Horsemeat in burgers horrifies UK

Jan 17, 2013 Full story: WISH-TV Indianapolis 17

Tesco, the country's biggest supermarket chain, took out full-page newspaper ads Thursday to apologize for an unwanted ingredient in some of its hamburgers: horsemeat.

Full Story
Bob

Needham, MA

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Tesco you dirty rats.You got caught mixing horse meat with hamburger meat.Did you make plenty of money doing that?Do you think that calling it a mistake will fool anyone?The fish industry has been pulling that crap with mixing junk fish with the good stuff for years and now you are doing the same thing. SHAME ON YOU I HOPE THAT YOU GET A VERY LARGE PENALTY BOB

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Jan 17, 2013
tell the cook this is low grade dogfood, this steak still has marks where the jockey was hitting it.
Vegetarian

Sungai Buloh, Malaysia

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Bob wrote:
Tesco you dirty rats.You got caught mixing horse meat with hamburger meat.Did you make plenty of money doing that?Do you think that calling it a mistake will fool anyone?The fish industry has been pulling that crap with mixing junk fish with the good stuff for years and now you are doing the same thing. SHAME ON YOU I HOPE THAT YOU GET A VERY LARGE PENALTY BOB
And how do you know your beef burgers from the local Uncle Sam shops ain't mixed in the meat of your tens of thousands missing Americans, who just simply 'diappear' into thin air?
Papillon

Sacramento, CA

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Muslims love them,
as well as camel meat, dog meat and cats.
Most of them now find pigs a delicassy.

In Africa, and perhaps elswhere, muslims still resort to cannibalism.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

“TUEBOR”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#5 Jan 17, 2013
I blame the filthy Asians.
ABN Ortiz

Chicago, IL

#6 Jan 17, 2013
What? Some American Companies do that here! They call it filler too.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#7 Jan 17, 2013
SEND IT TO THE TENS-OF-MILLIONS OF HOMELESS IN AMERICA AS THEY'D ABOUT EAT ANYTHING NOW.
Operation KL

Sentul, Malaysia

#8 Jan 17, 2013
FaithUSA wrote:
I blame the filthy Asians.
Don't believe what your mummy told you!
The street lights in the alleyway were very dim that night you was spawned. She couldn't have see his exact facial features.
Anyway, she was totally engrossed in the erotic pleasure by the unexpected and uninvited intrusion......
This was story of your useless life beginning boy!

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#9 Jan 18, 2013
It's good, rich, lean meat, what's the problem?

Dogs love it, after all...:)

#10 Jan 18, 2013
DENG wrote:
SEND IT TO THE TENS-OF-MILLIONS OF HOMELESS IN AMERICA AS THEY'D ABOUT EAT ANYTHING NOW.
Filthy Han eat each other, along with every other living thing on Earth. Of course, when you've got over a billion crowded into a nation as small as China, you have to eat what you can get - and siphon off the excess people to prisons, camps, and executions.

Now if we could just get these vermin out of Tibet...

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#11 Jan 18, 2013
So some Europeans such as the French, Belgians, Dutch and more enjoy horsemeat but the EU will have a hissy fit when a Canadian fishermen kills and eats a seal?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#13 Jan 18, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
tell the cook this is low grade dogfood, this steak still has marks where the jockey was hitting it.
Ever wondered why we harbor such a distatse for including horsemeat into our meat availability? I had a hamburger once, in France that i am pretty sure was equine, and it was fine.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#14 Jan 18, 2013
DENG wrote:
Hey, it's old PAID TO POST....What's this i hear about chinese and koreans eating aborted human fetuses? True, ain't it?

“Nirvana”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#15 Jan 18, 2013
Don't know what it is about Tesco they can get away with anything it seems
nearly a decade back they had that incident with the chicken that was getting past its best so they washed it in disinfectant... if that had been some other supermarket they'd gone out of business from such a bad rep
Tesco is taking over the world... at a tesco I know there have been ppl begging to the security guard to get back in after being banned (not me, lol) what?
apparently if it's got a purplish tinge instead of red it might be horsemeat... seen it in catfood
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#16 Jan 18, 2013
Bob wrote:
You realise the biggest seller of burgers on earth is McDonalds and there isn't a single piece of ham in any of their hamburgers, right?
Horsemeat Harry

UK

#17 Jan 18, 2013
Naturally Wired wrote:
So some Europeans such as the French, Belgians, Dutch and more enjoy horsemeat but the EU will have a hissy fit when a Canadian fishermen kills and eats a seal?
not to mention our liberals and old hippie lefties, vegans and assorted fruits and nuts. They have ruined the the Far North lifestyle with their effete judgemental attitude. Just never vote for any of them , that's the way.

#18 Jan 18, 2013
Naturally Wired wrote:
Well, they mostly just club them to death en masse for their pelts, which upsets some people.

Plenty of Chinese who like dog meat, too, and Americans who love Twinkies. NO accounting for tastes, as they say...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 1 hr Facefaceface 8,249
Papa's favorite poison 1 hr LindseyP 5
Multicooker reccomendations? 5 hr Lizzza 1
What's your favorite dessert? 5 hr Lizzza 49
Eat these foods to nourish your skin (Mar '14) 5 hr Lizzza 2
Cereals in epic struggle as morning tastes, rit... 19 hr Kelly 1
Obamas want daughters to get taste of life on m... Sun Anonymous of Indy 398
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••