Kiki's machaca plate to be featured on Food Network's 'The Best Thi...

Full story: El Paso Times

Kiki s owner Paula Yardeni. The menu at Kiki's Mexican Restaurant describes it's famous machaca plate this way - "If they don't serve this in Heaven, you can be sure the angels are coming down here for take-out." Soon the rest of America will discover what El Pasoans have known for decades, it's tough to beat a machaca plate from Kiki's. The Food ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of100
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Semper High

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

I hear it's also gonna' be featured on the sister show "Most Painful Thing I Ever Flushed."
yougogirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

Kiki's LOVE IT
Jitters

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

Well, has anyone mentioned the cockroaches...Allegedly
MattMan

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Wow, I thought Lucy's had the best machaca. I didn't even know about Kiki's machaca. Gonna have to try it this weekend. Yum.
Lone Ranger

Chaparral, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

The Machaca plate served in El Paso is cooked with shredded beef which is good but, doesn’t compare with the kind you get down by Monterey, Mexico it consist of jerked mule or horse meat and is simply divine and well worth it to seek out.

However, I will be by Kiki's and give it a try.
Afghan Vet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Good Job Kiki's
Captain Obvious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

After living in New York, anything would be the best thing you ever ate. Kiki's is okay, nothing to write home about. There's a lot better plates in El Paso than the manchaca at Kiki's
Afghan Vet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

MattMan wrote:
Wow, I thought Lucy's had the best machaca. I didn't even know about Kiki's machaca. Gonna have to try it this weekend. Yum.
I am here with you.
James

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Where is this this restaurant?? Am new in town...
A Mom

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

Wow, this guy must not have tried machaca at many restuarants. Kiki's sucks. I've been a few times at my friends' persistence. I have tried several plates including their machaca and famous krab enchiladas. To both I say YUK!!
EP FD

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

...beware, I've been in that kitchen during peak time, they had food laying on trays on the floor....I wasn't the Health inspector, so...well at least it was on metal trays...lol
Mins

Casa Grande, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

James wrote:
Where is this this restaurant?? Am new in town...
2719 Piedras

The Times didn't put the address in the article, way to go......
Mins

Casa Grande, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

migliore di sempre

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

A Mom wrote:
Wow, this guy must not have tried machaca at many restuarants. Kiki's sucks. I've been a few times at my friends' persistence. I have tried several plates including their machaca and famous krab enchiladas. To both I say YUK!!
I agree I have never had the machaca at kikis but I am not a big fan. I went there once because the crab enchiladas were so highly recommended to me and all I have to say is "YUCKKKK". I will never go back there again I'd rather go to the Lunchbox!
Give you the Bird

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Mins wrote:
<quoted text>
2719 Piedras
The Times didn't put the address in the article, way to go......
Reading skills diminished or you just plain dumb? It's right there in the article, way to go .....

Aarón Sanchez was here visiting and he came into Kiki's and had the machaca and I guess he really liked it," said Paula Yardeni, the owner of Kiki's at 2719 Piedras. "He said,'It's the best thing I ever ate,' he really did say that."
Green Sauce

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

I don't know about the machaca at Kiki's, the "Best" machaca used to be at Lucy's Travel Lodge.
Kiki's Does have The Best Green Chicken Enchiladas and Steak Topicana!
ZaraGoza La Calle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

HUH!!! What is this I hear about crab enchilidas!! For reals seafood ought to stay with seafood recipes not on enchilidas!!! Sick!!

“Graphic Arts Illustrator”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso, Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

Semper High wrote:
I hear it's also gonna' be featured on the sister show "Most Painful Thing I Ever Flushed."
Some people can be the most obscenely obnoxious!
love that sauce

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

Who is Machaca? Isn't machaca that lovable little caveboy creature from Land of the Lost?
Non-Mexican

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Glad to hear that Hell Paso Taxes, is getting some publicity on its Mexican Food. Heck We next door to Mexico. Yes MANY LOCAl restaurants have very good and delicious Mexican food.
Just need to watch the Kitchen Cops to see which establishment meet's a cleaneness standard.
The best food can be found in the local hole in the wall restaurants, look at the California Cafe on E. San Antonino. good food, but.....

Want a great place to eat good food, ask any local where they go to eat.

Just remember that a only a true native can cook native food. Mexican's cooking Italian food ???? Hmmm, American's cooking" Mexican Style" Food.
How can you have a Pollock cook Chinese food.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of100
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••