Arnold Takes Their Passion for Bread a Delicious Step Forward

Apr 2, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: PR-inside.com

“We're able to create such delicious breads because we use only the freshest, most natural ingredients without compromises.”

Beginning today, Arnold Foods Company, Inc., the bakers of Brownberry, will take natural goodness to a new level with five premium Natural breads. via PR-inside.com

Comments
1 - 20 of 211 Comments Last updated Jan 16, 2014
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Jane Melbourne

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2007

You've taken the nuts out of Brownberry's Health Nut bread. I used to buy it almost every week. I won't buy it again.
Margaret

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2007

I agree with Jane Melbourne's comment about Health Nut bread. The consistency of this bread reminds me of wonder bread not a whole wheat breadd. I will not longer buy it --after buying it for years.
Heather

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2007

I don't know where bread under the Arnold name was carried before, maybe there are fans of their recipes. Too bad they messed with the Catherine Clark wheat bread recipe in putting their name on the label..as Margaret said, the consistency is more like a white bread. I concur: I will no longer buy it after buying it for years........
Phyllis

Coraopolis, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2007

Brownberry Health Nut Bread has been a staple in our home for years. The new Arnold product is nothing like the original. Brownberry has made a serious mistake, presenting the consumer with a much inferior product. We won't buy another loaf of this diappointing replacement.
Andrea

Utica, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2007

I wholeheartedly agree with the above posts. I will not buy the wimpy wheat that Arnold is making. Please bring back my Brownberry Natural Wheat bread. The consistency was firm and delicious. It's the only wheat bread my 16 year old would eat.
Glenn Loos-Austin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2007

Is there anything out there that's like what it used to be? I've been eating Brownberry Health Nut bread for decades. I'll give the new bread a chance, but I can tell from outside the packaging by a simple squeeze that it isn't anything like the old product.
Marjorie

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2007

I am so disgusted with this new bread that Arnold Foods has replaced the delicious Brownberry Natural Wheat bread with.
I bought one loaf of the replacement and it is horrid. I threw it out to the birds. First of all it is much too sweet. It is nothing like the wonderful bread that I bought for years. I can't imagine why they changed that recipe. Who would want a bread that tastes like this??

I have already found a bread by Koepplingers that is very very good and that is what I will buy from now on!!!
Glenn Loos-Austin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2007

I have now sampled the Arnold-branded bread. It is a disappointment. Whereas the Health Net Bread of a month ago was firm and dense, this is unpleasantly spongy.

Taste, IMHO, isn't bad, and it's still free of high-fructose corn syrup. But the texture is a let-down. All I can figure (from the press release) is that they were going for bread that wasn't "too hard", and whatever process they're doing to achieve that results in something offensively spongy. What a shame.

I'll be looking into that Koepplingers, Marjorie. Thanks for the tip.
Daniella

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2007

Well folks.... what are we going to do about this? I suggest flooding the inbox of the company with emails letting them know the error of their ways. Here is the link to the "contact us" section of their website which has an email form. What could be easier?:-)

http://arnold.gwbakeries.com/contact.cfm
Peter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2007

The new recipes are as bland and spongy as most grocery store breads! What were they thinking at Arnolds? Who do they expect will be attracted to yet another bland, light undistinguished whole wheat loaf? After years of eating Brownberry Whole Wheat and Health Nut, I can't stomach these. I guess it's off to the bakery every week for me now? Help anyone, is there a comparable commercial loaf?
Elizabeth

Oak Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2007

I am boggled as to why the original Brownberry recidpe would be messed with. I grew up on that bread! I too will no longer buy the Arnold ersion of Brownberry Heatlh Nut Bread.
Jane Melbourne wrote:
You've taken the nuts out of Brownberry's Health Nut bread. I used to buy it almost every week. I won't buy it again.
Beverly

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2007

I called Arnold Bakery # found on new bags. Their Customer "Disservice" lady first suggested that I had no complaint, because the "Improved" Natural Wheat Bread was "Based" on the old one. When I enumerated (reading off ingredients from both bags) the differences, especially the fact that the FIRST ingredients don't even match, and that the new loaf is the same size, but weighs much less, I was told, "Well, it's an entirely DIFFERENT bread!" (MY point, exactly!) They just don't get it. I don't hold out hope that they care. Probably a money-saving move; they don't want to raise the price, so they reduce the size. How dumb do they think we are? It now tastes like cloyingly sweet glue, and it has no body. Yuck. I'm searching for the recipe,now. I'll share it once I find it and reduce it to the size for home bakers. Help with this is welcome.
Beverly

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2007

NOTE: I am searching for the ORIGINAL Catherine Clark/Brownberry ovens Natural Wheat Bread recipe...the one which has CRACKED WHEAT as its first ingredient (vs the crushed wheat noted on the Arnold Brand bag). When I find it, I'll spread the word. If any of YOU find it, please do the same. Thank you.
Larry

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2007

My wife bought the red label Arnold assuming it was the same thing as the red label Brownberry. She thought I was just being 'difficult' until she tried it to. She then bought the purple label Arnold because it seemed closer to the orginal red label. Ack, it is even worse. Any specifics on the Koepplingers would be appreciated. At least the brids are getting their fill.
Kelly

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2007

I am so upset about this. I bought that bread faithfully, every week, for 20 years. I hate this! BOYCOTT!
Joel

Lutz, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

We always used Brownberry Health Nut, the one in the brown labeled bag, but they stopped selling it here in Florida a number of months ago. All they sell now is the red label Brownberry Natural Wheat, which is not as good.
I would like to find a replacement, but if I don't I will have to begin searching for something else.
Chuck

Mokena, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Unfortunately, I agree. The Natural Wheat has lost its texture and firmness. How can ARNOLD say this is "even better"...better for WHAT?...the BOTTOM LINE?? That was my LAST LOAF. See ya 'round ARNOLD
Gus

Evergreen Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

What kind of a stupid business move is this? It is a shame to see a great product watered down and passed off as a replacement. I will never buy any brownberry products again unless the original healthnut bread returns.
Rick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

I couldn't be more disappointed in what Arnold's bread did to the Catherine Clark recipes. Arnold's bread is almost as tasteless as white bread and the texture of their bread is every bit as weak. Is there anyway that someone could bring back the old recipes for Brownberry's Whole Wheat and Health Nut breads? I won't be buying anymore of Arnold's bread. And sadly, I have been trying other brands and they are just about as tasteless. How can we get these posts sent to Arnold's?
Larry

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2007

WOOT!

I had submitted a complaint through GW Bakeries website [as Daniella suggested] on Tuesday. I just received a brief but joyous message from gwbakeries.com :

"A decision has been made to bring back the original Natural Wheat Bread. You should find it on the shelves by the end of June.

Thank You"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 1 hr ann 8,006
Lost Province Brewing opens in downtown Boone 3 hr GoASU4U 4
Little Caesars cements deal 6 hr Pizza pizza 12
Seafood Substitutions Can Expose Consumers to H... 9 hr Barbie 4
What Foods Russians May Miss Thanks to Putin's Ban 14 hr LOSER RUSSIA 153
Wally's Frozen Custard in St. Clair Shores (Feb '14) 14 hr Classical Gas 166
4 at slaughterhouse behind beef recall indicted 15 hr disgusted 1
•••
•••