Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9224 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

royal

Hyderabad, India

#2349 Sep 25, 2012
alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you bake the kaolin powder ? & does it bake like chunks or be crunchy like how it is when you buy it in the plastic bag ?
in which stores i will get kaolin powder plz tell me
mzlibra

United States

#2350 Sep 25, 2012
Well everyone I've eaten 2 boxes of cornstarch in the last 2.5 weeks. I've been eating the Walmart brand and I really enjoy it. Today I'm going cornstarch shopping.....LOL!!!! I think I may try Argo again, I'm not sure. I going to buy 3 boxes of some kind. To mama cornstarch & Sabrina Lewis hang in there. We love CORNSTARCH!!!!! I also LOVE WHITE DIRT!!!!!!! Love my pica family!!!!!! Enjoy and be blessed everyone!!!!!!!
clayer

Johannesburg, South Africa

#2351 Sep 25, 2012
StraightShooter wrote:
Ladies PLEASE may we put this matter of free sample to rest,she said her goodbyes already.Lets move on please guys....Love u all!!!
hi straightshooter, where do you get your clay from?
mama cornstarch

Streamwood, IL

#2352 Sep 25, 2012
mzlibra wrote:
Well everyone I've eaten 2 boxes of cornstarch in the last 2.5 weeks. I've been eating the Walmart brand and I really enjoy it. Today I'm going cornstarch shopping.....LOL!!!! I think I may try Argo again, I'm not sure. I going to buy 3 boxes of some kind. To mama cornstarch & Sabrina Lewis hang in there. We love CORNSTARCH!!!!! I also LOVE WHITE DIRT!!!!!!! Love my pica family!!!!!! Enjoy and be blessed everyone!!!!!!!

It's been 3weeks since I had cornstarch and yes I have been craving but I'm on iron pills so the cravings aren't that strong.I must say I have never swallowed cornstarch I know some still goes down but I always rinse my mouth really and and then brush my teeth. When you eat your cornstarch MzLibra do you wet and let it dry so that it's nice and crunchy it's the best.
kaolin white dirt lover

Mcdonough, GA

#2353 Sep 25, 2012
where can I buy white dirt in chunks form for a good low price ? I just need like a couple of bags . I don't need 10 bags like how mutt & Jeff's do . & I don't need 2 bags & for like $10 plus s/h . so does anyone know where I can white clay from .
kaolin white dirt lover

Mcdonough, GA

#2354 Sep 25, 2012
or do any one of you ladies sell white clay ?
mzlibra

Newport News, VA

#2355 Sep 25, 2012
mama cornstarch wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been 3weeks since I had cornstarch and yes I have been craving but I'm on iron pills so the cravings aren't that strong.I must say I have never swallowed cornstarch I know some still goes down but I always rinse my mouth really and and then brush my teeth. When you eat your cornstarch MzLibra do you wet and let it dry so that it's nice and crunchy it's the best.
I have put water in my cornstarch and let it dry and its crunchy. lately ive been letting it air dry with the top off. love it
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#2356 Sep 25, 2012
mzlibra wrote:
Enjoy! Let us know what kind you get (and don't forget to give us your review of the different kinds lol!)

I'm sitting having some Argo from the box. I've had the same box for weeks, but I feel that if I'm not careful I could slip back into my old addiction for it.

Oh, what you do love best - cornstarch or white dirt?
miss ebbraheeeeemii

Rochester, UK

#2357 Sep 25, 2012
hi i want this edible mittti you get it from karachi pakistan please someone get it for me my horrible family wont let me goooooo im dieing for it dont care if i get constipated man please someone help :(
have pica

Sioux City, IA

#2358 Sep 25, 2012
I did a cornstarch taste test an hodgemill is the best I let it air out an add a lil coco powder it is so gooooood. I taste Argo, kroger brand, wal -mart brand, best choice brand, hodgemill,clabbergirl. I was at a Mexican store an seen a box cornstarch I would love to go back an try.
StraightShooter

South Africa

#2359 Sep 25, 2012
Hello ppl...@ clayer,I buy my clay from market street in Joburg/Pretoria and it's packet neatly...from white to yellow,Brown,Red it's so earthy,creamy and crunchy but the best clay for me is the one sold in Bloemfontein!!where do you buy yours?......cheers
clayer

Johannesburg, South Africa

#2360 Sep 26, 2012
StraightShooter wrote:
Hello ppl...@ clayer,I buy my clay from market street in Joburg/Pretoria and it's packet neatly...from white to yellow,Brown,Red it's so earthy,creamy and crunchy but the best clay for me is the one sold in Bloemfontein!!where do you buy yours?......cheers
Hi SS, i get mine from Kempton Park. sometimes they dont have the best sometimes they do. you find that it has some dark things in it-so what i do is melt it in water and remove all the funny things totally then i cook it. it takes me an hour to prepare my clay. where do you get the Bloem one from. Would like to try it.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#2361 Sep 26, 2012
StraightShooter wrote:
You are so lucky, to be able to just go to one place and buy a choice of clay.

