Bikes, Blues, and BBQ Festival hits D...

Bikes, Blues, and BBQ Festival hits Douglas this weekend

There are 11 comments on the WALB-TV Albany story from Mar 25, 2014, titled Bikes, Blues, and BBQ Festival hits Douglas this weekend. In it, WALB-TV Albany reports that:

The family event will have blues music, a barbeque competition, a pony ride and petting zoo, along with other attractions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WALB-TV Albany.

Perry, GA

#1 Mar 27, 2014
And lots of rain

Perry, GA

#2 Mar 27, 2014
Take it to the fair ground, no body wants to stomp around in the mud at the airport.

Rochelle, GA

#3 Mar 27, 2014
They are selling alcohol. It's not a family event.
calm down

Perry, GA

#4 Mar 27, 2014
Are the selling alcohol?
If so, that is the smartest thing ever.
Families can still attend. Nthing wrong with a beer or two on a nice Spring day.

Douglas, GA

#5 Mar 29, 2014
Drove over here, reserved a room, ready to party and listen to the bands and there is no festival. The weather is beautiful and I have tried to find some other entertainment since we are here until tomorrow and Douglas has NOTHING going on this weekend! If anyone has any suggestions please let us know

Moultrie, GA

#6 Mar 29, 2014
Check out our local state park, Coffee General.

Check ut the No Name Bar in Willacoochee down he road.

Or here in town Rockn Sports Bar.

Warner Robins, GA

#7 Mar 29, 2014
Was the festival cancelled?

Moultrie, GA

#8 Mar 29, 2014
InfoMan wrote:
They are selling alcohol. It's not a family event.
Oh watch it we can thave that opinion those dang drunks don't agree with us.

Perry, GA

#9 Mar 30, 2014
Who the hell wanted Blues, theres not a Blue's radio station around here for 200 miles, think back, what has and will always draw the biggest crowd, country and southern rock, and get away from Don Brooks hobby house (the airport).
Mr P

Rochelle, GA

#10 Mar 30, 2014
Apparently the city marketing department is fond of alliteration. Just be glad they didn't go with bluegrass, banjos, bongos or bagpipes.
Seriously, though... it is a shame that such a hyped-up event was cancelled due to weather on such a gorgeous day. Especially when the event was billed as "rain or shine". Maybe it was cancelled because we had both rain AND shine. Go figure...
Tax payer

Moultrie, GA

#11 Mar 30, 2014
Why don't the city just spend money to completely build an event center at old Fair grounds. The damn place is a eyesore and a huge liability. Build buildings, arena,concessions, Rv pads and electrical outlets. People will come if you build it. I am not talking about Nicholls that is theirs to do what they want.Please do not tell me we will execute plans to build a sports complex at old fair grounds. We know Douglas will not and I repeat will not bother to do either because they are really afraid to back up what they say and fell. I say if we can build a SPEC buildings , new Jail, city and county law enforcement an a 4 year college. Then we must look for better Leadership that can make it Happen. If you remember we had a BBQ festival and a bike rally and the damn city would not support It financially until it was their idea. We have local people that can and will help the city pull off a Great event year after year. Redo the fair grounds now, we can have concerts of many types of music. Enough sad!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Whats on: Events between Sept. 27 and Oct. 6 (Sep '13) 2 hr Vote eh 2
News Global vanilla prices squeeze margins for ice c... 3 hr Food 1
News Empty Bowls luncheon draws large crowd 5 hr How Big Is Big 2
News Why is Miguels Jr. The Most Popular Mexican Res... (Feb '10) Mon TastyMexicanFood 34
News Fastnachts: Where to buy them in the Lehigh Valley Mar 19 Reggie Pinetti 12
News These Farmworkers Know How to End Sexual Harass... Mar 18 ny cesspool 1
News Why do egg rolls in Chicago taste like peanut b... Mar 17 Boeboe The Patch 2