US: Chinese Seafood Detained for Safety

Farmed seafood joined tires, toothpaste and toy trains on the list of tainted and defective products from China that could be hazardous to a person's health. Full Story
Gloom and Doom

Silver Spring, MD

#27 Aug 13, 2007
"MADE IN CHINA" - This is now a "WARNING LABEL" - You purchase products from China: foods, drugs, commetics, medical devices toys and tires at your own risk. They should put a ban on everything comming out of China. I read an article recently about them putting cardboard in their muffins. They killed thousands of pets in the US with melamine. Our stupid government keeps letting all their poison products into the US. Do you really believe they truly care about your health and safety. BOLOGNA
qzone

Mclean, VA

#28 Aug 13, 2007
Miss Prim wrote:
If you're going to boycott Chinese goods, you might as well not buy anything. Make everything from scratch at home and never buy a new appliance or vehicle.
If consumer goods aren't assembled or manufactured in China outright, some of their parts or ingredients probably are.
Interestingly enough, even though fraud is a capital offense in China, capital punishment does not appear to be a deterrent.
dumb liberals. capital punishment is not a deterrent but it can save tax players money. I suppose sticking them in jail for 60 years is?

Since: Jul 07

Orlando, FL

#29 Aug 13, 2007
Why aren't we making our own toys?
joyce

United States

#30 Aug 13, 2007
A cultural difference I've noticed:
The Chinese Exec killed himself after ruining the business.Here in the States, a top executive would delegate the capital punishment to a staff member to take the fall. The top executives would take no blame. We don't believe in taking blame- in business, in politics, or anywhere else.
The Kid Rides Again

Newark, NJ

#31 Aug 13, 2007
Most of the computers are now made in China, so you better beware of what you type because the Chinese government is now tracking with a hidden chip in your computer.

Because they are making most of the computers they now control the US Government and our defense system.

Just think how easy it is for them to hide a program on all of the computers than where made in China.

China also controls our money system they own over $40 trillion of our national debt because we keep buying everything that is made in China. Just think when this comes due. They are already using it as a weapon in talks with the US Government.

Remember our National Debt was going down when Clinton was president now it has more than doubled under Bush because of his tax cuts for the rich. This will have to be paid and who do think is going to pay for this?

The middle class taxpayer accourse.
Grim

Miami Beach, FL

#32 Aug 13, 2007
All this talk about chinese is making me hungry. Where's that numbers for Wong's?
sethook

Placentia, CA

#33 Aug 13, 2007
Maybe some of the Corporate thieves here in the US should take a lesson from this guy and "do the deed" once convicted.
ROJAC

Miami, FL

#34 Aug 13, 2007
TIME TO BUY AMERICAN!!!!!
sandegold

Orlando, FL

#36 Aug 17, 2007
" For years, over 99 per cent of China's food exports have been up to standard," the paper said..........

"" I guess that would mean that the rest of the bad and dangerous food for our animals and ourselves is the 1% that they are coming under fire for."" I myself,will no longer buy ANYTHING from China again...I read labels and I am very careful what I buy...I would hope that from now on,they will be more careful about what they sell to other countries,and,then again,maybe not...It is a well known fact that China hates the U.S....maybe this is their way of trying to get rid of us...at any rate...no more stuff from China for my family or my animals if I can prevent it...
Shadow_Dancer

Lake Worth, FL

#37 Aug 17, 2007
My brother & SIL are in the Air Force. When they were issued new uniforms we were all amazed. The berets were "Made Im China"
Disgusting.....
No to China

Clearwater, FL

#38 Aug 17, 2007
I find it interesing that we as a nation look down to Communism yet we have basically handed over our economy to China. I say stop all of the imports, don't buy Chinese products, and support democracy.
Hurricane Martin

Orlando, FL

#39 Aug 18, 2007
China=garbage products...the only thing that is MADE IN THE USA in WALMART are the American flags...UNBELIEVABLE!!
Sawgrass WIlly

