SNAP gets snipped

Nov 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chillicothe Gazette

Food stamp recipients in Ross County might have to make do with less at the grocery going forward.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 120 of163
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

woo-boy wrote:
Oh, by the way, that was before the War Mongers sequester.
What does the sequester have to do with anything??
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>What does the sequester have to do with anything??
Sorry about your lack of intelligence if you can't see what's going on. If they IQ'ed tested, you wouldn't be allowed to vote.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry about your lack of intelligence if you can't see what's going on. If they IQ'ed tested, you wouldn't be allowed to vote.
In other words, you're just inserting your political crap into a discussion because you've got nothing else to contribute.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#117
Nov 6, 2013
 
Jean Genie 57 wrote:
Some people are just uncaring,woo-boy. I have encountered several on here.
If you're looking for "caring" responses, you're on the wrong website.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, you're just inserting your political crap into a discussion because you've got nothing else to contribute.
Okay, and so says the troll idiot.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#119
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, and so says the troll idiot.
Again, another empty response. I think you've proven who the "troll idiot" is here.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#120
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Again, another empty response. I think you've proven who the "troll idiot" is here.
It would be different if you could put a response with any level of intelligence instead of smarky crap out.

Since: Oct 13

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#122
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>If you're looking for "caring" responses, you're on the wrong website.
exactly. Apparently this website attracts a lot self righteous jerks. Oh well,what goes around,comes around,sooner or later ;)

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#123
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Most likely because I have never been obligated to you and never will be, or anybody else. I'm just not hateful. Things happen to people that are out of their control. Don't be so hateful and greedy, things could happen to you at any time and leave you in the same boat. Then what would you say? It only takes a second to turn your life totally upside down.
I'm neither hateful nor greedy, I simply think that charity should be voluntary, not forced.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

woo-boy wrote:
Don't be so hateful and greedy, things could happen to you at any time and leave you in the same boat. Then what would you say?
I would ask nicely... not demand. And I would use that which is given exactly and entirely for its intended purpose.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125
Nov 6, 2013
 
Jean Genie 57 wrote:
<quoted text>exactly. Apparently this website attracts a lot self righteous jerks. Oh well,what goes around,comes around,sooner or later ;)
Are you hitting on me again??

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#126
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Der Fuehrer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to see citations for this. Also, do these jobs that you mention include stealing/selling your body?'Cause I'm not really seeing where else this huge influx of people is going to find employment.
I'm sure you would like to see citations, so I suggest you take your finger and click search and find them if that's what you need. I'm not your secretary. If you think that by taking people's free stuff away that they won't then get a job you are mistaken. I've seen it time and time again. I don't know what the "citations" are on that, but I know what I've witnessed with my own eyes. I don't need a damn survey to tell me what I know. Perhaps some people might even get motivated and go to school and get a career. Not saying all, some. I don't know where you've grown up in life but I'm telling you that the system is FAR more abused than what you think. I can understand you saying you would rather see no child go hungry, but do you NOT see the people in the store who are using the SNAP cards?? Look around you. I personally am glad that they are taking a stand and cutting the SNAP card. Perhaps then people can start preparing themselves for what's about to come. I don't know where you were going with that remark about women and selling their bodies. Perhaps you were saying that they either aren't educated enough, or are too lazy to get a job, either way it's not my job to feed their children. If they want to lay on their backs with their legs spread *which is what most of them do to get those 12 children we pay for* then let them get paid for it. That being said I have always said that I do support welfare for women who are on tough times and trying to better themselves. Short term. That is what it was designed for. I do not support women using it as a way of life and demanding and expecting our government to feed and house their children.
Jus Iil ole me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#127
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jean Genie 57 wrote:
<quoted text>exactly. Apparently this website attracts a lot self righteous jerks. Oh well,what goes around,comes around,sooner or later ;)
So, I guess your son is a loser now because of what he did in a prior life?
Songster

