Catfish Charlie going strong after 27...

Catfish Charlie going strong after 27 years

There are 42 comments on the The South Mississippi Sun Herald story from Dec 24, 2007, titled Catfish Charlie going strong after 27 years. In it, The South Mississippi Sun Herald reports that:

“We're already teaching the grandchildren to sweep the floor”

[email protected]

Catfish Charlie offers a genuine taste of Mississippi with all-you-care-to-eat fried catfish, Gulf shrimp or chicken. Baked sweet potatoes, country fried dill pickles, turnip greens, homemade desserts and friendly service complete the Mississippi picture.

Outside is a requisite catfish pond, though you won't eat the fish from it, and inside there's rustic wood tables, floors and ceilings and loads of vintage curios.

'Wanted: Catfish Charlie. Notorious for serving the world's best catfish,' declare signs and promotions for the 169-seat restaurant that used to be in the country but now sits amid bustling northward expansion. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The South Mississippi Sun Herald.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lauren

Ashburn, VA

#44 Nov 16, 2013
Nonya wrote:
Charlie isnt married and is single, no kids...
He is an amazing person and a great friend of mine . I think charlie is a fantastic person and im thankful hes my friend ...
Thanks for the laugh. Grown ups ? Games , lol typical except no one cares at all
Michelle

Springfield, LA

#45 Apr 2, 2014
Ok yall, he isn't married, nor does he have any kids. I think hes single, an amazing friend. FYI HES NO MARRIED AND NO KIDS ,
Still the same sweet guy I met 8 years ago and we are still friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Best places for breakfast in Buffalo: 5 WNY pla... (Dec '15) 8 hr Cooper 3
News Top Three Restaurants in Florissant, Missouri (Apr '10) 22 hr Just precious 62
News Bruester's Ice Cream looking to open in next ye... Sat Melted 3
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) Sep 23 Honestysales 9,213
THAI FLAVORS: Chang Sensory Trails Sep 23 Mona Day 1
News Mediterranean Diet Can Lower Risk for Alzheimer... Sep 23 Stephany McDowell 1
News Karen Alexios has worked at Gold's Deli for ove... Sep 23 Samuels Furnace Man 9
More from around the web