Food pantries see growing need in New...

Food pantries see growing need in New Mexico as food stamp benefits drop

There are 1 comment on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Jan 5, 2014, titled Food pantries see growing need in New Mexico as food stamp benefits drop. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

LAS CRUCES >> In just a year, 1,000 extra families lined up at Casa de Peregrinos to get help from the largest food pantry in Las Cruces.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

NOMOREYEARS

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jan 5, 2014
Wow really - just another hand out that people living on the gravy train get for doing nothing.

Amazing maybe they should try to upgrade their skills, get a job and
start making their way in life instead of living off the backs of the 53
percent that support the other 47 percent.

Entitlement state rears it's ugly head again.

New Mexico is always at the top of the worst lists and at the bottom of the best lists - must be in the water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two-thirds of packaged foods sold in Canada hav... 2 hr Kevin OLeary a Tool 1
News Two-thirds of packaged foods and drinks in Cana... 2 hr citizen 1
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) 5 hr ShtinkyPhartz 158
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) 14 hr RFLivonia 17
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 17 hr Clay supplier 9,230
News China, Serbia sign MOU on agriculture Wed Slobodan B Medojevic 1
News Nation-Now 40 mins ago 6:50 a.m.Tennessee bill:... Wed TLC 1
More from around the web