Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9263 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Soul Sista

Manchester, UK

#4146 Feb 14, 2013
Clay Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
@Love clay this is my first time trying all clays. I tried the white. The batch I got was tooo sour. I tried Mavu. I don't know but it just didn't seem earthy to me like some of the others described it. The Ghana clay is good. One bag had a funny taste in it that I think was picked up during travel. Kind of the smell/taste of exhaust. The others were good.
@Clay Curious. Pour the clay into a paper bag, shoe box or wrap it up in newspaper for a couple of days. You can also air it occasionally, not necessarily outside, maybe on a window sill where there are no other smells. It should revert to its original smell/taste. Happy munching.
mahi

Delhi, India

#4147 Feb 14, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
I m from india yaha par chambal ravine ki mines mai mitti pai jaati hai that taste is very good but woh sirf wahi parise agra side hi milti hai log iske chunks ko roast karke khaate hai iska taste sunte hai bahut achcha hota hai i m from lucknow yaha par sirf multani mitti hi milti hai any body tell ifound there are any eadible clay
in INDIA....log mitti khaate hai but batate nahi hai...pregnant ladies eat multani mitti...i too eat multani mitti (but m not pregnant :P)...m 17 years old....n i hav been eating clay since i was 4....i have tried everything including slate pencil ,chalk,cement,paint on the walls..(chuna)...!!
i would like to some other clays available on india...!! plzzz can u tell me the name of some clays which are found in india...!!!
Clay Curious

Bowie, MD

#4148 Feb 14, 2013
Soul Sista wrote:
<quoted text>
@Clay Curious. Pour the clay into a paper bag, shoe box or wrap it up in newspaper for a couple of days. You can also air it occasionally, not necessarily outside, maybe on a window sill where there are no other smells. It should revert to its original smell/taste. Happy munching.
Thanks Soul Sista
monica

Jackson, MS

#4149 Feb 14, 2013
I just finished baking my white dirt in the oven in a oven safe parchment paper bag! And the taste is very earthly! It have the earthly taste I've been craving! I've got to place another order with Leslie real soon!
Iheartclay

UK

#4150 Feb 14, 2013
It's wieid but I can't connect white to earthy. Has to be gray brown or red. Just how my mind works lol
Alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#4152 Feb 14, 2013
Leslieinga wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Monica
Glad you like it. My current batch has a lot of red color to it so I think you will like it very much. Talk with you soon!
Omg I would love to try that batch . Wanda's clay also had a lil red in it & it was very good . Wonder does your taste better .
Terrible addict

Nigeria

#4153 Feb 14, 2013
Its so good to know that I am not alone. I have tried stopping severally but to no avail. The addiction so bad. I have also not been able to concieve. Am going to try the 30day challenge. Not sure how to. Stop abruply or gradually???
I just have to stop.Lets keep the forum, i think it will help us all
Rita

Plymouth, MN

#4154 Feb 14, 2013
Terrible addict wrote:
Its so good to know that I am not alone. I have tried stopping severally but to no avail. The addiction so bad. I have also not been able to concieve. Am going to try the 30day challenge. Not sure how to. Stop abruply or gradually???
I just have to stop.Lets keep the forum, i think it will help us all
I am terribly addicted too...what kinda clay do u eat
Rita

Plymouth, MN

#4155 Feb 14, 2013
mahi wrote:
<quoted text>
in INDIA....log mitti khaate hai but batate nahi hai...pregnant ladies eat multani mitti...i too eat multani mitti (but m not pregnant :P)...m 17 years old....n i hav been eating clay since i was 4....i have tried everything including slate pencil ,chalk,cement,paint on the walls..(chuna)...!!
i would like to some other clays available on india...!! plzzz can u tell me the name of some clays which are found in india...!!!
Mai US Mai rahe te hoon...mujaheddin matti bahoot pas and hai...grey, black, stones roasted to perfection....Mumbai India Mai milti hai...abhi US Mai matti bahoot miss ho rani hai.... We're do u live...
Rita

Plymouth, MN

#4156 Feb 14, 2013
mahi wrote:
<quoted text>
We're do u live and what kind of clay do u eat?
Rita

