Pizza Pucks are back: Restaurant's return brings crowds

Jul 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Reporter

And the return is receiving a very warm welcome, judging by all the customers packing the East Monte Vista Avenue/Dobbins Street eatery since its soft opening last week.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Jul 10, 2013
Mike

Lafayette, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

More free advertising from the Vacaville Repeater. No wonder they have to furlough their staff one day per week!
Knowsalot

Vacaville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Mike wrote:
More free advertising from the Vacaville Repeater. No wonder they have to furlough their staff one day per week!
Only those that DESERVE free advertising get it.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

I just had some. They were good but overpriced and obviously still training the employees
Mike

Danville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

OK, tried two of their "pizzas" but was not impressed. They are going to have a difficult time compeating with the full sized pizza parlors. Papa John's, Papa Murphy's, Pizza Hut and Dominoe's. Hell, even the take 'n bake pizzas at Raley's and COSTCO are way better.

Pizza Puck's will have to reduce their prices to get competative or go belly up as before.

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Mike wrote:
OK, tried two of their "pizzas" but was not impressed. They are going to have a difficult time compeating with the full sized pizza parlors. Papa John's, Papa Murphy's, Pizza Hut and Dominoe's. Hell, even the take 'n bake pizzas at Raley's and COSTCO are way better.

Pizza Puck's will have to reduce their prices to get competative or go belly up as before.
I agree. U can get a large for 10 bucks at a bunch of places
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

I really do wish them well, but do not see how they will survive. Bad location when the town is saturated with pizza. Pizza Hut has their version of sliders; kinda' like a puck. Pucks are too much dough and greasy. Sure they are tasty, but not worth the trip or the price.

Being all for local business, I hope I am proven wrong on this one.
Tammy G

Vacaville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

I see all these negative comments about a place that has only been open a week... All I can say is, I have been in 3 times to eat and the food was amazing the service was great and the place was packed! I did not hear people talking about anything other then they loved it and where glad it was back. And oh yeh, none of the other places you all mention have Pucks! And sliders are just small pizzas, not even close! Sorry to get so worked up, I just really like the place. Lol..

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Tammy G wrote:
I see all these negative comments about a place that has only been open a week... All I can say is, I have been in 3 times to eat and the food was amazing the service was great and the place was packed! I did not hear people talking about anything other then they loved it and where glad it was back. And oh yeh, none of the other places you all mention have Pucks! And sliders are just small pizzas, not even close! Sorry to get so worked up, I just really like the place. Lol..
Be careful getting worked up. If you ate there 3 times in a week chances are your blood is as thick as Elmer's glue.
local joe

Vacaville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

pizza pucks is worth the price people. if you want cheap food, go eat your Mcdonalds...

and quite your whinning

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

local joe wrote:
pizza pucks is worth the price people. if you want cheap food, go eat your Mcdonalds...

and quite your whinning
How does one QUITE WHINNING? Pizza is one of the cheapest foods to make. Why should it be marked up so high?
Pizza Time

Vacaville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

not sure why you think its marked up so high?

Large pizza at Pizza Pucks $15.97
Round table $18.29
Pietros $21.00
Papa johns $16.00
Pizza guys $11.99 with coupon
Amici's $21.00
Napoli Pizza $20.25

WOW, yeah Pizza Pucks is relay high!!! I'm guessing you eat pizza from the frozen food section?

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Pizza Time wrote:
not sure why you think its marked up so high?

Large pizza at Pizza Pucks $15.97
Round table $18.29
Pietros $21.00
Papa johns $16.00
Pizza guys $11.99 with coupon
Amici's $21.00
Napoli Pizza $20.25

WOW, yeah Pizza Pucks is relay high!!! I'm guessing you eat pizza from the frozen food section?
Pizza Hut 10.00
Papa Johns 10.00
Cenarios 11.99
Pizza guys 11.00
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Tammy G wrote:
I agree with The Solution here...

Tammy, we are worried for your health. Topix is a hard, cruel place, but we are not heartless. Please change your diet and get to your doctor immediately. Some simple blood tests and treatment could save your life. We would like you to be around for a long time to argue with here on Topix.

That said, my prior comments are valid thoughts, but only A Thought.
Max

Vacaville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Tammy G wrote:
Pizza is very bad for your over all health; high in fat, salt, and white flower. I recommend eating fresh fruit especially ripe organic bananas in plain yogurt. Ditch the pizza toots.
Adam Lambert

Benicia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Good comments about nutrition.
mhammer

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Adam Lambert wrote:
Good comments about nutrition.
You love the trouser snake pizza. Bootyboi.

Since: Aug 10

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Knowsalot wrote:
<quoted text>Only those that DESERVE free advertising get it.
Maybe so. I don't recall ever seeing any Jerk Off State Farm free ads.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••