Chick-fil-A wings in new direction af...

Chick-fil-A wings in new direction after gay flap

There are 340 comments on the WWL-TV New Orleans story from Apr 8, 2014, titled Chick-fil-A wings in new direction after gay flap. In it, WWL-TV New Orleans reports that:

The iconic chicken chain, as well-known for its conservative heritage as its savory eats, is recalibrating its moral and culinary compass.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WWL-TV New Orleans.

Fundies R Mentally Eel

Philadelphia, PA

#213 Apr 16, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no one has to try to explain what comes naturally. Man is God's gift to women and vice versa.
You have (recently) said (lied) that you are not religious or motivated in your sexually sick, homophobic ravings by religion.

You're a little mixed up about what "natural" means. It doesn't mean what you approve of. It doesn't mean what your no doubt hateful and backwards clergy person told you it means.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#214 Apr 16, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I understand.I have a fat gay uncle,but I'm not brainwashed by the liberal media.
hahaha... better than being brainwashed by the radical right... they've scrubbed so hard there is barely any gray matter left... just enough to still be able to parrot propaganda garbage about "the liberal media" and convince your ignorant self that gays are disgusting and bigotry is just every day business.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#215 Apr 16, 2014
Fundies R Mentally Eel wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You have (recently) said (lied) that you are not religious or motivated in your sexually sick, homophobic ravings by religion.
2. You're a little mixed up about what "natural" means. It doesn't mean what you approve of. It doesn't mean what your no doubt hateful and backwards clergy person told you it means.
1. I said I don't practice any religion and I've never read the bible.
2. Have you heard about the birds and the bees?
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#216 Apr 16, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha... better than being brainwashed by the radical right... they've scrubbed so hard there is barely any gray matter left... just enough to still be able to parrot propaganda garbage about "the liberal media" and convince your ignorant self that gays are disgusting and bigotry is just every day business.
Hey Tre. I remember you from the ol' days before these mixed up youngsters started topix in this crazy direction.

So you will understand if I have a hard time grasping all this free thinking jizz.
Fundies R Mentally Eel

Philadelphia, PA

#217 Apr 16, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I said I don't practice any religion and I've never read the bible.
2. Have you heard about the birds and the bees?
Yet you just posted some twaddle about heterosexual relations being gawd's gift. That's not about the birds and the bees. That's about religion. The religion that you have only lately claimed you do not partake of.

You're a liar. You have invoked the worst of the usual "religious" nuttiness many times here before.

But of course if you're telling the truth now about having no religion (doubtful) then all your fundie homophobe allies will have to inform you that you're going to hell for not accepting jaysus.

Whereas I think you can go to hell for many other reasons besides any jaysus ones.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#218 Apr 16, 2014
I've been reading all the comments and I think I understand the jist of it.

People are mad because its suppose to be a family type place and they fear the gays because of their children might see or hear somthing preverted.And the gays think its somthing about gender bigotry over their preference?

Sounds like no one is trying to understand the real issue here.
Fundies R Mentally Eel

Philadelphia, PA

#219 Apr 16, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
I've been reading all the comments and I think I understand the jist of it.
You understand nothing, moron.

IMO, the company and that Cathy gave money to block equal rights for lgbt people. The company's brand became homophobia. The tee baggrz and fundies took that brand identity up as their cause. Everyone else looked askance at the brand.

Then Chick fil A tried to subtly but not meaningfully toe tap away from the controversy.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#220 Apr 16, 2014
Fundies R Mentally Eel wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand nothing, moron.
IMO, the company and that Cathy gave money to block equal rights for lgbt people. The company's brand became homophobia. The tee baggrz and fundies took that brand identity up as their cause. Everyone else looked askance at the brand.
Then Chick fil A tried to subtly but not meaningfully toe tap away from the controversy.
Well if you would stop changing you poster name every time someone wins an argument aginst your viewpoint than your comments would hold water.
Fundies R Mentally Eel

Philadelphia, PA

#221 Apr 16, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you would stop changing you poster name every time someone wins an argument aginst your viewpoint than your comments would hold water.
Changing my moniker has nothing to do one way or the other with whether my arguments hold water. That claim by you is not logical. You are stupid. Chick fil A is backtracking.

