Hmong Village: A success story on St....

Hmong Village: A success story on St. Paul's East Side

There are 97 comments on the TwinCities story from Jan 15, 2012, titled Hmong Village: A success story on St. Paul's East Side. In it, TwinCities reports that:

Stroll through the Hmong Village shopping area on St. Paul's East Side and you'll be engulfed in the sights, smells and sounds of another land.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

Sam

Saint Paul, MN

#65 Jan 24, 2012
LMAOROTF wrote:
Bankers found it too ambitious and wouldn't loan them the money. So the nine "asked our friends and family members to help us out," said Chiaxa Vagh, a founder and now the center manager.
By pooling resources, they bought a vacant warehouse, then employed relatives on 12-hour work shifts to transform the space. As word of their plan spread, would-be Hmong shop owners began lining up.
Hey! What the heII! Don't bring facts into it!

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#66 Jan 25, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and read what the article and I said about the property itself.
You are wrong.
I did. I am still correct.
Rash

Saint Paul, MN

#67 Jan 25, 2012
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a bigot and a racist pos not to mention a drunken lowlife.
LMAOROTF

Kent, WA

#68 Jan 25, 2012
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be a baby about it. You're regressing and it's not pretty.

“I am the real deal.”

Since: Dec 11

St. Paul, MN

#69 Jan 25, 2012
Rash wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a bigot and a racist pos not to mention a drunken lowlife.
As someone who knows Irish away from Topix, let me offer the following.

Definition of BIGOT: One who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

I don’t think wanting the same thing as the Hmong Village in an Irish Village is bigoted. He is not a bigot.

Definition of RACISM

A belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

I haven’t ever seen Irish portray any race as inferior. He is not a racist.

Definition of DRUNKEN LOWLIFE

Having a beer or two with a bunch of off duty cops is done by Irish at least a couple of times a month. If your idea of LOWLIFE is Law Enforcement personnel then he certainly is guilty here.

So you got one of three right. That's a pretty good batting average, but a pretty poor fielding average.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#70 Jan 25, 2012
Rice Street 86 wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of BIGOT: One who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.
I don’t think wanting the same thing as the Hmong Village in an Irish Village is bigoted. He is not a bigot.
Definition of RACISM
A belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.
Having a beer or two with a bunch of off duty cops is done by Irish at least a couple of times a month. If your idea of LOWLIFE is Law Enforcement personnel then he certainly is guilty here.
So you got one of three right. That's a pretty good batting average, but a pretty poor fielding average.
.333 would not have won the batting title, but would have look good in the Twins lineup last year!
Sam

Saint Paul, MN

#71 Jan 25, 2012
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Like when you go to Irish On Grand to buy gifts, stop at O'Gara's to meet the cop buddies then run over to Minneapolis to hit Kieran's and The Local you are also visiting taxpayer subsidies businesses.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#72 Jan 26, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Like when you go to Irish On Grand to buy gifts, stop at O'Gara's to meet the cop buddies then run over to Minneapolis to hit Kieran's and The Local you are also visiting taxpayer subsidies businesses.
Well, actually while in St. Paul we visit the Liffey, than over to McGoverns, then up to Plums, prior to going over to O'Garas, then it is on to DT MPLS. And you are correct, as a taxpayer, and patron, I am subsidising the owners by normally paying bar bill. So what?
LMAOROTF

Kent, WA

#73 Jan 26, 2012
Riding another IrashWn "fact/lie" to death, huh ? Seems even your "posse" isn't on board, since trolls said my "pension payments" are the POs problem... Tired old lies, from "Lord of Fruit Flies" ! LMAOROTF !

What do you suppose it means, when facts don't support YOUR "reality"... I'm guessing your "reality" BLOWS ! LMAO !

On which planet, do you make allegations WITHOUT PROOF, then offer to "find" proof, if you get a blank check, get to interpret the "proof", and insult folks, who like proof with their "facts" ?? IF he HAD ANY CLASS, he's take the honorable way out... I believe it's called Hari kari !??
LMAOROTF

Kent, WA

#74 Jan 26, 2012
Rice Street 86 wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of RACISM
Define IRONY= A guy using a stolen moniker, tell us about "HONESTY"

Define clueless=A guy using a stolen moniker, tell us about "HONESTY"

Define DUMB=A guy using a stolen moniker, tell us about "HONESTY"

Define JW=just wired WRONG !