Can you tell us what your favorite is like, the one in Bloemfontein?
mama cornstarch

Streamwood, IL

#2362 Sep 26, 2012
Hi, I have a question and I mean it in the nicest way I know how to ask I've read through this forum and I've notice where people say they eat clay, cornstarch, dirt all day some eating as much as 2-3 boxes of cornstarch a day and I myself am a cornstarch eater( on break from it now week 3) but I would have like a couple of spoonfulls maybe 3 times out of the week I guess my question is how do you find the time to do this all day long and I am not in any way judging anyone cause I am addict to cornstarch.
adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#2363 Sep 26, 2012
mama cornstarch wrote:
Hi, I have a question and I mean it in the nicest way I know how to ask I've read through this forum and I've notice where people say they eat clay, cornstarch, dirt all day some eating as much as 2-3 boxes of cornstarch a day and I myself am a cornstarch eater( on break from it now week 3) but I would have like a couple of spoonfulls maybe 3 times out of the week I guess my question is how do you find the time to do this all day long and I am not in any way judging anyone cause I am addict to cornstarch.
my claay comes as lumps,when i was not working,i just kept it in front of me and chew all day long,at work i just have it in my pocket and eat as i work,it made the work less stressful.
kaolin white dirt lover

Mcdonough, GA

#2364 Sep 26, 2012
can somebody please sell me some bags of white dirt . I'm soo desperate for the taste & texture .
ackee

White Plains, NY

#2365 Sep 26, 2012
kaolin white dirt lover wrote:
can somebody please sell me some bags of white dirt . I'm soo desperate for the taste & texture .
send me an e-mail [email protected]
mzlibra

United States

#2366 Sep 26, 2012
have pica wrote:
I did a cornstarch taste test an hodgemill is the best I let it air out an add a lil coco powder it is so gooooood. I taste Argo, kroger brand, wal -mart brand, best choice brand, hodgemill,clabbergirl. I was at a Mexican store an seen a box cornstarch I would love to go back an try.
Wow, u sound like me....I've tried all of them except best choice brand(where do u get that from). Hodgkin's mill is very good as well. Well allthings clay I can't say which one I enjoy the best because both of them satisfy my pica...the white dirt and cornstarch are wonderful. I haven't put cocoa powder in my cornstarch. I eat cornstarch before I go to work, sometimes I pack some in a plastic bag and eat it on my lunch break. Bcuz my family is aware of my pica I sit and watch tv and eat my cornstarch...after dinner I will so anytime.....if I may ask "have pica" where do you live?
have pica

Sioux City, IA

#2367 Sep 26, 2012
mzlibra wrote:
<quoted text> Wow, u sound like me....I've tried all of them except best choice brand(where do u get that from). Hodgkin's mill is very good as well. Well allthings clay I can't say which one I enjoy the best because both of them satisfy my pica...the white dirt and cornstarch are wonderful. I haven't put cocoa powder in my cornstarch. I eat cornstarch before I go to work, sometimes I pack some in a plastic bag and eat it on my lunch break. Bcuz my family is aware of my pica I sit and watch tv and eat my cornstarch...after dinner I will so anytime.....if I may ask "have pica" where do you live?
Flint Michigan. My husband know an hate that I have pica when I had my 1st son I would eat none thing but cornstarch an it had to be Argo in the box. I'm with my 2nd child an it has come back bad.. what is white dirt?

Since: Apr 11

Germantown, WI

#2368 Sep 26, 2012
Chalk lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Swabbi, hope ur well. I would love to have a clay party too!!!! The idea has crossed my mind a few times. Clay, chalk, cornstarch - just absolutely anything and everything clay, earthy, powdery :-) Happy clay eating everyone.
God bless
Hi chalk lover. How have you been?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Backyard chickens spur debate in central Ohio c... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 3
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) 8 hr milad 128
News Clay County native, veteran starting organic ca... Fri MARY W 1
News Deplorables: No more Pop-Tarts Thu Concerned citizen 1
News 'My 600-Lb. Life' takes viewers on 'Joe's Story... (Mar '15) Thu TipsyFromCentralC... 11
News Taste of Nova Scotia: The holiday kitchen party... Thu ihavenet 1
News Magnificent Macedonia is one of Europe's undisc... Thu MACEDONIA is HELL... 265
More from around the web