Franklin County's peaches are in - ex...

Franklin County's peaches are in - extra sweet

There are 5 comments on the Public Opinion story from Aug 3, 2010, titled Franklin County's peaches are in - extra sweet. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

This year's crop of the famed Chambersburg peach might not be as large as in most years, but they will be every bit as good, or perhaps better, and the peaches are ready now.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Evie Schliestett

Duluth, GA

#1 Aug 4, 2010
Wish I was in Pennsylvania to enjoy some of those fresh from the tree peaches! I live in Georgia "The Peach State" but there is no comparison. Pennsylvania peaches are the best by far!!!
mr sarcasm

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Aug 4, 2010
I know that there are fruit stands, orchards, and farmers markets all over the place which is great, the best place i have come across so far for peaches and sweet corn is hess orchard on rte. 316. I can't say that they are the lowest in price, but the taste and quality is awesome to say the least, i would rather pay a little more for true local produce that is better than what you get from big grocery stores. Just a little tid-bit for those wanting things that are extremely good tasting and keeping the cash in the community.
peach luver

Carlisle, PA

#4 Aug 4, 2010
once you taste the peaches sweet nectar it is all you can think about.
POReader

Lexington Park, MD

#5 Aug 4, 2010
I have always loved the peaches at Shatzer's! When I come back to Pa. that is where I head for my peaches!
Nick

Fort Worth, TX

#9 Aug 15, 2014
I just tried one of these peaches and oh my God! I've never had such peaches in my life. To bad I didn't buy enough. I bought one small crate at a farmers market. The size of them is what made me go back to it. They were still hard so I let a few days pass till I tried one. I'm already back home in TX and I want more!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weird 27 mins ago 9:22 a.m.Pancake prankster ch... 21 hr Spotted Girl 5
News Bloodroot owners mark 40 years of feminism, veg... Fri America Gentleman... 2
News U.S. farm heartland lobbies to steer Trump away... Fri Ted Haggard s Gos... 7
News Houston's 9 best neighborhood restaurants make ... Fri BestPhartss 1
News Houston Bucket List 2017: Rowdies, Birdies and ... Fri Mariachis Phartss 1
News Central Ohio Catholics can ask for permission t... Thu jonjedi 5
News Farm-to-plate restaurant to set up shop in Quak... Thu Kitty 6
More from around the web