Grilling Safety Tips from Charlottesville Fire Department

The Charlottesville Fire Department would like to remind you that the summer cookout season is approaching. Full Story
RandomThoughts

Waynesboro, VA

#1 May 24, 2013
I like when you go to a cookout and the vinyl on the house is warped where people set the grill to close to the siding :)
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#2 May 24, 2013
Is there ANYTHING we do that the fire dept doesn't try to scare us about? Jeeeeez
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#3 May 24, 2013
1. Do not use gasoline to light your charcoal
2. On a propane grill, do not turn gas on with
cover closed, and then press igniter switch.
3. Do not baste ribs with alcohol
Old Hare

Mineral, VA

#4 May 24, 2013
Gnu wrote:
1. Do not use gasoline to light your charcoal
2. On a propane grill, do not turn gas on with
cover closed, and then press igniter switch.
3. Do not baste ribs with alcohol
Also excellent advice, surprised the first two tips were not on the list. The tell tale sign someone has done this is usually singed eyebrows and arm hair. Question though, what kind of beer do you baste with FCS!? I've never seen a domestic beer turn into a Molotov when used for basting or otherwise... lol
Randal Livingston III

Harrisonburg, VA

#5 May 24, 2013
Stfu government interfering in our lives
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#6 May 25, 2013
Old Hare wrote:
<quoted text>
Also excellent advice, surprised the first two tips were not on the list. The tell tale sign someone has done this is usually singed eyebrows and arm hair. Question though, what kind of beer do you baste with FCS!? I've never seen a domestic beer turn into a Molotov when used for basting or otherwise... lol
I was referring to alcohol at the 50% level; you know, Jack Daniels flavored ribs lol
really

Charlottesville, VA

#7 May 25, 2013
sez you wrote:
Is there ANYTHING we do that the fire dept doesn't try to scare us about? Jeeeeez
Hey idiot they dont try and scare us, they just shed light on things that might be dangerous and that you may not think about. Be sure to shake there hand when your house burns down
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#8 May 25, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>Hey idiot they dont try and scare us, they just shed light on things that might be dangerous and that you may not think about. Be sure to shake there hand when your house burns down
What I think about are the millions that are spent to buy fancy new fire trucks that get used little. The cost benefit is way over the top considering need. The egos that prevail that cost this city millions is atrocious. Boys and their toys. When a fire truck shows up before the rescue squad at a scene that needs only a rescue squad, thats an obvious hint that the city has its priorities all wrong.
Aint dat sweet

Augusta, GA

#9 May 26, 2013
sez you wrote:
<quoted text>What I think about are the millions that are spent to buy fancy new fire trucks that get used little. The cost benefit is way over the top considering need. The egos that prevail that cost this city millions is atrocious. Boys and their toys. When a fire truck shows up before the rescue squad at a scene that needs only a rescue squad, thats an obvious hint that the city has its priorities all wrong.
Are you an idiot, ask anyone and they will tell you the fire dept. is much better trained and equipped.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#10 May 27, 2013
Aint dat sweet wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an idiot, ask anyone and they will tell you the fire dept. is much better trained and equipped.
For what? stubbed toes? 90% of the calls they go out on they are NOT needed. The rescue squad takes care of the problem. I don't wnat a fireman attending to my medical needs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Daddy's now open in Live Oak (Nov '08) 1 hr fuilcrew 174
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 3 hr MavuSeller 8,792
The effects of the BP oil spill on Las Vegas (Jun '10) 6 hr Viewer 7
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) Fri Reddog 6
For Australian Christmas, Everything's Overturn... Fri Deano 10
Obama personal chef to hang up apron after 6 years Fri Deo Vindice 7
What's for dinner? Australia Thu J RULES 9
More from around the web