lol
Front Line Fighter

Aliquippa, PA

#222 Apr 17, 2014
This thread is ridiculous. Here's what matters: Chick-Fil-A is good food that is getting even better. This is America where free speech is protected by the first amendment. We are not told what to believe yet, though gays are trying hard to change that. Individuals are still free to express their thoughts and financially support whatever they choose. Chick-Fil-A has NEVER been against hiring gays, selling to gays, or discriminating against them in any way. Their owner/founder has just expressed his belief that marriage is a man and a woman, just like our president did a scant 5 years ago (though, I know, it feels like a lifetime ago to those who have been watching him fundamentally transform/destroy the country to their utter dismay. Most importantly: attempts by gays to smear Chick-Fil-A have led to nothing but better business for them. I'm sure this latest gay hysteria will do the same thing.
Front Line Fighter

Aliquippa, PA

#223 Apr 17, 2014
Fundies R Mentally Eel wrote:
<quoted text>
You have figured exactly nothing out.
The states that got marriage equality first - better educated. Mozilla employees who don't want a bigot CEO - educated. People who voted to block marriage equality in CA - statistically less educated (and older and more "religious.")
The matter has nothing to do with what you claim to think about my education, you stupid, ignorant, lying bigot. It has to do with things in the aggregate.
Hey, Philly, this "education" argument will cut no ice with people who are aware of how liberals have taken over most education institutions from pre-school to grad school. Education is so laced with liberal propaganda now that there is little room left for actual knowledge at these institutions. Fortunately, some people get out in the real world when their "education" is done and actual learn some useful things and become wise.
Fundies R Mentally Eel

Hockessin, DE

#224 Apr 17, 2014
Front Line Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Philly, this "education" argument will cut no ice with people who are aware of how liberals have taken over most education institutions from pre-school to grad school. Education is so laced with liberal propaganda now that there is little room left for actual knowledge at these institutions. Fortunately, some people get out in the real world when their "education" is done and actual learn some useful things and become wise.
You sick pos, leave me alone. I'm tired of going over the same things again and again with you. You're contributing to my mental instability. You closet case filth, leave me alone.
Front Line Fighter

Aliquippa, PA

#225 Apr 17, 2014
Fundies R Mentally Eel wrote:
<quoted text>
You sick pos, leave me alone. I'm tired of going over the same things again and again with you. You're contributing to my mental instability. You closet case filth, leave me alone.
Oh my goodness. There you have it! Philly really is mental unstable. I think we should just quit responding to anything s/he has to say. Heaven knows we don't want to make matters worse with this individual. I hope you get some help. I'll keep you in my prayers (seriously). Be well!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#226 Apr 17, 2014
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, wont have that vile brew. Did you know that Diet Cokes are worse for you than the 12 spoon sugary cans of Coke?
However, FINALLY you are admitting to doing something correct.
Diet coke AND diet Pepsi make people fat. It is what contributes to the latest obesity rates. Our government just came out with lies about how "they" are winning the war on obesity, however an independent study looking at the same facts came to a different conclusion.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#227 Apr 17, 2014
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>PBS is airing a show about the men who made America fat. It all stems back to the 1970's when they began loading everything down with high fructose "sugar" made from corn. It is hidden in almost everything and that's the main cause of American obesity. It' far cheaper than cane sugar also.
Once in a great while, usually around Passover, the stores DO sell Coca Cola made with cane sugar. That's the only time I will get one. It's in the glass bottles and pop tops and cane sugar. You have NO idea how GOOD it tastes and takes me back to childhood when my parents would allow me like one soda on the 4th of July. Besides being nostalgic, there is NO comparison to the taste of a REAL Coke.
The fat free fad of the 90's was total bull for instead of fat, they were loading the products up with the same high fructose, so the consumers were getting even MORE empty calories than if they had consumed the fat in the first place.
Healthy fats are a necessary part of a good wholesome diet. Many people died from those low fat diets. And you are exactly correct that with all those no-fat foods they loaded them up with lots of extra sugar deceiving people into believing they were getting a healthy product when it was the worst possible thing they could be eating.

Any idea how many American have diabetes and do not even know it?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#228 Apr 17, 2014
Fundies R Mentally Eel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to explain it again. There are technical problems with registering. If you don't care to think about it then don't bring up your suggestion that I register again.
And being registered has nothing to do with being "brave." That simply doesn't make sense. A registered moniker is just as anonymous as an unregistered one.
All RIGHT, Mr. Last Word. I pity anyone who you are in a relationship with. You probably keep that poor soul up till 4 AM arguing some minor point that no one cares about but you.
WHO asked you to "explain it again"? I sure didn't.

