Farmers worry about fate of immigration bills

Jul 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KNUS-AM Aurora

Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Hmmmm, so just where are all these Americans who are supposedly dying to do this work?

So even with a 10-20% unemployment rate in Michigan, fat lazy Americans aren't willing to take the jobs available.

So much for illegals taking all those jobs Americans are so eager to do....
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

So where are all the millions of ILLEGALS that already entered the United States??

Why aren't they out in the fields working?

Guess they have taken the jobs that Americans used to have (?)
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Funny how here is a "shortage" of workers yet few openings are actually posted and such low wages are being offered that it is no surprise that people are not willing to travel to remote areas with no housing to stay in once they arrive. I guess one could spend $4.00 a gallon for gas to travel hundreds of miles a day to work for less than federal poverty level wages.

http://www.michaglabor.org/harvest_reports/ha...
Dignity

Aledo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

WeTheSheeple wrote:
Hmmmm, so just where are all these Americans who are supposedly dying to do this work?
So even with a 10-20% unemployment rate in Michigan, fat lazy Americans aren't willing to take the jobs available.
So much for illegals taking all those jobs Americans are so eager to do....
The reason Americans are not doing those jobs is because of our liberal dispensation of government payments for people not to work instead of making people work for being on the public dole like FDR did during the great depression. He realized that not only does the government have an obligation to help people, but people need to have work that gives dignity to their lives. The problem is that the modern welfare system has made WORK a dirty 4 letter word. If we tie welfare to work we could repair our infrastructure as FDR did and bring dignity back into welfare recipients lives. It would greatly diminish the need for illegal immigrant workers.
amcummer

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Not all illegals are beneficial to farmers and to USA. You need a swift surgical deportations.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Eleanor wrote:
So where are all the millions of ILLEGALS that already entered the United States??
Why aren't they out in the fields working?
Guess they have taken the jobs that Americans used to have (?)
They ARE in the fields working, and in construction jobs, and working restaurants, and doing yard work, and cleaning houses, etc, etc, etc.

They're doing all the jobs the fat lazy Americans refuse to do; it's just that there are MORE jobs than there are illegals available. Since we all know the unemployed fat lazy Americans won't do these jobs, obviously we need MORE illegals, not less.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dee Dee Dee wrote:
Funny how here is a "shortage" of workers yet few openings are actually posted and such low wages are being offered that it is no surprise that people are not willing to travel to remote areas with no housing to stay in once they arrive. I guess one could spend $4.00 a gallon for gas to travel hundreds of miles a day to work for less than federal poverty level wages.
http://www.michaglabor.org/harvest_reports/ha...
Then don't bitch when people have no choice but to hire illegals to do the job fat lazy Americans refuse to do.

You want cheap food in the supermarkets, then you need cheap labor to pick & process that cheap food.

Otherwise get ready to pay 10 times the current cost of food; or you force American farmers out of business and all our food is imported instead.

Either way the fat lazy Americans will bitch.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dignity wrote:
<quoted text>The reason Americans are not doing those jobs is because of our liberal dispensation of government payments for people not to work instead of making people work for being on the public dole like FDR did during the great depression. He realized that not only does the government have an obligation to help people, but people need to have work that gives dignity to their lives. The problem is that the modern welfare system has made WORK a dirty 4 letter word. If we tie welfare to work we could repair our infrastructure as FDR did and bring dignity back into welfare recipients lives. It would greatly diminish the need for illegal immigrant workers.
On that we agree.

Why work 8 hours a day, when you can sit on your ass drinking beer and watching tv and collect the same amount of pay.

I fully support ending ALL welfare- including unemployment welfare after 30 days.

Get off your ass and go get a job.
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
They ARE in the fields working, and in construction jobs, and working restaurants, and doing yard work, and cleaning houses, etc, etc, etc.
They're doing all the jobs the fat lazy Americans refuse to do; it's just that there are MORE jobs than there are illegals available. Since we all know the unemployed fat lazy Americans won't do these jobs, obviously we need MORE illegals, not less.
Maybe those 'unemployed fat lazy Americans' need to have that cushy rug pulled out from under them.

I heard, not long ago, that everyone in Great Britain who is on disability must 're-prove' that they are entitled to the benefit.

While there are, no doubt, people in need of a safety net, there are many who are abusing the system (disability/welfare/food stamps, etc.) for their own benefit, rather putting out the effort to be productive members of society.

Additionally, if America is in great need of workers, the ceiling for incoming LEGAL immigrants should be increased. There is NEVER a valid reason to encourage ILLEGAL activities, including illegal immigration.

(IMHO)

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe those 'unemployed fat lazy Americans' need to have that cushy rug pulled out from under them.
I heard, not long ago, that everyone in Great Britain who is on disability must 're-prove' that they are entitled to the benefit.
While there are, no doubt, people in need of a safety net, there are many who are abusing the system (disability/welfare/food stamps, etc.) for their own benefit, rather putting out the effort to be productive members of society.
Additionally, if America is in great need of workers, the ceiling for incoming LEGAL immigrants should be increased. There is NEVER a valid reason to encourage ILLEGAL activities, including illegal immigration.
(IMHO)
You're mostly correct, which is why I support ending all welfare- including unemployment compensation- after 30 days.

AFTER we do that, THEN we can discuss raising the limits on legal immigrants.

