Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
5,061 - 5,080 of 8,029 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
Alexx

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

I would love to try nakumatt clay . That sounds so good . I don't know why I keep imagining it just like white dirt but roasted . I also would like to try the Ghana clay . Seems like a lot of you really enjoy that type of clay . I always ate either white dirt or red dirt I used to dig up . But I think I want to finally try something new . I also want to try corn starch but I'm just afraid of the weight gain .
lanie

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Hey...just noticed there is an episode on "Strange Addictions" tonight at 7:30 featuring a woman who has eaten dirt everyday for the past 30 years!
Should be interesting.
mary tyler

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

bluestoneclay wrote:
I don't eat my clay , but i do sell it.
Wow over 5000 posts, that is a lot to read, so i better get started.
If any one wants to see my clay, copy "bluestoneclay.webs" and paste it in google.
I don't recommenced eating it, because it is made up of %20 a healing stone, called non fibrous actinolite in it.
It is a very unique clay and likely is a real healing clay.
paul
Welcome to the clay Forum Paul Im glad you decided to come a board . Youre clay looks very good and creamy can you explain what Type of healing is this Type of clay is use for ?
Curious

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Wouldn't it be nice if all of the sellers had also sale in bulk packages? Like mavu, soul sister, Leslie,Wanda. If they sold in bulk like how Sam does and how Ackee is receiving it, wouldn't that save us more money then buying 1 bag (pound) of clay for $20. Where's you can buy 10 bags (pounds) of clay for $20. Just wondering and thinking. Not asking for anybody to do that but that would be a nice idea. But I'm pretty sure y'all receive the clay in bulk packages.
dirtnclay

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Curious wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if all of the sellers had also sale in bulk packages? Like mavu, soul sister, Leslie,Wanda. If they sold in bulk like how Sam does and how Ackee is receiving it, wouldn't that save us more money then buying 1 bag (pound) of clay for $20. Where's you can buy 10 bags (pounds) of clay for $20. Just wondering and thinking. Not asking for anybody to do that but that would be a nice idea. But I'm pretty sure y'all receive the clay in bulk packages.
If I was a seller I might as well be giving away the clay for free! How would they make money then to even cover their own costs?
mary tyler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Curious wrote:
Curious Im just Curious were are you paying 1 bag (pound) of clay for $10.00 and what kind of clay are you purchasing ? If you are paying 1 pound of clay 20.00 that is way to expensive maybe you need to look for a cheaaper supplier.
mary tyler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

dirtnclay wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a seller I might as well be giving away the clay for free! How would they make money then to even cover their own costs?
@ Well Dirtnclay clay that we eat isnt that expensive for the product it self. Its mostly $1.50-$4.00 a bag .Its is the shipping of the clay that is high. That why I try to order from suppliers in the US because it will be cheaper and faster , then when I order from the .U.K ..but I have order from the U.K. Because I enjoy tasting there clay as well.
dirtnclay

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Curious are you talking about $20 for shipping?
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Hi everyone has anyone on this forum hear of kalaba(marble chalk).what country did this clay come from.
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Hello everyone, has anyone on this forum hear of kalabe(marble chalk)also what country did the clay come from.
mary tyler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

@ Soul Sista just posted check P P .
mary tyler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Love Clay wrote:
Hello everyone, has anyone on this forum hear of kalabe(marble chalk)also what country did the clay come from.
@ love clay what's does it look like? I Google it but couldn't find anything. Is it chunks or molded egg shape?9156
Curious

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

dirtnclay wrote:
Curious are you talking about $20 for shipping?
Something like that. For example, you buy 1 bag of Wanda's clay for 7.99 and including shipping its almost up to $20. Only for a pound. Or Leslie clay which is 5.99 and that also goes up to almost $20. Just for one bag. It's like we're paying more for the shipping than the actual product. We should just pay for the shipping. Shipping and the product is really expensive.

I tried both clays by the way, so I don't want to seem like I'm bashing out on them. Both very good products. Both just very expensive shipping and yes I do live in the US, sorry to those who doesn't, I'm pretty sure that shipping is really out of hands.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Love Clay wrote:
I recently came across an article that said that another name for kaolin in a part or parts of Africa is "kalaba". Is that what you mean?
I just did an image search for marble chalk, since I hadn't heard of that. What came up looked like the Indian slate pencil that has been talked about here before. It looks good to me - anyone tried that?
Do you have any more information on kalaba and marble chalk?
Red Clay Dirt Lover

Seymour, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Hi clay lovers. I need ur help can u tell me where i can order me some red clay dirt, what wbsite? I live in the mid west far from the south where it is plenty of red dirt
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

I will get my clay on Monday.They have it in stock. The last time I got clay from them someone sent me a few bags that was months ago.
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

ackee wrote:
I will get my clay on Monday.They have it in stock. The last time I got clay from them someone sent me a few bags that was months ago.
Where are u getting clay from? And was it good the last u got it from there?
mary tyler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Ghana Chalk wrote:
Nowadays they are some selling Ghana chalk in bigger than average size and they taste of poor quality; they are pale and moulded huge with no earthy taste. They are crumbly and dry in texture not cream melt in your mouth...taste more like breeze block, nasty and cheap tasting.
This must be in Ghana . I have only seen picture of them huge side Ghana Clay looks good on picture I'm glad you posted about it.
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are u getting clay from? And was it good the last u got it from there?
I am getting it from mutt and Jeff. Yes it was good.I have always bought from them but it seems as if they are always out.I guess High demand and the price is good.
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Anybody when tehey r shipping the clay in india

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••