I hate the liars and fakers who pretend to be from France or Siberia or Mars or wherever their twisted minds take them that particular hour and never have anything to add but school yard taunts. Those are the ones I remind to register. Fat chance.

And PLEASE do NOT hector me again the where and why that you can't. I GET it.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#229 Apr 17, 2014
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate this information you are passing on. Really hoping that the people who support liberals just for what can be given to them (i.e. gay marriage), will realize that there is much more that is harmful coming out of the liberal government
Liberal, conservative, they take turns owning us. The new master is as bad as the old. It is the master that we need to get rid of all together so we can live like human beings are supposed to live, in a state of anarchy.

That is a word that scares people because of their total ignorance as to what exactly anarchy is.

&li st=UUFeK8ZdHbCqAq3gekWs8aEQ

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#230 Apr 17, 2014
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I think has made America fat. HFCS is sneaky manufactured sugar that can't even be metabolized by the body for energy. It goes straight to the liver, which turns it into fat for storage. I have been reading labels looking out for the stuff ever since I read "The Omnivore's Dilemma." I am happy that some food manufacturers have wised up and it is getting a lot easier to find products that don't have it than it was 6 or 7 years ago.
Kind of fun agreeing with you on this stuff, Curteese.
If you MUST have a soda, try Zevia. http://www.zevia.com/

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#231 Apr 17, 2014
Front Line Fighter wrote:
This thread is ridiculous. Here's what matters: Chick-Fil-A is good food that is getting even better. This is America where free speech is protected by the first amendment. We are not told what to believe yet, though gays are trying hard to change that. Individuals are still free to express their thoughts and financially support whatever they choose. Chick-Fil-A has NEVER been against hiring gays, selling to gays, or discriminating against them in any way. Their owner/founder has just expressed his belief that marriage is a man and a woman, just like our president did a scant 5 years ago (though, I know, it feels like a lifetime ago to those who have been watching him fundamentally transform/destroy the country to their utter dismay. Most importantly: attempts by gays to smear Chick-Fil-A have led to nothing but better business for them. I'm sure this latest gay hysteria will do the same thing.
It's still salty processed fast food. Spend some extra time in your own kitchen and make your own lunch. It'll save you money and save your waistline.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#232 Apr 17, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Healthy fats are a necessary part of a good wholesome diet. Many people died from those low fat diets. And you are exactly correct that with all those no-fat foods they loaded them up with lots of extra sugar deceiving people into believing they were getting a healthy product when it was the worst possible thing they could be eating.
Any idea how many American have diabetes and do not even know it?
I'll bet a lot of them are. I don't know how old you are ,but when I was much younger, I sure don't recall all the obese people running around. I know one's metabolism slows, but when you see old magazines or old family photos, you don't see the huge heavy people you see now. Drive by any school and you'll see a heavy mom walking her little tubs of children to school. It's pitiful.

I don't think people have changed so much. Maybe the kids stay in and play video games more, but as you noted, and as did PBS, it's the food being shoved down us now that's packing on the pounds. Mrs. Obama can swing her muscular arms all day long and that won't help one kid until foods are not so poisoned. As for bad stuff, on market day I spend a good half hour longer in there reading every label.

Does a food like spaghetti sauce really need 23% sodium, or 19% sugar to be palatable?

I've been utilizing the old crock pot to make my own sauces with almost zero salt or sugar. It's cheaper too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Try a tropical taste of summer in Lehigh Valley... 3 hr Foot 5
News Ontario tomato farmers sue local canning factor... 9 hr lotsa white colla... 1
News Help us find the best chicken wings in Central ... 9 hr Mike 12
News Recipe Exchange: Chile Rellenos from Gay and La... (Sep '07) 11 hr Jetmech 67
News Judge will render verdict Thursday in Anita Kra... (May '17) Jan 18 LexisNexis database 6
News On Your Side - Pot Pie Recall (Oct '07) Jan 18 PRIME RIB 51
News 10 Toronto Steak Houses That Sizzle Jan 17 other sizzle 1
More from around the web