How to Make Real Texas Nachos

How to Make Real Texas Nachos

There are 8 comments on the Serious Eats story from May 2, 2014, titled How to Make Real Texas Nachos. In it, Serious Eats reports that:

Real Texas nachos need nothing more than fresh fried tortilla chips, melted cheese, pickled jalapeno, and - if you insist - beans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Serious Eats.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1 May 8, 2014
My understanding, and I lived in EP up until 1970, was that nacos were first commercialized in Piedras at a place called 'Nacos.' Maybe he got it from someone but that the first we heard of Nacos like we eat today. We use to eat there after a night of drinking and the nacos were damn good.
Eagle Eye

Houston, TX

#2 May 8, 2014
You trying to say nachos ? And yes it did come or was invented by Ignacio Amaya I could be wrong on the last name if so please correct me. Thanks
Eagle Eye

Houston, TX

#3 May 8, 2014
Or Anaya , I believe he or his dad worked in a bank in Eagle Pass but they were from Pierdras.
Jorge

Eagle Pass, TX

#4 May 8, 2014
Nachos were invented at the famous El Moderno restaurant which sadly closed down years ago because of the cartel violence.

Since: May 14

Kemah, TX

#5 May 8, 2014
yummy!!!

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#6 May 12, 2014
Eagle Eye wrote:
You trying to say nachos ? And yes it did come or was invented by Ignacio Amaya I could be wrong on the last name if so please correct me. Thanks
Thank you for the spell check Eagle Eye. Yes, of course I was trying to say nachos but my pinche laptop jumps all over the place and it's hard to type. I believe you are correct on Amaya and I even recall talking to the guy Nacho (kind of chunky) and eating at his place which was on the main drag going out of Piedras. Some times we would even go there sober. I do not remember eating Nachos at El Moderno but do remember the 'Cabrito Al Pastor' which was damn good.
EP

United States

#8 Aug 10, 2015
I like the nachos at Yoyo's better than anywhere else!
EP

United States

#9 Aug 10, 2015
EP wrote:
I like the nachos at Yoyo's better than anywhere else!
I meant Yopos

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Allentown Fair's new contests and demonstrations 1 hr weapon X 3
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 1 hr P1025aris 9,262
News Gorgeous weather, cheesecake draw large crowd t... 2 hr Harry Bawls 2
News Three generations keep Milton dairy farm succes... 11 hr farms eh 1
News Shorty's Place changing ownership and management (Jul '14) Sat Big time 10
News What's Happening Fri guest 14
News America's First Meat-Free Fast-Food Restaurant ... Sep 21 CO MW Support Col... 2
More from around the web