Home Remedies for Bronchitis

Home Remedies for Bronchitis

There are 13 comments on the American Chronicle story from Aug 12, 2007, titled Home Remedies for Bronchitis. In it, American Chronicle reports that:

In acute cases of bronchitis, the patient should fast on orange juice and water till the acute symptoms subside. via American Chronicle

Join the discussion below, or Read more at American Chronicle.

Rivneet

Delhi, India

#1 Sep 18, 2007
Dear Doc,

I am 39 yrs old and live in Delhi, India

I had Viral attack about 15 days back with Dry Cough and Low grade Temp 99-99.5 C.

After a week of antibiotics and recovery, I again felt sticking pains in limbs and developed fever. I had to take antibiotics again for a week. Dry Cough still persisted. I felt so unusually weak, muscle pain and little shortness of breath. Doc diagnosed it as Allergic Bronchitis and asked for tests viz. Chest X ray, Blood test and Urine test. All the test results are fine with no adverse indications. Blood test showed tests within acceptable range. Only ESR is little high @ 18 instead of Normal range of 0-15. He has prescribed Steaming, Antibiotics and Cough syrup. There was little wheezing in lungs.

Currently, after 5 days of taking antibiotics, there is no wheezing, and he has only advised Allegra tablets, Steaming and Cough syrup. There are no other symptoms eg skin, diahorrea, rash, lymph nodes. Fever is also not there and Temp fluctuates from 98.0-98.8 C. On my insistence, Doc has now asked for Low blood sugar and thyroid tests.

Dry cough continues but its not much, but symptoms now include the following viz.

- Unusual weakness. Weakness & muscle pain aggravates on switching the AC on.
- Muscle pain in limbs
- Little shortness of breath.
- Dry cough (On steaming it aggravates, otherwise its not so much present). Cough aggravates on switching the AC on. There is no mucuous coming out.
- 2-3 kgs weight loss. I had my weight as 77 kgs. Now its 74 kgs. I am monitoring it now.

Is the above a result of Post bronchitis symptoms or otherwise. Pls help me. I am feeling weakness and muscle in limbs and don't know what to do. There is overall weakness. I am taking vitamins as a cover for weakness. I never had so much weakness and limb muscle pains in my life.

Regards,
Rivneet Chadha
India
just candid

AOL

#2 Sep 18, 2007
I have no medical training but do have a question or two. Do you do your own cooking? If so what type fuel do you use? Do you get enough magnesium and potassium in your diet or with your vitmins? Any other enviroment change like a new factory nearby? Any other lifestyle change,new casrpet,furnature ect? Hope you find the reason for your problem and I wish you the best of luck.
SassyVarmit

United States

#3 Sep 18, 2007
Rivneet wrote:
Dear Doc,
I had Viral attack about 15 days back with Dry Cough and Low grade Temp 99-99.5 C.
After a week of antibiotics and recovery, I again felt sticking pains in limbs and developed fever. I had to take antibiotics again for a week. Dry Cough still persisted. I felt so unusually weak, muscle pain and little shortness of breath. Doc diagnosed it as Allergic Bronchitis and asked for tests viz. Chest X ray, Blood test and Urine test. All the test results are fine with no adverse indications. Blood test showed tests within acceptable range. Only ESR is little high @ 18 instead of Normal range of 0-15. He has prescribed Steaming, Antibiotics and Cough syrup. There was little wheezing in lungs.
Currently, after 5 days of taking antibiotics, there is no wheezing, and he has only advised Allegra tablets, Steaming and Cough syrup. There are no other symptoms eg skin, diahorrea, rash, lymph nodes. Fever is also not there and Temp fluctuates from 98.0-98.8 C. On my insistence, Doc has now asked for Low blood sugar and thyroid tests.
Dry cough continues but its not much, but symptoms now include the following viz.
- Muscle pain in limbs
- Dry cough (On steaming it aggravates, otherwise its not so much present). Cough aggravates on switching the AC on. There is no mucuous coming out.
- 2-3 kgs weight loss. I had my weight as 77 kgs. Now its 74 kgs. I am monitoring it now.
Is the above a result of Post bronchitis symptoms or otherwise. Pls help me. I am feeling weakness and muscle in limbs and don't know what to do. There is overall weakness. I am taking vitamins as a cover for weakness. I never had so much weakness and limb muscle pains in my life.
Regards,
Rivneet Chadha
India
Do you have any LIPTON TEA?

In a cardiac unit, they use a medication to clear bronchial tubes of heart patients, that is a derivative of Lipton tea.

Drink a couple of cups, you will be surprised how much better you feel.

Good Luck.
OH Traveler

Lebanon, OH

#5 Oct 10, 2007
My great grandmother used this recipe: hot tea with lemon, bourbon, and raw honey (from the hive not clover). Raw honey has natural antibiotic properties. Lemon is a natural antiseptic. Bourbon allows for a great night's sleep and also has some natural antibiotic properties.

