5 Foods Women Should Eat More

May 25, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KIFI

For busy women of all ages, five foods boast high scores in essential nutrients such as iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin K, folate, vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Constance

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

I believe what's said here about depression and low levels of calcium and magnesium. I'll get mine in good supplements if I have to, but so help me, I will never try to eat broccoli again, even with cheese on it.

"Finally, according to Mental Health America, about 12 million women in the U.S. experience clinical depression each year. It's estimated that women are twice as likely as men to experience depression. Depression has been linked to low levels of calcium and magnesium, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that a study comparing the bone mass of depressed premenopausal women to their nondepressed peers found that the depressed women had reduced bone mass and the most thinning in their hip bones, putting them at higher risk of fractures.

Many leafy greens boast high levels of vitamin E, which helps stave off menopausal hot flashes. Excellent sources of vitamin E include mustard greens, turnip greens and Swiss chard; you can also find it in spinach, collard greens and kale. Like broccoli, leafy greens are natural diuretics and are great for combating bloat and water retention."

http://www.localnews8.com/health/23667205/det...
Marquise

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Agace

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/TRCx1y only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Since: Feb 14

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

How can I increase my calcium level?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Shoppers Are Suing Bottled Water Manufacturers ... (Apr '13) 7 hr KattyS 2
New Chiropractic Physician Joins the Staff at T... 8 hr Chiropractor from Chicago 6
Shelby County Shindig barbecue cook-off is July... 9 hr Kel 1
Derby couple with pizza-making past open new jo... 11 hr Phil 1
Rachael Ray Catchphrases, Ranked By Annoyingness (Oct '13) 14 hr Smoke Free 5
Reports from Cuba: Offering fish at your door? ... 15 hr John Grimbaldsun 5
Hundreds of fatigued Syrian rebels give up the ... 17 hr Oliver Cromwell 2
•••
•••