Charlottesville, VA

#40 Aug 21, 2007
Tony wrote:
I just sent Kroger an email telling them that I am posting this china seafood thing to all my contacts...employees, business contact, personal lists et al. Also advised them that we will be looking at all products for chinese inclusion of additives etc.
Also let them know that if any health problems occur, carefull record keeping will be done and the case will be litigated as the evidence allows.
It is time for the American Population (you know who and what you are) to take their money elsewhere. I will not eat chinese garbage and so called "sea bass" and other strange stuff..made up names to make Americans think they really have something good on their plate!.while all the while is is trash fish or old fish or injected fish.
Look what has happened to the shrimp industry in the U.S....just about gone.. Now where do you think those shrimp come from at Kroger....That's right...They have been farmed, frozen, flown or sent on refridge containers...God knows how OLD the stuff is...to good ole Kroger et al.
No more for me unless it see it move or personally know the guy who SAW it move.
Damned tired of it all.
Tony
I won't even set foot in a Chinese restaurant. What about those Chinese "buffets"? Man, that stuff looks like garbage!

And folks where I work, eat Chinese food from local sub-par Chinese restaurants and save the cr*a*p in the fridge and then eat it 5 days later! Barf!

“Excellence is only adequate”

Since: May 07

Iwakuni, Japan and Philly, PA

#41 Aug 21, 2007
Hurricane Martin wrote:
China=garbage products...the only thing that is MADE IN THE USA in WALMART are the American flags...UNBELIEVABLE!!
American flags are almost always made outside of the U.S.A., also.

You have to go after the U.S. companies that are distributing poor products under their name. It comes down to the people in the U.S.A. wanting low prices and the administration of companies wanting more money for themselves and the unionized workers who want too much money to do almost nothing.

People in China struggle to eat and have heat. It's not as if they have to worry about filling an SUV but the people running the companies there also need to take their roles more seriously or they will be out of business.
yeah right

United States

#42 Aug 22, 2007
You wouldn't go borrow a cup of milk from the crazy, serial killer neighbor who would love to see you dead now would you? So why on earth do we allow ANY food, toy or goods to come to us from China? I just don't get it! I am doing my best to NEVER purchase from China. If it means made from scratch meals for my family then so be it. It would do us all some good to cook our meals from scratch anyhow.

BOYCOT CHINA! And PLEASE get that damn bumbling idiot Bush out of office, Hillary we are waiting for you
West Orlandoman

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#43 Aug 22, 2007
Caution - Products made in China cost 1/10 the cost of products made in US, and that includes transportation and warehousing. So, why hasn't the prices on shoes, shirts, pants, dishes, silverware, automobiles, toys, gone down by 90%.
We feed the 750 billion dollar trade unbalance with China. China buys about a dollar fifty worth of goods made in USA and sells us 750 billion. Stop buying stuff made in China. Now, food products - don't get me started. Most America farmers have larger farms in Mexico, Costa Rico, Panama. They fly back and forth in their lear jets, and not on their john deers. We feed that foreign food production too. Stop buying food grown in Mexico, Costa Rico, China, and Panama. Either that, or sue the heck out of these American Distrubutors when poison products are found.
Carbon

Lady Lake, FL

#44 Aug 22, 2007
The Indians probably said that about the blankets we gave them.
healthy guy

Morristown, TN

#45 Aug 22, 2007
OK, but what about the flouride in the US water supplies that has been deemed unsafe many years ago, yet is still being administered to the public like a dose of weak poison? It's crazy!!!
pat of cocoa

United States

#46 Aug 24, 2007
chinese bicycles are a danger to our kids make them improve huffy and swinn are part of the problem
sylvia

AOL

#48 Aug 26, 2007
TENNESSEE TUXEDO wrote:
<quoted text>SOUNDS LIKE YOUR GOING TO BE RUNNING AROUND NAKED!
I've been able to find clothing/shoes not made in China.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
County jails: Commissaries offer inmates a rang... (May '09) 2 hr ur an ass 108
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 2 hr ann 8,343
To Eat This 8K-Calorie Breakfast, Sign a Waiver 3 hr NOM s Waffle House 3
What Foods Russians May Miss Thanks to Putin's Ban 7 hr Here Is One 302
Crew makes 1,126-pound bowl of Hawaii rice dish 8 hr Kid_Tomorrow 2
Who thinks KFC sucks (Aug '07) 14 hr Mark 9
Peter Lyons: Election is over, fire up the barbie 22 hr kiwis are pond scum 1

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE