Workers at Milwaukee fast food, retai...

Workers at Milwaukee fast food, retail chains walk off jobs

There are 4 comments on the Wisconsin Gazette story from May 16, 2013, titled Workers at Milwaukee fast food, retail chains walk off jobs. In it, Wisconsin Gazette reports that:

Hundreds of workers at some of Milwaukee's largest fast food and retail chains walked off their jobs on May 15 as they demanded the right to form a union without fear of retaliation and wages of $15 an hour.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wisconsin Gazette.

Jux Suppose

Waukesha, WI

#1 May 16, 2013
You guys might want to rethink your actions.....there is NO WAY you are going to be paid $15 an hour for unskilled labor, just not going to happen.
You will be replaced very, very soon.
Jux Suppose

Waukesha, WI

#2 May 16, 2013
Seems some of these people returned to work to find that their job is no longer available to them. They have or will be replaced quickly.
Grego

United States

#3 May 17, 2013
Serious, you all want $15hr for flipping burgers and dropping fries, why don't we just give you the key to the white house and call it a day, you ought to be thankful you have a job, well for those who protest need to be replaced, there are people with degrees and out of work would appreciate your job.
Jux Suppose

Waukesha, WI

#4 May 18, 2013
I think many of these people are out looking for a "new" job today.....starting pay around $7 per hr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fast food-style Middle Eastern lands in downtow... 1 hr Sangelia 1
News Blue Bell Is Overrated, Dallas, So Eat These Fi... 2 hr dedeindallas 3
News Putin Pumps Iron, Internet Delivers Punch Lines 6 hr John 1
News New stores coming to Old Town Bluffton 14 hr natosoco 1
News Fresh ordered deliveries - bringing whole, orga... Sat Sun 1
News Thousands of bees stolen from local farmer Aug 29 Willy Tonka 1
News Restaurant review: Tacos Don Cuco is classic Me... Aug 28 Richard Crosno 3
More from around the web