Good Luck!
joy mukherjee

United States

#6 Oct 25, 2007
i too have chronic bronchitis for the last 5 years and it developed with whooping cough(acute bronchitis?)...believe me allopathy dosen't have any treatment for it...it is helpful only when u get infection...it has made life un bearable for me..i live in the usa...cold,dust and pollution all makes the condition worse...try swami's ramdev clinic or ayushakti in mumbai...colon cleansing may also be helpful...also homeopathy may help...my email is joymukherji2001@yahoo.com , keep me updated , i wish u all good luck in finding a cure..
Frank

United States

#8 Dec 4, 2007
I don't believe I read the MD doing a strep throat culture test. Worth exploring as your symptoms are strep like.
Kent

Flintstone, MD

#9 Dec 4, 2007
just candid wrote:
I have no medical training but do have a question or two. Do you do your own cooking? If so what type fuel do you use? Do you get enough magnesium and potassium in your diet or with your vitmins? Any other enviroment change like a new factory nearby? Any other lifestyle change,new casrpet,furnature ect? Hope you find the reason for your problem and I wish you the best of luck.
But I guess the insufficient amount of toilet training you received makes you an expert on this as on all other subjects you pretend to have knowledge of.

Since: May 07

Hilton Head Island, SC

#10 Jan 2, 2008
Kent wrote:
<quoted text>
But I guess the insufficient amount of toilet training you received makes you an expert on this as on all other subjects you pretend to have knowledge of.
Who made you the expert Kent?? Are you facing this condition?? Its not fun. If you do not have it. Don't get it. Stop your smoking if you smoke. And avoid all secondhand smoke as if it is the plague that it truly is.

Since: May 07

Hilton Head Island, SC

#11 Jan 2, 2008
Rivneet wrote:
Dear Doc,
- Muscle pain in limbs
Regards,
Rivneet Chadha
India
Rivneet,

I have been fighting Chronic Broncitis/COPD for about 5 years. I'll be 56 in February. Did the docs help?? Hell no! The more I see them the more they continue to poison my body with their so called medicines. The medicines prescribed, only mask over the symptoms, in that sense they help; But the more of it you take the sicker you become. The poisons assure the docs that you'll be sure to return. Its (Drugs) a money machine for the medical community. I have moved away from conventional medicine and am looking into safe holistic medicines that will restore my compromised immnune system to one that functions as it should and one that will fight inflamation and mucous production. Take my advise and change right now as I have. Your body will only be poisoned by the docs. It is probably toxic right now. Start with a Candida Clease http://herbalcaredirect.com/Complete-Candida -..., follow it by a Whole Body Cleanse http://www.wbcleanse.com/go/wbcleanse/WholeBo ..., follow that by a Heavy Metal Cleanse http://www.vitacost.com/Renew-Life-Heavy-Meta ..., you should be serious about changing your diet, read and follow> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0879040041/r ... ; Also begin taking NATURAL herbs and supplements to repair your organs and decrease the symptoms of your current illness. Best of luck to you. This has been no fun. A friend, George
Joe

Sharpsburg, GA

#12 Apr 18, 2008
If anyone is looking for something for bronchitis, you might want to try http://www.bronocal.com . great product, been using it for a while now and no signs of bronchitis for me as of now.
Marks

Serbia

#13 Jan 25, 2011
Bronchitis is a condition in which the lining of the bronchial tubes becomes inflamed.

http://www.bronchitissymptomsonline.com/

Since: Aug 10

Nanning, China

#14 Jan 28, 2011
The more common remedies for bronchitis are eucalyptus, garlic, honey, ginger, cinnamon and tea. Herbs like bugle, butterbur, caraway, angelica, borage, coltsfoot and comfrey are known to help in the relief of the symptoms. Other herbs such as chickweed, chervil, fenugreek, fennel, ground ivy, liquorices, myrrh, madder, knotgrass and marjoram are also effective. Mullein, parsley, plantain, onion, sage and primrose, thyme, white horehound, watercress, speedwell and savory are also utilized in the treatment of bronchitis.
Ken

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Mar 14, 2014
I've found that loading up on immune boosting vitamins is really helpful. Recently found this supplement called instant immunity on amazon. Been using it during this flu season and have weathered it so far.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Best weird AP news: 'Jorts-wearing bandit,' Den... 1 hr Mary Grams 4
News Rural America Braces for Labor Shortages After ... 7 hr Retribution 94
News What's Happening Mon guest 1
News Over 2,000 pounds of crawfish being delivered t... Aug 19 Victor Hugo 169
News Children who skip breakfast 'may be doing thems... Aug 19 Gov Corbutt of th... 5
News Tense days for business owners without legal st... Aug 19 Retribution 19
News That chicken from Whole Foods isn't so special ... Aug 19 hier is a liar 1
More from around the web