Plymouth, MN

#4157 Feb 14, 2013
mahi wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim mere leya matti post kar skate ho....Mai paisa de door gee...India Mai Kahn rather ho? Grey roasted earthy taste clay taste kiya hai
Rita

Plymouth, MN

#4158 Feb 14, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
Any body in india i m from lucknow and there r found only mutani matti in general store no body help me then ifound earthy clay there r
I am from India living in USA now...write to me
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#4159 Feb 14, 2013
Leslieinga wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Monica
Glad you like it. My current batch has a lot of red color to it so I think you will like it very much. Talk with you soon!
Can u show a pic of the new batch love red clay.
Mz libra

Chesapeake, OH

#4160 Feb 14, 2013
I'm so excited! My white dirt is due to arrive on Saturday. The pics on fb look so good!!!!! Still eating my cornstarch but can't wait to compare the taste of both. I have to try a piece before I bake it. I'm also going to try the microwave. I put my cornstarch in the microwave and then let it sit for a few days and I'm telling you, it was so dry and creamy. Then I also add a bit of water and let it air dry and become crunchy & smooth. The other day I left work and I had a craving for some cornstarch so badddddddddd. I went to Walmart picked up the great value brand and in the parking lot I opened it and turned the box up and ate it, right there. Just to have that taste I became so calm. The crazy thing is I did it again at the gas station. Then I threw the box away bcuz I knew I had some at home but in the moment I had to have my cornstarch. Before when I was eating white dirt it was the same kind of feeling . I didn't know anything about baking it, microwaving or letting it sit in paper bag. I was just eating it. Some pieces were crunchy, some were sour but all of them were creamy. When you bake it, does it stick to your teeth? I will share once I receive it.
Mz libra

Chesapeake, OH

#4161 Feb 14, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in us virginia
I also live in Virginia. I checked at the African store where I live and the lady said in the state of Virginia it's not sold due to state regulations.
Rita

Plymouth, MN

#4162 Feb 14, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
<quoted text> I also live in Virginia. I checked at the African store where I live and the lady said in the state of Virginia it's not sold due to state regulations.
You must try the Asian Food store in Virginia you will get the clay there for sure.
dirtnclay

UK

#4163 Feb 14, 2013
Hi ladies, I wanted to find out how packed Leslie's bags bags of dirt are?? I don't want to be disappointed thinking they are gonna come as packed and filled up as Wandas. Also if you've ordered from overseas approximately how long did it take to arrive?? Thanks.
Meee258

Lockhart, TX

#4164 Feb 14, 2013
dirtnclay wrote:
Hi ladies, I wanted to find out how packed Leslie's bags bags of dirt are?? I don't want to be disappointed thinking they are gonna come as packed and filled up as Wandas. Also if you've ordered from overseas approximately how long did it take to arrive?? Thanks.
Leslie's bag come full. Idk bout traveling overseas but I always get full bags of clean dirt. I've ordered two times. Addicted.
rinkie

Lucknow, India

#4165 Feb 14, 2013
Rita wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim mere leya matti post kar skate ho....Mai paisa de door gee...India Mai Kahn rather ho? Grey roasted earthy taste clay taste kiya hai
i eat only multani mitti india mai bahut tarah ki mitti paai jaati hai but there r avaivable only multani mitti
rinkie

Lucknow, India

#4167 Feb 15, 2013
india found many type mitti but only villege city found only multani mitti villeges found the clay oven tis is very tasty i only listen but dint found thisvillege women eatthis clay

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Restaurant review: Foundation Tavern (former Kr... 1 hr Richard Kranium 8
News Fresh ordered deliveries - bringing whole, orga... (Aug '15) 8 hr share with food b... 3
News Acton Seniors Centre members enjoyed Town's vol... (Jun '10) 8 hr Baker 4
News PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With New 'Sile... (May '12) 11 hr Maxie 10,810
News Openings and Closings: Emmaline and Doris Metro... Sun FORT FARTS 7
News A Big Fish in a little marina (Jan '09) Sat Kasmier 19
News For sale: Robert Street burger place, loaded wi... (Mar '11) Sat otannenbaumtree 115
More from around the web