US school district training more than 20 teacher, staff as armed security guards

There are 1 comment on the Nanaimo Daily News story from Jul 30, 2013, titled US school district training more than 20 teacher, staff as armed security guards. In it, Nanaimo Daily News reports that:

When classes at Clarksville High School resume in August assistant principle Cheyne Dougan will be among the more than 20 teachers, administrators and other employees in the school district carrying concealed weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nanaimo Daily News.

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#1 Jul 30, 2013
This is a no-brainer. If you can learn to run a circular saw safely, you can handle a firearm. A gun is not some tricky, unpredictable device. It has no mind of its-own. It takes a deliberate act to make it fire; and anyone with the intelligence to earn a college degree should be able to learn to safely handle one in day to day use and occasional maintenance. And this applies to all states outside of AK too.

Now, if-only we can get teachers to train kids to balance a checkbook, qualify for good jobs, and keep from making unwanted babies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rollin' on the river 1 hr Rachael 2
News Hampden's Alchemy opening restaurant in Bel Air 1 hr Rachael 2
News We're making tracks with chef Ramsay 2 hr Rachael 1
News Muslims Protest Police Policies: "Walking While... (Mar '13) 4 hr mohammed was a pe... 2
News VFW urges peace officers to not let criticism d... 22 hr cops are psychopaths 1
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) Sat paige 8,975
News Dickey's Barbecue Pit Fri Dominiqe 1
More from around the web