New York KFC, McDonald's workers to strike

Apr 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KMIZ

Naquasia LeGrand, who gets paid $7.70 an hour at a KFC in Brooklyn, N.Y., recently got her full-time hours cut by more than a third.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Apr 6, 2013
Elmer Fudd

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

That's Naquasy.
shameless-li

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

quote:

"The group is asking employers to pay workers a minimum of $15 an hour, and for the right to organize without retaliation and intimidation. Currently, the median pay for the nearly 50,000 fast food workers in New York City is $9 an hour, or $18,500 a year, according to the New York Labor Department."

LOL, what about people with "real" jobs....
will their salaries also go up 6/7 dollars an hour....get real
Just Saying

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

$15 an hour to work an unskilled entry level job at a fast food restaurant? If that ever happens, get ready to pay $10 for a Big Mac!
Solution

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Just Saying wrote:
$15 an hour to work an unskilled entry level job at a fast food restaurant? If that ever happens, get ready to pay $10 for a Big Mac!
Yup, wages are passed through to customers as higher product/service cost.
shameless-li

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

ThomasA wrote:
This is what the "entitlement" mentality has led to. People expect to be able to drop out of school,do drugs,and waste their time,and then be entitled to wages equal to people who have applied themselves. Higher wages should demand higher standards. When employers are forced to pay $15.00 an hour, then a minimum of a two year degree should be required,not just a high school diploma that has about much meaning as a "t"ball participation certificate. We are churning out kids with diplomas under the "no child left behind program" that can't read,write,or speak plain English. Fire 'em all and start over!
well said...

Since: Jul 10

Long Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

You have to wonder who is behind all this...who stands to collect the dues here...I bet there's more to this than meets the eye. Not that the entitlement explanation is wrong, I just wonder where these people who haven't figured out how to get a better job than this managed to organize anything, these are people who can't organize a sock drawer.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Richard Trumpka is using these mental midgets for the AFL-CIO agenda.Screw him and the rest of the union scumbags.
mid western man

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Good luck to ya. The country has alot of out of work people already. FYI there's a whole new crop of high school kids ready to take your jobs.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>The smart ones go off to college. The rest have trouble getting out of bed in the morning, expect a check without working,can't speak an entire sentence,can't count,can't spell,and wouldn't walk around the corner to see the world blow up. All products of our dumbed down education system.
I cannot place all the blame on the education system. Children are more a product of their parent(s)than they are the schools they attend. Parents nowadays love blaming schools for their childrens failures but it's the parents who have their faces buried in cellphones,laptops,facebook etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Will to succeed: Willie Degel (Mar '12) 40 min longliverockland 21
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 46 min crazy 4 stuff 8,028
Cain endorses Gingrich (Jan '12) 4 hr swedenforever 142
Todd Starnes Atheist group fired up over pizza ... 5 hr SuperColossal.com 1
State Street's real McCoy 6 hr Frogger 3
Poland asks US to buy apples banned by Russia 6 hr OnlyPatchWork 22
Texas' Perry smiles for mug shot, gets ice cream 9 hr GOLDSTONE REPORT 1

Search the Food Forum:
•••