Labor unions: We still matter

Labor unions: We still matter

There are 1 comment on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Sep 2, 2013, titled Labor unions: We still matter. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

It's no secret the American labor movement has plummeted since World War II, and experts say labor unions will never again have such significant membership and clout.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#1 Sep 3, 2013
"With car, clothing and steel manufacturing jobs starting to leave in the 1960s, union membership numbers dropped, he said."

Unions were the reason they left. Unions caused many good jobs to leave the country, car manufactures to go belly up. Today, because of unreasonable demands placed on municipalities, and 'negotiated' behind closed doors, just about every city, town and state is underwater big time.

If unions get into the fast food industry then there will be far fewer fast food restaurants and jobs. The last thing we need is more unions.

Sure, unions still matter, but not in a good way. If people want higher income stay awake in school, get the required skills for higher paying jobs.

We stop at a Dunkin Donut shop every Saturday morning for coffee and a snack. The girl at the register always undercharged us. My wife told her that she undercharged us. She look at my wife with a blank stare. We order 2 number ones. A medium coffee and two doughnuts, times two. The girl always rang up two coffees and two doughnuts, undercharging us about $2. Does this girl deserve $15/hour? I used to stop at a Burger King once in awhile, the girl at the drive-thru was stealing quarters from people's change. The first time I thought it was just an error, I didn't bother going in. The second time I counted my change and told her she shorted me a quarter. The third time I went in and told the manager. He said he's take care of it. Don't know what happened. Is this girl worth minimum wage?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Recipe for disaster: inside the New York City P... 6 hr KMD 1
News Knife & Fork (Sep '09) 23 hr bummed 22
News Mansion's reverend has skeletons in his closet (Jul '08) Mon DiLeos D 220
balsamic steak with fresh cherry (spruss?) vina... Sep 18 nowdatsfakinggreat 1
News Shorty's Place changing ownership and management (Jul '14) Sep 18 What a joke 5
News Craft brewery bringing back long-forgotten brew... Sep 18 Hops 1
News What's Happening Sep 17 boring 13
More from around the web