Arnold Takes Their Passion for Bread ...

Arnold Takes Their Passion for Bread a Delicious Step Forward

There are 213 comments on the PR-inside.com story from Apr 2, 2007, titled Arnold Takes Their Passion for Bread a Delicious Step Forward. In it, PR-inside.com reports that:

“We're able to create such delicious breads because we use only the freshest, most natural ingredients without compromises.”

Beginning today, Arnold Foods Company, Inc., the bakers of Brownberry, will take natural goodness to a new level with five premium Natural breads. via PR-inside.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PR-inside.com.

Marjorie

Warren, MI

#21 Apr 27, 2007
I just got the same e-mail this morning. I also wrote as suggested by Daniella. Hooray!!!! I guess we made a difference. One thing
I noticed (since I cannot have sugar or very little sugar) The new bread has 3 grams of sugar per serving. It was so sweet. I don't want a sweet bread. It tastes awful not to mention the fact that a healthy bread should not have that much sugar in it. I will be looking for that bread in June...
Marjorie

Warren, MI

#22 Apr 27, 2007
For Larry or anyone else who wants a great bread till we get our Brownberry back in June.

Koepplingers Natural Wheat bread. I am totally happy with this bread.

They also make a 100% "lite" wheat bread. Half the calories, but not as good, but not bad for only 40 calories per slice.
Marjorie

Warren, MI

#23 Apr 27, 2007
I was in the store today and the shelves were full of the Arnold's breads. No one was buying it. I wrote to the company again today suggesting that they give all this bread to the homeless shelters etc. and bring back the Brownberry bread in May or sooner...
Larry

League City, TX

#24 Apr 27, 2007
unfortunately, the Koepllingers is not available in the Fort Wayne area. It appears it is part of the Perfection Bread congolmerant. In Fort Wyane they market their breads under the Aunt Millies label. I have tried several of these and a couple are OK but nothing like the original C. Clark Brownberry Red Label.
Andrea

United States

#25 Apr 27, 2007
I too am very upset about the change in the Brownberry wheat bread. I thought it was a change in labeling at Target but then found the label and bread had changed on all store shelves. My toasted cheese and BLTs just won't be the same. My mother who turned 90 last year started buying the whole wheat bread for our family years and years ago. Why mess with a good thing? What were they thinking?
The Massie Family

Watertown, WI

#26 Apr 27, 2007
What happened to the better than good Brownberry healthnut bread? This new Arnold look alike is not even close to the old style Brownberry Health Nut. My family and I are very dissappointed. We have been buying it for years. I guess we will have to look around for a new brand more like the old
Brownberry. Please reconsider this terrible mistake. I personally would be happy to pay more money for the old style.
The Massie Family

Watertown, WI

#27 Apr 27, 2007
Very Bad Move.
Bill Demmer

Milwaukee, WI

#28 Apr 27, 2007
First, Brownberry killed the Natural Oatmeal bread, now they WRECKED the Health Nut bread. At least they changed the name to Arnold, maybe so as to not disparage the Brownberry name. This is exactly how to kill a good name-WAY TO GO! ARNOLD!
(Wasn't that the name of the pig on "Green Acres"?):)

We have an Arnold bakery in town, and even the employees are dis-pleased with them.

Corporate stupidity at it's finest.
Forgive them Catherine (Clark). They know not what they do!
Bill Demmer

Milwaukee, WI

#29 Apr 27, 2007
p.s. I'm in Oconomowoc-not Allenton.
Bill Demmer

Milwaukee, WI

#30 Apr 27, 2007
I just perused the related corporate websites for Brownberry and Weston.
Man, I hope they read their own B.S; maybe they'll get a clue!

http://brownberry.gwbakeries.com/history.cfm

http://brownberry.gwbakeries.com/about.cfm

http://www.weston.ca/en/abt_corprof.html
Bob

Toledo, OH

#31 Apr 28, 2007
I've been buying Brownberry Natural Wheat bread for about fifteen years. It was the world's best bread. I was really traumatized when I tasted the new version. I decided to donate it to a bird feeder. I hope that they really will bring back the original version.

