St. Patrick's Day 2013: Cleveland pub, club and restaurant party guide

Mar 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: cleveland.com

The 146th annual St. Patrick's Day Parade will start an hour later than usual because the holiday falls on a Sunday and parade organizers want to avoid interfering with church services.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated May 8, 2013
Mike M

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

This came up in discussion at trivia last night, shouldn't this be the 147th parade? It began in 1867 which is 146 years ago, but you also count 1867 as the first equaling 147. It would be the 146th anniversary of the inaugural parade, but this would be the 147th actual parade.
The one caveat would be that the parade was cancelled for a year at some point, but we can find no evidence of this on the web.
Does anyone have any knowledge of the parade skipping a year, or a reason why the majority of the media has been saying this is the 146th? Simple addition says otherwise.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

a belated Happy St Patricks day! any Irish want to palaver with me is alright. I am descended from Brian Boru.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas of Panama (Dec '07) 1 hr Jim Dandy 11
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 2 hr lee 7,879
Why is clay so addictive? 3 hr suri clay 2
Defeat insomnia and sleep easy with these top f... (Oct '13) 5 hr MargauxDiaz 4
Not lovin' it in Russia: McDonald's, Wendy's in... 10 hr russian 16
Dining review: At Pho Saigon Bay, discover the ... 15 hr vc bac ky AN meo the tham 6
Opinion: Just say nyet to Russian fish 17 hr Karmarim 6
•••
•••