Jones Bar-B-Q Diner - Marianna, AR

Jones Bar-B-Q Diner - Marianna, AR

There are 13 comments on the Roadfood.com story from Dec 7, 2013, titled Jones Bar-B-Q Diner - Marianna, AR. In it, Roadfood.com reports that:

If you like your Roadfood restaurants humble, with a monomaniacal menu, have we got a place for you! Jones Bar-Q-Diner is located in a quiet residential neighborhood in tiny Marianna, AR, an hour west of Memphis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roadfood.com.

United States

#1 Dec 8, 2013
Good eatin.
guest2

United States

#2 Dec 9, 2013
Seems like a nasty ghetto place to me

United States

#3 Dec 9, 2013
May be. But got some good eatin.
guest2

United States

#4 Dec 9, 2013
Sanitation is more important than taste to me any day.

United States

#5 Dec 9, 2013
I would eat there before I eat at any Taco Bell/KFC, McDonald's, sonic or any other fast food joint around here.
guest2

United States

#6 Dec 9, 2013
I wouldn't eat at none of them nasty places.

Little Rock, AR

#7 Dec 9, 2013
Yep, Guest2, you're right. The James Beard award commonly goes to "nasty ghetto" eating establishments.

Jones has been there a long time, and I've been going there for decades. I've never seen anything in there that would keep me from eating their delicious award winning BBQ. The place is a little run-down looking, but I consider that character. It is clean and the food is unbeatable.

United States

#8 Dec 9, 2013
Guest wrote:
Yep, Guest2, you're right. The James Beard award commonly goes to "nasty ghetto" eating establishments.

Jones has been there a long time, and I've been going there for decades. I've never seen anything in there that would keep me from eating their delicious award winning BBQ. The place is a little run-down looking, but I consider that character. It is clean and the food is unbeatable.
That's right. It's their loss if they choose not to eat there.
guest2

United States

#9 Dec 10, 2013
Guest wrote:

The beards are nasty too. Fitting an award be named after them. You hood roaches and trailer trash can keep your ghetto burgers.

United States

#10 Dec 10, 2013
guest2 wrote:
<quoted text>The beards are nasty too. Fitting an award be named after them. You hood roaches and trailer trash can keep your ghetto burgers.
Well they must be doing something right. They been in business forever.

Little Rock, AR

#11 Dec 10, 2013
guest2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The beards are nasty too. Fitting an award be named after them. You hood roaches and trailer trash can keep your ghetto burgers.
Let me guess, you're a poor germaphobe who won't eat out ANYWHERE because you might ingest A germ! LOL.

What a miserable existance that must be, especially since that kind of aversion to any kind of "dirt" keeps you from having any kind of immune system.

You have fun with that though. I'll be enjoying my Jones BBQ.
taylor

United States

#12 Feb 3, 2014
The best bbq around hands down
Buku

United States

#13 Feb 6, 2014
The best Bar B Q around is Cypress Corner. Always has been and always will be. You see THEY not racist out there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News With business booming, D.C. food trucks now a s... 58 min Stephany McDowell 1
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) 2 hr comtech 61
News 4 ways millennials can survive and thrive in Ne... 3 hr tl-dr 3
News Jacobs & Brichford Introduces Two New Cheeses a... 16 hr Al Bion 8
News Where to Go for Seafood in Washington, D.C. 20 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Pigs en route to slaughter were in distress whe... Fri Arnold 1
News Pawpaw Fest is this weekend (Sep '13) Fri gary 2
More from around the web