Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9022 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

deepti

UK

#5481 Apr 9, 2013
Riskier wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have regular periods and on time....you said you are not getting periods on time right? That's what happened to my sister...she used to eat clay at very young age...did not get periods on time....gradually she started having periods once in 2 months and then even further apart....
TOOTH DECAY IS MY BIGGEST ISSUE TOO.....
So my sincere advice even if you eat clay never miss your iron pills...just takes 2 seconds of your time....we have to care for our body....god bless....
How ur sis nw....n how old is she nw..???
GINA

Lagos, Nigeria

#5482 Apr 10, 2013
I am addicted to clay (known as NZU in Igbo language).

Please what should I do to stop.

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5483 Apr 10, 2013
The Official MAVU Facebook page is now live!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MAVU/380522282...

Here you can see the behind the scenes pictured of the clay being baked etc.
There's also detailed pics of the clays so you know exactly what you will be getting.

Please do like and share so that more people can know about and enjoy these new clays!

Also do friend me if you like:

https://www.facebook.com/mavu.seller

Enjoy the rest of your day!

London, UK

#5484 Apr 10, 2013
GINA wrote:
Hi Gina!

My mum was a serious clay eater so she personally suggested going cold turkey and stocking up on iron rich foods. Spinach is your friend!

If the cravings are coming hard snack on something crunchy like almonds or suck on a boiled sweet.

Try this for 21 days.

If this seems too hard I'd say set a day like Sunday's where you can indulge in your clay and then don't allow yourself any for the rest of the week. Then gradually cut one Sunday out of the month at a time until you are completely off.

Please do let us know how you get on!

(I'm pretty sure there's some ladies here who have manage to stop so if they could give Ms Gina a hand that would be great!)
adaku

UK

#5485 Apr 10, 2013
GINA wrote:
hello ladies and welcome gina,I also addicted to nzu very badly but some how managed to get over it.you can if you want it just takes time and determination.
@mavu you are doing a terrific job.
bluestoneclay

Courtenay, Canada

#5486 Apr 10, 2013
hi all
i have been seeing people talk about teeth problems, i would assume the grit in the clay would do damage to teeth. In the area i live in, there is a old coastal native history and it is said you can tell a old native burial because the teeth are worn down from eating sand and grit.
What i am saying is, if you eat clay, don't chew it, it would be like taking sand paper to your teeth.
I have got a lady wanting to try my clay , her name is perry A and she wrote the book,"living clay" . i was wondering, has any one read the book.
paul
mary tyler

United States

#5487 Apr 10, 2013
bluestoneclay wrote:
hi all
i have been seeing people talk about teeth problems, i would assume the grit in the clay would do damage to teeth. In the area i live in, there is a old coastal native history and it is said you can tell a old native burial because the teeth are worn down from eating sand and grit.
What i am saying is, if you eat clay, don't chew it, it would be like taking sand paper to your teeth.
I have got a lady wanting to try my clay , her name is perry A and she wrote the book,"living clay" . i was wondering, has any one read the book.
paul
Congrats!!! Just scrolling threw some of her quotes in her book she speak alot about ingesting clay and detoxing ..I think she is an expert on clays, she seems to love clay like most of us do on this Forum ....Hope it be a success plz tell her and invite her to join the Forum ....Good luck Blue stone clay
Taylyn

Montgomery, AL

#5488 Apr 10, 2013
i Love White dirt so MUCh, its like i crave it when i dont have it i can become very crazy, at first i started off eatin cornstarch then my grandma told me about white dirt , when i first tasted it , it was very nasty then the nextmornin i had taste for more, the more i eat the gooder it tastes if anybody know ant local stores in Alabama that sell white dirt Plz let me know
chuchu

Abuja, Nigeria

#5489 Apr 11, 2013
i enjoy all d contributions so far. am also an addict bt nt as bad. i eat only wen i feel d desire.i could stay 4 a whole 2 weeks without takin any. but that dosnt make it gud 4 me. i really want to stop. i also noticed fibroid in my system. mayb it is really related to fibroids.
clayaholic

UK

#5490 Apr 11, 2013
Got my clay from mavu and its sooo yummy! She promised earthy and earthy is exactly what I got. Ladies I really recommend you try both clays as it works out cheaper and you can then decide which one you prefer. I'm in love with the red soil cake for sure but I'll probably just keep ordering both as I like the two different earthiness that they offer.
Now the real challenge is not eating it all in one day! Postage was cheap and it came pretty quick as in she posted same day. Packaged perfectly.

Mavu you've really improved keep going!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5491 Apr 11, 2013
clayaholic wrote:
Got my clay from mavu and its sooo yummy! She promised earthy and earthy is exactly what I got. Ladies I really recommend you try both clays as it works out cheaper and you can then decide which one you prefer. I'm in love with the red soil cake for sure but I'll probably just keep ordering both as I like the two different earthiness that they offer.
Now the real challenge is not eating it all in one day! Postage was cheap and it came pretty quick as in she posted same day. Packaged perfectly.
Mavu you've really improved keep going!
Thanks for that review clayaholic - glad to hear that it is as good as it looks and as described. Can't wait until I come out there to order some.

