A Judge's Cookbook Reveals The Secret...

A Judge's Cookbook Reveals The Secrets Of Bialys And Bagels

There are 35 comments on the National Public Radio story from Jan 1, 2014, titled A Judge's Cookbook Reveals The Secrets Of Bialys And Bagels. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

There are two important things that you learn about Michael Zusman, baker and co-author of The Artisan Jewish Deli at Home, when you bake with him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chrobry

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jan 1, 2014
"Bialystok, a major city in what's now Poland...." How would Jews feel if someone wrote: "Tel Aviv, a major city in what's now Israel..."? It is indisputable that Bialystok is Polish!!!
Clear Dharma

Swansea, UK

#2 Jan 1, 2014
I wonder where they thought they were living in the 'good' old days then?

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 1, 2014
Can you use just garlic without any onion in the bialys?
OnlyPatchWork

Brewster, NY

#4 Jan 1, 2014
Chrobry wrote:
"Bialystok, a major city in what's now Poland...." How would Jews feel if someone wrote: "Tel Aviv, a major city in what's now Israel..."? It is indisputable that Bialystok is Polish!!!
I have seen Jews do this before!

With Jews suggesting that Poland stole land from Germany & Russia.

Jews were huge traitors against Poland!
Chrobry

Ambler, PA

#5 Jan 3, 2014
OnlyPatchWork wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen Jews do this before!
Jews were huge traitors against Poland!
Initially, Jews greeted Germans & Soviets in September & October 1939. Later..., in 1942..., Jewish "Helloes!" turned into German "Good byes!"
Clear Dharma

Brighton, UK

#6 Jan 3, 2014
OnlyPatchWork wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not good, it really is not good. If I lived in the states and had this kind of shit forced down my throat on a daily basis, I would likely get very pissed off in double quick time.
Chrobry

Ambler, PA

#7 Jan 3, 2014
Clear Dharma wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not good, it really is not good. If I lived in the states and had this kind of shit forced down my throat on a daily basis, I would likely get very pissed off in double quick time.
I've had worse shit forced upon me when I was in high school in the mid-1970s: Blacks calling me a Communist; neighbors calling me a "refugees' child" in my childhood in the mid-1960s & beating me up - even the adults verbally bullied me; graffiti saying "Polack go home" on the sidewalk in front of our house, etc.
OnlyPatchWork

Brewster, NY

#8 Jan 3, 2014
Chrobry wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had worse shit forced upon me when I was in high school in the mid-1970s: Blacks calling me a Communist; neighbors calling me a "refugees' child" in my childhood in the mid-1960s & beating me up - even the adults verbally bullied me; graffiti saying "Polack go home" on the sidewalk in front of our house, etc.
You have never said much about Black people here.

I can't imagine you like Black people after that!

Location hidden

#9 Jan 3, 2014
Chrobry wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok but how would you treat a Russian immigrant if one moved in next door?
Clear Dharma

Ellesmere Port, UK

#10 Jan 4, 2014
Chrobry wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think this was started by the Jews in the media?
Jew Media attack Poles

Podgorica, Montenegro

#11 Jan 4, 2014
Chrobry wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so sad....
Poor Poles ;-[

Location hidden

#12 Jan 4, 2014
Why doesn't Chrobry answer me???
OnlyPatchWork

Brewster, NY

#13 Jan 4, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Ok but how would you treat a Russian immigrant if one moved in next door?
I don't think Chrobry is very anti-Russian.

Most of his anti-Russian responses are in response to rabbi anti-Polish hatred from feral rabid people like Alexey.

He has gone out of his way to mention Jewish involvement in Katyn massacre & that Stalin was Georgian which suggests that he isn't as anti-Russian as you would think.

Location hidden

#14 Jan 4, 2014
Chobry is a big boy and he can answer for himself.
Chrobry

Ambler, PA

#15 Jan 4, 2014
OnlyPatchWork wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never said much about Black people here.
I can't imagine you like Black people after that!
I work with a good deal of Blacks &, surprisingly, we get along most of the time, but the United States is far from being "one nation under God." Maybe in another 300 years. The issue of slavery is still very strong even toward myself, the son of a Polish slave laborer who lost his health and shortened his life in the Reich.
Clear Dharma

Bridgend, UK

#16 Jan 5, 2014
Chrobry wrote:
<quoted text>
I work with a good deal of Blacks &, surprisingly, we get along most of the time, but the United States is far from being "one nation under God." Maybe in another 300 years. The issue of slavery is still very strong even toward myself, the son of a Polish slave laborer who lost his health and shortened his life in the Reich.
You seem to be one of the few people here who has to deal with real people, in real and arduous situations.

Your input is most valued.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 5, 2014
Clear Dharma wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be one of the few people here who has to deal with real people, in real and arduous situations.
Your input is most valued.
Huh? Like I don't know any black people? LOL
Chobry lives in the east and they have different attitudes toward immigrants, blacks, etc. But people assume - or like to assume - the east is the 'real' America, as if the rest of the US doesn't count. I think it's because their attitudes are so negative which match what outsiders already believe - or want to believe. I guess it reinforces the stereotypes they get from Hollywood movies? Dirty, crowded cities with serious crime problems, drugs, and major problems with race. Like blacks are shooting at each other & carjacking people all the time and mexican immigrants are all either drug mules or drug dealers. It's all about what you want to believe.

Location hidden

#18 Jan 5, 2014
Chobry, how would you treat a Russian immigrant if one moved in next door?
LOL
Clear Dharma

Bridgend, UK

#19 Jan 5, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Huh? Like I don't know any black people? LOL.
I wasn't really commenting on blacks, America, anyone in particular but making a statement that Chrobry knows from personal experience what life on the edge really looks like. I, as an example, deal with many people, but only in relation to industrial issues - for me any people issues are just incidental. I know that Chrobry works out in the streets trying to protect kids living in desperate situations. He therefore is bound to build up insights which your typical Topix, err, contributor, doesn't have. Just a simple +ve comment directed at Chrobry, and about Chrobry. Nothing else implied.
Estonian Women

Podgorica, Montenegro

#20 Jan 5, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Huh? Like I don't know any black people? LOL
Chobry lives in the east and they have different attitudes toward immigrants, blacks, etc. But people assume - or like to assume - the east is the 'real' America, as if the rest of the US doesn't count. I think it's because their attitudes are so negative which match what outsiders already believe - or want to believe. I guess it reinforces the stereotypes they get from Hollywood movies? Dirty, crowded cities with serious crime problems, drugs, and major problems with race. Like blacks are shooting at each other & carjacking people all the time and mexican immigrants are all either drug mules or drug dealers. It's all about what you want to believe.
Blacks and Mexicans are violent Apes,just like Polaks

Good thing we don't have them here in Estonia

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News For sale: Robert Street burger place, loaded wi... (Mar '11) 4 hr otannenbaumtree 115
News Activist compares Detroit PETA billboard to KKK 9 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 8
News A little bit of Lopez in New York (May '10) Fri three blocks 2
News Neighbors sue farmer over 'cannon' to keep away... (Sep '07) Fri Exposed 54
News He's calling it Illegal Tacos: 'I know it's risky' Dec 14 Goose 1
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) Dec 13 WATCHING LIVONIA 24
News Moms' soda habit in pregnancy may boost kids' o... Dec 13 AmeriBev 1
More from around the web