Throw some mud at successful immigrants, after all you'd cheat, steal, and lie ---RIGHT ??? Gotta love the biases "religious right wing nuts" bring to the table...... What happened to innocent until proven guilty ? Just for your crooked pals, like newt ? We need a 10 year old janitor on isle three !
LMAOROTF

Kent, WA

#75 Jan 26, 2012
Rice Street 86 wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of RACISM
JW Recap- I drink with IrashWM and carry beer as well as water AND he greased his arw, before he stuck it up my back, so I know he's cares....
Casey

Minneapolis, MN

#76 Jan 26, 2012
It's so sad when the government employees who are paid to monitor their mental patients allow the drooling cretins access to the institutes computers all day. LOL
LMAOROTF

Kent, WA

#77 Jan 26, 2012
Casey wrote:
It's so sad when the government employees who are paid to monitor their mental patients allow the drooling cretins access to the institutes computers all day. LOL
Glad you're defining the value of YOUR "honor" to you.... Personally, I'm honest and you're NOT a better person... Just letting you know the price you're paying...

The Republican game is this: "IF YOU TELL A LIE OFTEN ENOUGH, IT BECOMES THE TRUTH".
LMAOROTF

United States

#78 Jan 26, 2012
LMAOROTF wrote:
<quoted text>Define IRONY= A guy using a stolen moniker, tell us about "HONESTY"
Define clueless=A guy using a stolen moniker, tell us about "HONESTY"
Define DUMB=A guy using a stolen moniker, tell us about "HONESTY"
Define JW=just wired WRONG !
Throw some mud at successful immigrants, after all you'd cheat, steal, and lie ---RIGHT ??? Gotta love the biases "religious right wing nuts" bring to the table...... What happened to innocent until proven guilty ? Just for your crooked pals, like newt ? We need a 10 year old janitor on isle three !
Innocent until proven guilty like CAIN, I would never say anything bad about CAIN, OH WAIT I did and therefore I am a dumb hypocrite!!!! lmaorotf
LMAOROTF

United States

#79 Jan 26, 2012
Anyone know how someone steals something no one has owned?

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#80 Jan 26, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
You almost have it right.

And if you know so damned much about my stances, you also know what I say to all businesses that play the Corporate Welfare game, don't you?
LMAOROTF

Kent, WA

#82 Jan 26, 2012
LMAOROTF wrote:
Anyone know how someone steals something no one has owned?
It's a 9/10 possession rule and also about character. YOU wouldn't understand, but perhaps I can elucidate. It's like quotes, son... Nobody owns words, but putting them together cleverly "belongs" the the person who does it, NOT YOU !
LMAOROTF

Kent, WA

#83 Jan 26, 2012
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you know so damned much about my stances, you also know what I say to all businesses that play the Corporate Welfare game, don't you?
You say lots of nonsense/lies... Getting tired old man ??? See your "water boys" are panicking....
Sam

Saint Paul, MN

#84 Jan 27, 2012
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a slip jig or a hop jig?
heres an idea

Saint Paul, MN

#85 Jan 27, 2012
Why don't you guys just stick to 1 thread unless you have something new to add. Every thread you all embark on just becomes the same name calling and BS as every other thread you had been on before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Best Iced Coffee Drinks in Every Miami Neig... 3 hr Hans Dickenhand G... 4
an evening on the beach 17 hr Mona Day 1
News Flavors of the Pacific Rim in Midtown Ventura 17 hr ventura_resident123 1
News Wellington-Halton Hills MPP Arnott: Wishing eve... 19 hr Fergus gets new hosp 8
News Shutting down 'shark finning': US fishermen pro... Wed Captain Yesterday 6
News Desperate for help, needy post pleas online | T... (Oct '09) Wed Posting as myself 38
News Wellness Committee of Thousand Oaks Presents "1... Jul 26 Udo 1
More from around the web