Mavuseller if you read this congratulations on your new look site and facebook page - they both look great.

I've never tried moulded clays before, and to be honest based on a couple of youtube videos I've seen I had some concerns about the conditions that some of it may be made in, but both those new mavuseller clays look so good. I wish I had some now!

A couple of questions for Mavuseller or anyone else who can answer regarding the type new clays being sold: Is the Tanzanian soil cake actual soil, or is it still considered clay? Do you know what is added to it, i.e. is it just water or anything else? Same for the white moulded clay, is it just water added?

Thanks.
Truth Seeker

Saskatoon, Canada

#5493 Apr 11, 2013
http://www.magneticclay.com/eating-clay.php

Eating Clay is natural for most animals on earth. People on earth have incorporated clay in to their diet for thousands of years. It helps detoxify your body.

London, UK

#5494 Apr 11, 2013
@Allthingsclay

Thank you so much!

It's more a soil than a clay that's dug deep and then pounded to make a fine powder which is then moulded with water which is what I would also assume with the white clay.

They are both then baked in the sun to harden in their shape which I then baked again before packaging. Even to eat them as they were the flavour wasn't there yet so baking was a must to make them sterile and to really bring out the flavour.

@Clayaholic

Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying the clay. The earthy flavour comes from the baking. It's all in the baking!:)
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

#5495 Apr 11, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
@Allthingsclay
Thank you so much!
It's more a soil than a clay that's dug deep and then pounded to make a fine powder which is then moulded with water which is what I would also assume with the white clay.
They are both then baked in the sun to harden in their shape which I then baked again before packaging. Even to eat them as they were the flavour wasn't there yet so baking was a must to make them sterile and to really bring out the flavour.
@Clayaholic
Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying the clay. The earthy flavour comes from the baking. It's all in the baking!:)
This seems exactly what I'm looking for because I am used to eating soil than clay. I have placed my order for the Tanzania Red Soil Cake and I can't wait to receive it. I hope this is the missing taste that I have been trying to satisfy. I will definitely let everyone know. Thank You for bringing this soil and other clays to the forum for everyone to try.
Awura

Graz, Austria

#5496 Apr 12, 2013
Where is Soulsista everyone?????I've sent her countless of msgs with no reply,I hope she's ok tho...

Soulsista if you r reading this please get in touch @ [email protected] miss the chunky clay sooooo much.

@Mavuseller I placed my order for both clays yesterday,I hope I will like them as I am not use to any other clay aside the Ghanaian ones(not the moulded ones) raw in it natural state,can't wait for the original Mavu as it so much looks like the ones I am used to,also I hope the are not salted are they?

Clay hug everyone...

London, UK

#5497 Apr 12, 2013
@Awura

Your clays are on their way and I hope you like them too! And don't worry they are not salted.

I can't wait for the original Mavu either!
iheartclay

Birmingham, UK

#5498 Apr 12, 2013
received my mavu clay too. really like the red one.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5499 Apr 12, 2013
Awura wrote:
Where is Soulsista everyone?????I've sent her countless of msgs with no reply,I hope she's ok tho...
Soulsista if you r reading this please get in touch @ [email protected] miss the chunky clay sooooo much.
@Mavuseller I placed my order for both clays yesterday,I hope I will like them as I am not use to any other clay aside the Ghanaian ones(not the moulded ones) raw in it natural state,can't wait for the original Mavu as it so much looks like the ones I am used to,also I hope the are not salted are they?
Clay hug everyone...
@Awura She and I exchange email last week. I hope she is okay
Awura

Graz, Austria

#5500 Apr 12, 2013
@Mary Tyler,the last email I got from her was on the 3rd April and she was meant to get email me again to confirm that she's posted an order I placed but I didn't hear anything else from her and I have sent her emails like everyday with no reply which is very unusual of her,I just hope she's okay.
zaheera

Chichester, UK

#5501 Apr 12, 2013
Hi everyone....
I would like to ask if anyone in UK would like to try the Indian roasted clay ...I had just received it two days back but done how I didn't like the taste of it so much but if anyone interested I will try to post it in UK...anywhere ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Forks: 9 marvellous things for this long we... 2 hr JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
News Dining Detour: Restaurants near Nassau Coliseum (Jan '09) 12 hr Joan 12
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... 13 hr Fart news 689
evening under the stars 19 hr Mona Day 1
News From ice cream to condos and townhouses, develo... Fri Mark K 1
News Fluoridation and GMOs: Interview with ConnFACT ... Fri Get rid of it 1
News In Support of Fluoride Fri Get rid of it 2
More from around the web