Brownberry also had an excellent pumpernickel bread. But they just completely discontinued it about a month ago.
Beverly

Panama City, FL

#32 Apr 28, 2007
Be still, my heart! Can it be true? Why did they put everyone through this? Was it just an ill-conceived, clumsy market-research approach?

Well, in any event, my hat is off to the decision-makers who gave credence to the feedback they have received. Thank you!

And, just in case, I am still experimenting with making the Natural Wheat at home...but as soon as the store shelves are restocked (June, they say) with Catherine/Brownberry original recipe, we'll be back to purchasing our usual 3-5 loaves per week!(Now, is it true also for their Health Nut recipe?)
Mike and Cindy

United States

#33 Apr 28, 2007
We were devastated when we found that we could no longer buy our Brownberry Wheat bread. The substitute produced by Arnold's is no different than 99% of the other Wheat breads on the market and does not have the unique texture, taste, nor consistency of the Brownberry Wheat. We are now in the process of trying to find a new bread which will most likely not be from the Arnold's company.
Caroline _ Cleveland OH

United States

#34 Apr 28, 2007
I have bought nothing but Brownberry Whole Wheat Bread for the last 14 years. The new Arnold version is like paper and is just like all the other ordinary breads now.I won't trust it again, even if it does come out in June. I am going to get Trader Joe's bread from now on. Bye for good, Arnold
Don

United States

#35 Apr 28, 2007
Bring Brownberry Natural Wheat back! Arnold's replacement is worse than pablum.
Brenda de Jong

Harwood Heights, IL

#36 Apr 28, 2007
My husband and I have neen buying Catherina Clark natural Wheat bread FOREVER. We loved it, and I know it was a big seller. Now, under the Arnold name, it is RUINED! It is totally inferior in taste and texture. Arnolds....Why buy it if you are going to ruin it? This is bad for us--the consumer-- and certainly bad for your business

Brenda de Jong
Mother and Owner, Small Miracles, Inc.
Oak Park, IL
Richard

Bellefontaine, OH

#37 Apr 28, 2007
I am a health nut, nut. This tasts like wonder bread. Enough said
Rick

Batavia, OH

#38 Apr 29, 2007
I also submitted a complaint to GW Bakeries and received the following good news from Victoria Petrakis of GWB:

"A decision has been made to bring back the original Natural Wheat Bread. You should find it on the shelves by the end of June.

Thank You"
Beverly

Panama City, FL

#39 Apr 29, 2007
Re:Arnold bringing back the original Natural Wheat recipe in June...I noticed that the last loaf of the original I'd purchased was 1 lb, 8 oz - priced at $3.29. The new Arnold style was 1 lb, 4 oz - priced at $3.49. Also, followed Marjorie's advice and am eating Koepplinger's Natural Wheat till I see what Arnold actually does. Koepplinger's is 1 lb, 8 oz at $1.89.(!) I DO still prefer original Brownberry recipe, but Koepplinger's is good, too.
Beverly

Panama City, FL

#40 Apr 29, 2007
Also, just saw an ad and coupon in our Sunday News "stuffs" for Koepplinger's Wheat Breads (showed 3 varieties). Interesting thing...it was promoting their "New Look", and their packaging will now appear similar to that of Brownberry and Arnold. It said nothing about whether THEY had "improved" THEIR recipe. Let's hope not. I'll be interested to see what Koepplinger AND Arnold do with size and price. Gee, who knew how much intrigue there was in the bakery world!?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 9 incredibly important photos of Joe Biden eati... 7 hr Three Psyche 1
News Here's How Wall Street Is Getting Ready for Pre... 7 hr Three Psyche 1
News Muslim Academic: Koran's Reward of 72 Virgins a... 7 hr Faith_Michigan 5
News Jonas Brothers patriarch to open Belmont restau... (Sep '15) 9 hr Young Voter 11
News Ben & Jerrya s Co-Founder Shares Bernie Sanders... (Oct '15) 11 hr Three Psyche 27
News Why won't IHOP open a restaurant in Wilkes-Barr... (Feb '15) 21 hr Antoinett 3
News Ultra Foods in Crestwood offers array of prepar... (Jun '12) 22 hr Milton 25
More from around the web