University Catering by Sorority Gourm...

University Catering by Sorority Gourmet Brings Campus Victuals

There are 19 comments on the American Chronicle story from Sep 16, 2008, titled University Catering by Sorority Gourmet Brings Campus Victuals. In it, American Chronicle reports that:

A new catering concept has emerged from the productive minds of Frank Benninghoff and Brian Johnston, two five-star chefs who have combined their talents to create Sorority Gourmet , a university catering ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at American Chronicle.

Chuck Yung

Lake Forest, CA

#1 Sep 17, 2008
This is really great. The sorority sisters in San Diego all say Sorority Gourmet's food and presentation are incredible. The chefs at Sorority Gourmet appear to specialize in University Catering and have brought their five-star, five-diamond talents to all those lucky sorority sisters. I found them at www.sororitygourmet.com . Maybe they'll start a new service for the guys.
Susie Cue

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

#2 Nov 26, 2008
I found this googling for the sorority food site called sorority gourmet. Thanks because this let me find it at www.sororitygourmet.com . I understand that the sorority food at sorority gourmet is incredible.
Sigma Chi Guy SDSU

Carson, CA

#3 Sep 9, 2009
I know the Sorority Gourmet guys and they also have a company called Frat Food. They really take care of us alright. Our Chef's name is Chef Black out! He even smokes pot with us when he is not cooking. I wonder if their chef's smoke pot with the girls at SDSU too?
Jeremy

San Diego, CA

#6 Sep 22, 2009
Sigma Chi Guy SDSU wrote:
I know the Sorority Gourmet guys and they also have a company called Frat Food. They really take care of us alright. Our Chef's name is Chef Black out! He even smokes pot with us when he is not cooking. I wonder if their chef's smoke pot with the girls at SDSU too?
To whoever wrote this you clearly are childish. Going on a website as an imposture and fabricating lies about something you have know idea about. A Sigma Chi would never do something this immature. Be a man and confront me
Jose Giraldo

San Diego, CA

#7 Sep 29, 2009
Hey "Sigma Chi Guy", that is most untrue statement I have ever heard. I know for a fact that both Frat Food and Sorority Gourmet are professional and legitimate companies and their product is excellent. Why would you try to bag on their efforts and post something so false on this sight, it is truly sad. Both members of Sigma Chi and the Chef's at both companies would never do anything like that!
Bo joseph

San Diego, CA

#8 Sep 29, 2009
I've talked to the chef from Sigma Chi, and I know for a fact that he would never do what that "Sigma Chi Guy SDSU" said up there. He's really legit and makes bomb food and takes his job seriously. He would never do anything to jeopardize his career and reputation.
Nick

San Diego, CA

#9 Sep 29, 2009
I know for a fact that the chef from sigma chi would never do that. Frat food is extremely professional and I know he would never do anything to jeopardize that reputation.
Kevin G

San Diego, CA

#10 Sep 29, 2009
that is absolutely bullshit...ive been in sigma chi since we started working with frat food and they are organized, professional, and delicious
Tommy K

San Diego, CA

#11 Sep 29, 2009
Frat food is so bomb. There food is delicious, and the company would not employ anyone that takes part in anything childish or is not professional.
Johnny

San Diego, CA

#12 Sep 29, 2009
Wow, I just read that thing about the Sigma Chi guy and he is definitely not a Sigma Chi. What idiot Sigma Chi would admit he smoke and his chef does too....ahh yeah. There food is so good and both the chefs are professional, and I have never heard anything about them smoking or anything.
Jimmy

San Diego, CA

#13 Sep 29, 2009
I just found this web site and I used to work with some of the chefs that work for Frat food and Sorority Gourmet. As far as I remember neither one of them smoked and I was with them all the time. They cooking is good, and even better is their idea to feed fraternities and sororities!
Gus

San Diego, CA

#14 Sep 29, 2009
This company had a great idea, and were the first to pursuit it and be successful. More power to them.
Maximilious

San Diego, CA

#15 Sep 29, 2009
I have heard that the quality of food this company produces is five star quality. They are trying new things with organic foods as well as healthy mixes. They are trying to fuze together the college diet with healthy choices.
Paul

San Diego, CA

#16 Sep 29, 2009
Frat food is way good . Their reputation has always been top notch.
Bill Johnson

San Diego, CA

#17 Sep 29, 2009
I agree with almost all comments above, this company is a hit so far and they are just getting started. I see a prosperous future for them!
Jeff Evans

San Diego, CA

#18 Sep 29, 2009
I just came across this web site and have read all of these awesome comments about this frat food. Does anyone know how to contact them? I live in a fraternity in USC and looking for a great company like this one to cook our meals!
Martin Jameson

San Diego, CA

#19 Sep 29, 2009
This new company and its chefs are truly professional and organized in their work. Not only do they have their menus looking good but they have the best deals and prices on kitchen items. Two thumbs way up!
Josh Tremble

Cardiff By The Sea, CA

#20 Jan 20, 2010
I tried the Frat Food and their service is really good. Frank Benninghoff is a very responsible chef, the presentation is fantastic, the taste, superb and he is friendly and respectful. And, NO, he or his staff do not smoke pot or parties with their clientele.
Jack Peterson

United States

#22 Jun 17, 2013
We use frat food at our house and they have not done a good job. Looking for a new chef!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Here's the best reason of all to drink organic ... 1 hr Serratus Anterior 1
News NYC Doctors Step In And 'Prescribe' Fruits And ... 1 hr Serratus Anterior 1
News MEDWATCH: This dieters' drink may not be your c... (Mar '07) 2 hr dmac 149
News Jolly Farms Bar-B-Que closing doors after 51 years (Jul '08) 8 hr BQ memories 11
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) 12 hr dca 52
News Pazzo Pizza open in Sherrill (Sep '08) 22 hr Arnold 6
News My Best Picnic Recipes Tue Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web