New bar 'Blondies' set to take root i...

New bar 'Blondies' set to take root in Vacaville

There are 35 comments on the The Reporter story from Aug 7, 2012, titled New bar 'Blondies' set to take root in Vacaville. In it, The Reporter reports that:

The old Creekside Bar & Grill in downtown Vacaville was bustling with activity last week -- evidence that a new business is coming to town.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
White caulk

Elk Grove, CA

#23 Apr 14, 2013
Thanks for a solution, the solution...I'll check it out
Charlie

Brisbane, CA

#24 Apr 14, 2013
Michelle O wrote:
Good god, city council...can you not attract something besides sports bars and fast food places? Take a look at the small town of winters. Three great places to eat and no sports bars or fast food. Take a hint and try to find something different. Try Dave's famous BBQ, which is awesome and we have no decent BBQ places here.
F changs, cheesecake factory, get ficellee from winters to come here. Imagination please!
There used to be a couple of good BBQ restaurants in Vacaville. Unfortunately, not enough business demand to keep them open. Hell, Elephant Bar & Grill quit even before the foundations were set.

A small city on a major Interstate freeway such as vacaville is good only for quick & dirty fast food joints.

I predict that at least 3 restaurants in the Historic Downtown section will be closing in the coming year due to lack of demand. The "good news" is that a new Dairy Queen is going up near Davis St.

Nope, if you want restaurants greater then 2 star, you need to drive to Sacramento, San Francisco Bay Area or the Napa Valley. Vacaville will NEVER provide enough demand for an upscale eatery.
Knowsalot

Vacaville, CA

#25 Apr 14, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
...how many prior business failures, etc...
I agree, The Reporter should have interviewed you.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#26 Apr 14, 2013
"There used to be a couple of good BBQ restaurants in Vacaville..."

Unfortunately they were not good BBQ,that's why the community did not support them.

Good BBQ is very subjective to perference, if you can't find a market for it in any town it shows that product is poor what ever the style.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#27 Apr 14, 2013
A Thought wrote:

Unfortunately they were not good BBQ,that's why the community did not support them.

Good BBQ is very subjective to perference, if you can't find a market for it in any town it shows that product is poor what ever the style.
I don't think that statement is true for everything. A 5 star eatery would not do well in Vacaville because of the median income

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#28 Apr 14, 2013
Oops I miss read your last post. My apologies
White caulk

Elk Grove, CA

#29 Apr 14, 2013
Well solution ...I hit Cheers instead of the place u recommended...just what I had in mind...only a few peeps...the bartender was a sweetheart and the bathroom smelled like freshly picked daisys...good times...good times...I really appreciated the suggestion even though it wasn't the solution...adios.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#30 Apr 15, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
Oops I miss read your last post. My apologies
No harm, no foul.
Charlie

Walnut Creek, CA

#31 Apr 15, 2013
A Thought wrote:
Of course, GOOD BBQ is just plain hamburgers and hot dogs grilled outside over gas flames. Charcoal or hickory chips only serves to pollute our already filthy air.

If you have ever experienced or knew someone who has had colon cancer, you two would forgo BBQ for good.
White caulk

Elk Grove, CA

#32 Apr 15, 2013
Wow...from Blondies to colon cancer...I guess we have covered the spectrum here...next somebody will bring up gun control...everybody needs to chill...looks likes I need to go back to Cheers for a cocktail
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#33 Apr 15, 2013
Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, GOOD BBQ is just plain hamburgers and hot dogs grilled outside over gas flames. Charcoal or hickory chips only serves to pollute our already filthy air.
If you have ever experienced or knew someone who has had colon cancer, you two would forgo BBQ for good.
You Simpleton. Grilling is not BBQing... Gheeze.

Gun Control??? A good two handed Grip!
Charlie

Walnut Creek, CA

#34 Apr 15, 2013
A Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
You one F***ed up individual boy!
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#35 Apr 16, 2013
Oh Charles, Charles, Charles

Maybe someday you'll mature and be able to keep up with the big boys.

My best to you......

Since: Aug 10

South San Francisco, CA

#36 Apr 17, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that statement is true for everything. A 5 star eatery would not do well in Vacaville because of the median income
Sad but true. I'd even go as far as to say the the demographic does not exist in this town to support a 3 star restaurant.

Since: Aug 10

South San Francisco, CA

#37 Apr 17, 2013
A Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun control---- hitting your intended target.

While we're at it,

Alcohol abuse----- spilling your beer while you are shooting your intended target.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) 2 hr MorePhartzz 204
News Chocolate lovers are only just realising why Ki... 15 hr Spotted Girl 1
News W.Va woman bakes, cooks her way through the rec... 15 hr Drive by 1
News Teen Accused Of Nude Drive-Thru Ordering (Dec '06) 17 hr Al Bion 73
News Hitachino Wagyu & Beer Arrives With Japan's Bes... 18 hr LCT 1
News The Winners of 2017 Rodeo Houston's Uncorked! B... 19 hr WinnersPhartss 1
News A sample menu for Georgia prison inmates on Fri... (Jun '09) Sun silly rabbit 49
More from around the web