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

---Tbay--- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you would like to see citations, so I suggest you take your finger and click search and find them if that's what you need. I'm not your secretary. If you think that by taking people's free stuff away that they won't then get a job you are mistaken. I've seen it time and time again. I don't know what the "citations" are on that, but I know what I've witnessed with my own eyes. I don't need a damn survey to tell me what I know. Perhaps some people might even get motivated and go to school and get a career. Not saying all, some. I don't know where you've grown up in life but I'm telling you that the system is FAR more abused than what you think. I can understand you saying you would rather see no child go hungry, but do you NOT see the people in the store who are using the SNAP cards?? Look around you. I personally am glad that they are taking a stand and cutting the SNAP card. Perhaps then people can start preparing themselves for what's about to come. I don't know where you were going with that remark about women and selling their bodies. Perhaps you were saying that they either aren't educated enough, or are too lazy to get a job, either way it's not my job to feed their children. If they want to lay on their backs with their legs spread *which is what most of them do to get those 12 children we pay for* then let them get paid for it. That being said I have always said that I do support welfare for women who are on tough times and trying to better themselves. Short term. That is what it was designed for. I do not support women using it as a way of life and demanding and expecting our government to feed and house their children.
Simple solution to the women laying on their backs to get 12 kids and rely on snap----make the 12 fatherss pay child support! Men are just as responsible for those kids being on this earth and after the first couple of kids and a"new" man comes along he must know what kind of women he is dealing with so why would he want to have a child with her? If he does make that decision then he becomes part of the problem and MUST pay child support or go to court and get custody and take care of it for 18 years. All parties involved must share the blame equally!!
And

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#130
Nov 7, 2013
 
Child support is not enough to keep them from qualifying for food stamps.
Songster

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#131
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

And wrote:
Child support is not enough to keep them from qualifying for food stamps.
I would not know since I was never on food stamps but 12xchild support must be a pretty big chunk of change. I have always said that if a women has one child on taxpaper money(hospital bill pd.) then maybe I understand but when they come back and expect free delivery for a 2nd then thats when they sign for "tubes tied" or give it up for adoption or taxpayers are not paying again! Learn from YOUR mistakes.
And

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#132
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Songster wrote:
<quoted text>I would not know since I was never on food stamps but 12xchild support must be a pretty big chunk of change. I have always said that if a women has one child on taxpaper money(hospital bill pd.) then maybe I understand but when they come back and expect free delivery for a 2nd then thats when they sign for "tubes tied" or give it up for adoption or taxpayers are not paying again! Learn from YOUR mistakes.
I agree. There should be a limit of 2 children ,if that. If you work you don't get a raise every time you have another one. They shouldn't either.
Jus Iil ole me

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#133
Nov 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Mandatory abortion would be better. Genetics are a pretty good indicator of what these "gifts from God" would contribute to society. Nothing more than addition drain and strain on the system. Suck them out.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#135
Nov 8, 2013
 
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you embrace China's policies so much why don't you move there.
Yep, and let then take real deep breaths over there. They'll love just love that fresh, clean air. The sign of progress.

Since: Oct 13

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#136
Nov 8, 2013
 
Jus Iil ole me wrote:
Mandatory abortion would be better. Genetics are a pretty good indicator of what these "gifts from God" would contribute to society. Nothing more than addition drain and strain on the system. Suck them out.
you sound kinda like Hitler..what next,load em up in train cars and take em to death camps?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of163
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 1 hr suri clay 7,823
MSU Gets Anonymous $1 Million Gift For Gay Center 2 hr Holy Silicon Wafer 12
FREE hot dogs on National Hot Dog Day 2 hr Who picks these stories 1
Rochester officially a 'Let's Move' city 3 hr Darlene 11
China seals McDonald's, KFC supplies after scandal 3 hr RayH 1
McDonald's, KFC operations in China affected by... 10 hr MatrixDecoder 3
Gordon Ramsay stars in - MasterChef,' - Hotel H... 14 hr Bloodonhishands 1
•••
•••