Vacaville school cafeteria manager focused on nutrition

Full story: The Reporter
This is the third in a series about Vacaville Unified classified employees, who this week are celebrating Class-ified School Employee Week. Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Kent, WA

#1 May 23, 2013
Did I miss something?
The aroma of cooked turkey filled the room yet of all of the menus items listed turkey was not one of them.

I wonder how much of that romaine and jicama ends up in the trash can, I'd bet most of it.
Max

Walnut Creek, CA

#2 May 23, 2013
It's all Bush's fault!
Adam Lambert

Benicia, CA

#3 May 23, 2013
Cafeteria manager at the Vacaville school, she prepared food -- a breakfast pizza or cinnamon French toast,

On the menu? Sloppy Joe sliders, bean and beef burritos, hotdogs

"She's caring and she's hard-working," said Stout. "Those are the two top things that describe her. She wants to give 110 percent, to feed the kids a better meal. She wants the quality to be better. She wants to find better ways of doing things."
----------
Yeah --- thatís why she serves pizza, burritos, & hotdogs. What do you bet the students slather the French toast with fake maple syrup (a.k.a. liquid sugar)?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) 6 hr Reddog 6
For Australian Christmas, Everything's Overturn... 9 hr Deano 10
Obama personal chef to hang up apron after 6 years 16 hr Deo Vindice 7
The effects of the BP oil spill on Las Vegas (Jun '10) 18 hr Bundy 4 Prez 6
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 20 hr Hhhhll 8,787
What's for dinner? Australia Thu J RULES 9
Goose and plum pudding: How German prisoners of... Thu Gabby 1
More from around the web