Huddle House now open

Jun 20, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lincoln Journal

Lincoln County's newest eatery opened for business in recent days, offering a wide array of menu options from early morning until late evening.

Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Aug 6, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondernative

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Do they accept the ebt card? If they don't then it won't make in lc
Yummy

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Hi
west hamlin

West Hamlin, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

very nice in side
nice place

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

west hamlin wrote:
very nice in side
great people working here. no crack heads like fast food!
Anonymous

Branchland, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

My family just ate here today. As most, we were excited to check it out. The look was very nice. The staff needs some better training. The service was slow. Our food was just ok but all of our fries were cold and old. It was less than impressive. A few suggestions I have are :
1. They need signs at the doors when you walk in that say -please seat yourself -as many people walked in and weren't immediately greeted and don't know to seat themselves as this is a sit down restaurant.
2. The managers and owner need to be walking the floor greeting guests and seeing how things are going. This is the kind of thing that shows your customer that they are important and you care about them and how the business is perceived. Take some notes from chick-fil-a!
3. Train the staff to tend to the customer a little more and NOT stand and wait on receipts. Our waitress literally stood at our table while we filled out our tip, etc! This is not cool or acceptable. I realize they may have been told to do this but I sure hope not.

Lastly, I'm VERY happy to see this business come into town and hope they do well. I just hope they make some critical changes to ensure its success.
west hamlin

West Hamlin, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

great place
meat loaf

West Hamlin, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
My family just ate here today. As most, we were excited to check it out. The look was very nice. The staff needs some better training. The service was slow. Our food was just ok but all of our fries were cold and old. It was less than impressive. A few suggestions I have are :
1. They need signs at the doors when you walk in that say -please seat yourself -as many people walked in and weren't immediately greeted and don't know to seat themselves as this is a sit down restaurant.
2. The managers and owner need to be walking the floor greeting guests and seeing how things are going. This is the kind of thing that shows your customer that they are important and you care about them and how the business is perceived. Take some notes from chick-fil-a!
3. Train the staff to tend to the customer a little more and NOT stand and wait on receipts. Our waitress literally stood at our table while we filled out our tip, etc! This is not cool or acceptable. I realize they may have been told to do this but I sure hope not.
Lastly, I'm VERY happy to see this business come into town and hope they do well. I just hope they make some critical changes to ensure its success.
Why dont they wipe your a-- 4 you 2.
stella

Hamlin, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

the food is good
customer

Hamlin, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Wasn't at all that great. Went once and that was enough for me. It's never gonna make it here. The prices and the food were less than desirable.
Anonymous

West Hamlin, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

I am an employee at this establishment. And i must say i really hate working there. The servers only get payed $2.13 an hour plus tips. And they didnt give us enough training time.
Lincoln Co ManiA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Some cute girls working there.
Pizza face

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

It was da bomb! Someone shi7 a big turd and left it in the toilet for the next person to see! It was big and had corn in it!
Travis

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

I drive a delivery route in Lincoln County and I stopped in to try the food last week since im sick of Tudors. My burger was ok and the fries had no taste and were old. Dont really know if this place will make it or not. It is true what others are saying about no signs being up and the staff needing to be trained better.
love it

Hamlin, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

i loved there food
ellisha

West Hamlin, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

me and my boyfriend and my boys are going there to eat today
Resident

Nitro, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Huddle House food is okay., but its not even close to other nicer restaurants. In Chapmanville the Huddle House is located beside of a big motel and this is probably why it is still open. Enjoy it while you can, because it may not be there next year. Some of the food they prepare has a very funny taste or no taste at all.
FYI

Branchland, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Have eaten there twice and was not pleased either time. The food is the same as everywhere else. And most recently have heard that a well known meth head is a cook there, so I will not be eating there again. I agree with the other posts, it will not be open long.
positive message

Branchland, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

I have ate there several times and have always enjoyed my meal and service. Sounds to me you people are afraid of change. They are new and they deserve a chance to improve and grow. Get over your jealousy and leave them alone
huddle house worker

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

yes, this is a new store with new employees. everyone is still learning and training for the first few months of opening. it takes time to learn all of tricks and to get in the swing of things. i have been an Huddle House employee for years and they have GREAT food. i eat there all the time, on and off the clock. the food is cook-to-order, so i know the fries was not "old". seems like to me no one is giving the place a chance.
Objective

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

huddle house worker wrote:
yes, this is a new store with new employees. everyone is still learning and training for the first few months of opening. it takes time to learn all of tricks and to get in the swing of things. i have been an Huddle House employee for years and they have GREAT food. i eat there all the time, on and off the clock. the food is cook-to-order, so i know the fries was not "old". seems like to me no one is giving the place a chance.
Cook to order has different meanings over time. Twenty years ago that likely meant taking raw ingredients and preparing a dish. Today that means taking a prepackaged frozen prepared "thing" and heating it to complete a dish. That is the same concept used in the school lunch program and it has the same unsatisfactory results at Huddle House as it does in the school cafeteria. That is pretty much the standard today even in pubs higher up the food chain than Huddle House.

The most probable exception to the above is breakfast which is harder to mess up. Although, some can manage to do that.

About the only valid exception to that rule that I have found locally is Belachino's in the shopping center at exit 18 in Barboursville (across from Home Depot). They have an Italian centric menu of grinders(subs), spaghetti, and pizza but the cooking process is far better than at most places. They make their own bread from scratch and not from frozen dough. This is not an endorsement of Bellachio's rather to draw a comparison and illustrate my point. BTW their food is quite good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 16 min ann 7,897
MSU Gets Anonymous $1 Million Gift For Gay Center 4 hr lgbt is silly 37
Lukin's Brick Oven Pizza & Lounge to Open on Va... (Oct '12) 5 hr Angie 30
Pasta salad with chickpeas (recipe) 10 hr Firefoxx 1
Fast food ambitions in China hurt by safety scares 11 hr New China 1
Former Farm Manager wants criminal probe 11 hr marlee 2
Latest fried-chicken spot touts private recipe,... Wed Big Johnson 1
•••
•••