Pizza Palace: Knoxville, Tennessee's Pizza Drive-In

Jul 16, 2010 Full story: Serious Eats 25

Oven Type: Gas, A Blodget that dates back almost 50 years. The Skinny? Scratch made dough and sauce, fresh cheese baked in a decades old oven and delivered piping hot to your car - what's not to love? Price: 10" pie $5.75, 12" pie $8.35, 14" pie $11.80, toppings extra When Pizza Palace opened in 1961, it was probably the first time many Tennesseans ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mamother

Medford, WI

#1 Jul 16, 2010
THE best pizza in town!! Onion rings are great, fries and burgers are too. Spaghetti, salad, all top notch.
Old Man

Knoxville, TN

#5 Jul 16, 2010
Been eating there since 62.
Ham and cheese on dark

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Jul 17, 2010
Great Greek salad too. Burgers are great too.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#7 Jul 17, 2010
Ahhh...we had the Sausage pizza last night....Yum!

ACW

Since: Oct 08

Orlando, Fla

#8 Jul 17, 2010
This is making me hungry! Gonna have to try this place out.
tnwonder

Morristown, TN

#9 Jul 18, 2010
Have been eating there since they opened ,never had any bad food from there,Love it!
Biff

United States

#10 Jul 19, 2010
Good chitlins too
Dona

United States

#11 Jan 23, 2014
I drive from SC to get their spaghetti.
Yer Out

United States

#12 Jan 23, 2014
Isn't this the place on Magnolia Avenue?
Fez

Harriman, TN

#13 Jan 23, 2014
Cash only.
Lol

United States

#14 Jan 24, 2014
It's amazing. If only Tic-Toc was still open.
Kauri

Lawrenceburg, TN

#15 Feb 5, 2014
Pizza Palace sucks. I used to work there and watched workers flick cigarette ashes in the food, amongst other things.. NASTY
Yer Out

Madison, TN

#16 Feb 5, 2014
In the ghettoooooo... (in the ghettoooooo...)
Cool

Sweetwater, TN

#17 Feb 6, 2014
Is it really cash only?
Cat Cahalan

Knoxville, TN

#18 Mar 9, 2014
I am from California, and we are use to amazing pizza. Our family has got to a family owened place for 50 years. We moved to Tennessee and the hunt was on, I was ready to give up until we found Pizza palace. Amazing pizza, the food all around is awesome, but the pizza is excellent!
Vern Schillinger

United States

#19 Mar 10, 2014
Yeah well it sure gets dark early on that side of town.
Tres Chic

Gold, India

#20 Mar 11, 2014
Great Service, Great Taste all is i wanna say...
Local

Clarksville, TN

#21 Mar 12, 2014
I'm 60 and can remember going there as small child. Still the best pizza in the area and going strong. Although the building hasn't expanded they have plenty carry out, especially at lunch. Every visit I see someone pick up large orders to carry back to the office. Before retiring I worked in Alcoa and many times someone went to Pizza Palace and would sometimes bring back more than a dozen pizzas. Now retired in the Mountains and it's one of the few restaurants I will drive to Knoxville for.

For the folks who want to knock Magnolia Ave. It's great pizza, so bring you mother if you are really that scared. Or just visit on a cloudy day so your shadow won't frighten you.
knoxgirl2626

Tampa, FL

#23 Oct 7, 2014
The owner (Charlie) is verbally abusive to his employees. The food may be great but the people who prepare it undergo a lot of unnecessary abuse during the making of said food. Pizza Palace owners should be ashamed of themselves.
Tired814

Knoxville, TN

#24 Oct 9, 2014
It is not good pizza nor good pie. The onion rings are very tasty. Elido's Pizza on Callahan is much better, but Pizza Inn is better than most everyone's around here. I don't know what the fuss is all about 'Pizza Palace' or 'Louis'. Nasty. Old. Run down places. Save your money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home gardens growing in this recession (Mar '09) 1 hr Ten seventeen 3
Blaze Pizza offers pies in a flash 2 hr Pizza on my mind 2
Pastries symbolize triumph marked by Jewish hol... 5 hr Big Johnson 1
No smoking in Restaurants... (Oct '07) 6 hr Sneaky Pete 1,765
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) Mon red clay lover 8,916
Planning a garden for success (Jul '11) Mon jstrong196 3
How to party like a conservative Mon Hunglo 5
More from around the web