Btw, I'm also totally in favor of stationing Marines on every foot of the border 24/7 with shoot-to-kill orders.
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
They ARE in the fields working, and in construction jobs, and working restaurants, and doing yard work, and cleaning houses, etc, etc, etc.
They're doing all the jobs the fat lazy Americans refuse to do; it's just that there are MORE jobs than there are illegals available. Since we all know the unemployed fat lazy Americans won't do these jobs, obviously we need MORE illegals, not less.
so you can not do these jobs in your country,oh please go away,clean your country up not ours,no one ever died from not having a mexican pick their strawberries,what do you think we did all these years before you came along.are you saying mexicans arent fat and lazy I think their both.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't bitch when people have no choice but to hire illegals to do the job fat lazy Americans refuse to do.
You want cheap food in the supermarkets, then you need cheap labor to pick & process that cheap food.
Otherwise get ready to pay 10 times the current cost of food; or you force American farmers out of business and all our food is imported instead.
Either way the fat lazy Americans will bitch.
Since farm labor represents less than 3% of the cost then how do you figure prices will rise by 10 times? Now increasing energy prices by reducing coal fired power plants would have an huge effect on farm prices. I guess paying energy companies more is o.k. but not poor farm workers.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Since farm labor represents less than 3% of the cost then how do you figure prices will rise by 10 times? Now increasing energy prices by reducing coal fired power plants would have an huge effect on farm prices. I guess paying energy companies more is o.k. but not poor farm workers.
Because big agribusiness will use the increase in labor costs as an excuse to jack up the prices at the supermarket. There is about a nickel's worth of wheat in a loaf of bread, but every time something happens to cause the price of wheat to go up by a penny, they raise the price of a loaf of bread by a dollar. Same thing for meats, milk, cheese, etc, etc, etc.

Just like the oil & gas companies use any & every excuse to jack up prices at the pump, whether it's justified or not.

Are you really that na´ve?
ronnie

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Millions of former picker's work construction job's, and work the high paying job's Americans used to have. That was always by design. Picker's are a small group now and they learn a little English, leave the farms, anchor, blend into the crowd of millions of other illegals accepting job's from there friends and there friends etc. The biggest lie the Country is facing is naive Americans believing the Government wanted to control illegal immigration. This has ruined the lives of middle American, and they are laughing there arses off on there way to the bank.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ronnie wrote:
Millions of former picker's work construction job's, and work the high paying job's Americans used to have. That was always by design. Picker's are a small group now and they learn a little English, leave the farms, anchor, blend into the crowd of millions of other illegals accepting job's from there friends and there friends etc. The biggest lie the Country is facing is naive Americans believing the Government wanted to control illegal immigration. This has ruined the lives of middle American, and they are laughing there arses off on there way to the bank.
If fat lazy Americans can't compete with an uneducated illegal with minimal English skills, then we've got a MUCH bigger problem than illegal immigration.

Bottom line, if you're not worth $10 or $15 or $20 an hour to a potential employer, then you've got problems.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eighthman wrote:
Obama just wants to slow whitey down. Like he said "For every black man to get a job, unfortunately, a white man has to lose his".
In other words he doesn't care if a black man gets a job, he's happy just for a White man to lose his job to a Mexican. All that matters is that a white man loses his job.
Obama Bin Lyin is slowin the White man down.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAA
Yeah, I'm sure that's what he said......

Only a moron like you believes everything he hears on Fux Noise.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

WeTheSheeple wrote:
Hmmmm, so just where are all these Americans who are supposedly dying to do this work?
So even with a 10-20% unemployment rate in Michigan, fat lazy Americans aren't willing to take the jobs available.
So much for illegals taking all those jobs Americans are so eager to do....
Just goto the welfare office... nothing but whites.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Since farm labor represents less than 3% of the cost then how do you figure prices will rise by 10 times? Now increasing energy prices by reducing coal fired power plants would have an huge effect on farm prices. I guess paying energy companies more is o.k. but not poor farm workers.
Why won't white people on welfare become farm laborers?
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 9, 2013
 
Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text> so you can not do these jobs in your country,oh please go away,clean your country up not ours,no one ever died from not having a mexican pick their strawberries,what do you think we did all these years before you came along.are you saying mexicans arent fat and lazy I think their both.
Fat and lazy comes in ALL colors: black, brown, white & yellow

And likewise, there are some very successful, hard-working black, brown, white & yellow persons.

If there is a lack of workers to pick fruit, it's probably time to re-instate the 'chain-gang' and make prisoners start earning their keep.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jul 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Just goto the welfare office... nothing but whites.
White, black, Hispanic, Asian, etc- who cares. They all keep claiming there aren't any jobs, and yet we have thousands of employers desperately seeking employees.

Quit yer whining and go get a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Neighborhood news: Spring Creek Village 11 min Red 1
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 2 hr Clay lover 7,196
Trattoria 'A Vucchella opens in Bridgeport 2 hr America Gentleman Samuel 2
Fine, Whataburger, We'll Eat the Jalapeno Chedd... 15 hr Elise Gingerich 1
Who has the best pizza in Clifton? (Mar '09) 16 hr Matt Cohen 98
Southern Tier Eats: At The Night Kitchen, busin... 18 hr Meryl luster 1
Chick-fil-A wings in new direction after gay flap Fri Curteese 258
•••
•••
•••
•••