Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9224 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Georgia white dirt eater

Jonesboro, GA

#2450 Oct 14, 2012
Ackee wrote:
Alex
Do you leave the bag open or closed? I am going to try it?
Did anyone order from Mutt and Jeff yet?

I take it out the plastic bag put it in the paper bag open so it can dry out for some hours after that you can close it after eating but I leave mine open because the taste gets better :-) I just bought a bag from the corner store it's so good and crunchy!!!
alexx

Locust Grove, GA

#2451 Oct 15, 2012
Ackee wrote:
Alex

I room the dirt out the plastic bag & put it in the broken bag & rolled it down . left it outside for a few hours then left it closed over night in the house .
alexx

Locust Grove, GA

#2452 Oct 15, 2012
Ackee wrote:
Alex
I took the dirt out of the plastic bag , placed it in the paper bag & rolled it down . left it outside sitting directly in the sun for a few hours then brought it back inside & left it closed over night . I actually think the longer you leave the dirt in the paper bag the better it would taste .
meh

New Delhi, India

#2453 Oct 16, 2012
royal wrote:
<quoted text>
@meh i will eat white dirt which is here in hyderbad called as khadi.
wow it sounds good!i hadn't ever heard this, i wanna try as well.. from where i can buy it?
royal

Hyderabad, India

#2454 Oct 17, 2012
meh wrote:
<quoted text>
wow it sounds good!i hadn't ever heard this, i wanna try as well.. from where i can buy it?
you have to buy it from paint shop like asian paints like tht
winnie

Mombasa, Kenya

#2455 Oct 17, 2012
val wrote:
yaa i come from afrika eating clay is very common
the smell is good and it taste good most women enjoy it i eat it too someone gets the urge to eat it
almost daily
both men and women eat it
young and old eat it too
to some people the urge goes away with time
to others it takes long
Nowadays we have roasted clay so one choses the natural or roasted
'can someone tell me where to buy some so that i eat'
iam in german
i can send it to you i am in kenya
winnie

Mombasa, Kenya

#2456 Oct 17, 2012
i can send some if you ont mind
Rubab

Islamabad, Pakistan

#2457 Oct 17, 2012
i also love clay and now a days eating in pregnency position and too much worried about it becuase i am not in position to leave it becuase i love it and eating to much and i know it from other research that it is harmful for my baby and me to now what should i do it
thanks
renee

Watseka, IL

#2458 Oct 17, 2012
I have freshly dug Georgia white dirt for sale, email me if interested...[email protected]
mzlibra

Newport News, VA

#2459 Oct 17, 2012
I have decided to give up cornstarch.....so today i threw away one whole box and a box that had some left in it. I cant explain why but, I did. So, hopefully I can do it this time. Ive tried every brand of cornstarch I could find. My list total was 8 different brands. I guess Ive just gotten tired of buying it and eating it. Nothing new after the cravings, just the same old powder, the squeak and then the swallow. Its like oh yeah here i go again. It doesnt give me the same feeling anymore. So, goodbye to cornstarch. It was fun while it lasted.......5yrs.
adaku

UK

#2460 Oct 17, 2012
mzlibra wrote:
I have decided to give up cornstarch.....so today i threw away one whole box and a box that had some left in it. I cant explain why but, I did. So, hopefully I can do it this time. Ive tried every brand of cornstarch I could find. My list total was 8 different brands. I guess Ive just gotten tired of buying it and eating it. Nothing new after the cravings, just the same old powder, the squeak and then the swallow. Its like oh yeah here i go again. It doesnt give me the same feeling anymore. So, goodbye to cornstarch. It was fun while it lasted.......5yrs.
What a decison!congrats honey..
alexx

Locust Grove, GA

#2461 Oct 17, 2012
I'm done w/ the bag of white dirt that Ackee sent me . it was so good I couldn't help myself to eat some like everyday . I'm going to miss that smooth texture & that earthy taste .
Caribbean clay lover

Kingston, Jamaica

#2462 Oct 17, 2012
Very nice mzlibra. am always proud of someone who is able to overcome a habit. This craving thing can be reeally challenging so this is strength right here.
mzlibra wrote:
Kat

Sweden

#2463 Oct 17, 2012
Toya we didnt choose to have pica... So shut the f**k up n get yo life
angela

Flushing, NY

#2464 Oct 18, 2012
hello guys, How is everyone? I haven't eaten clay for months. I have been taking my iron pills eating healthy. so i don't crave the clay anymore.I am so happy. I Used to order like 40 pounds (lbs) every two months of white dirt from mutt and jeff...... but now i am free of clay cravings. they come back when i am anemic but been very good taking my iron pills and multivitamin and haven't been craving clay for months.:) stay strong guys. eat healthy, take multivitamins they might help. take care everyone :)
Mucha

UK

#2465 Oct 18, 2012
Does anyone know where i can get clay in the uk? I usually get it sent by family frm zimbabwe finishd it all now and got cravings. Please help
Mucha

UK

#2466 Oct 18, 2012
UK Clay eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mavuseller
Could you reply to my email please.
Many thanks
Hi do yu knw where i can get clay in the uk
Caribbean clay lover

Kingston, Jamaica

#2467 Oct 18, 2012
Thanx Angela & you take care too.
angela wrote:
hello guys, How is everyone? I haven't eaten clay for months. I have been taking my iron pills eating healthy. so i don't crave the clay anymore.I am so happy. I Used to order like 40 pounds (lbs) every two months of white dirt from mutt and jeff...... but now i am free of clay cravings. they come back when i am anemic but been very good taking my iron pills and multivitamin and haven't been craving clay for months.:) stay strong guys. eat healthy, take multivitamins they might help. take care everyone :)
Chalk lover

Mytchett, UK

#2468 Oct 18, 2012
angela wrote:
Hi Angela, it's lovely to hear that you've beat the craving - well done!!! I agree that healthy eating can be one of the causes - as most of you already know from my earlier comments on raw food etc. Really nice to hear from you and that you've broke the 'chain'.

God bless
Friend

London, UK

#2469 Oct 19, 2012
Hi ladies I'm a friend of Mavu and she currently has no internet but she said there has been a delay on her shipment so business is expected to be back to normal from the first of november including those that she owes clay to. She will be back on 31 oct to confirm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As solar power expands the work day, incomes ri... 6 hr Solarman 1
News Kitchen remodeling 101: Making the space your own (Sep '13) 12 hr vivisa0290 6
News Backyard chickens spur debate in central Ohio c... Dec 7 They cannot kill ... 17
News Spuds on top as celery named as UK's most hated... Dec 7 Well now 10
News The Cuisine of Puerto Rico (Apr '11) Dec 7 HairyGuy 137
News Study says N.L. will see below average food pri... Dec 6 meanwhile 1
News Scene: African American Council's first awards ... Dec 6 silly rabbit 1
More from around the web