Couple suing McDonald's says fries 'p...

Couple suing McDonald's says fries 'poison' to their child

There are 62 comments on the Palm Beach Post story from Feb 20, 2006, titled Couple suing McDonald's says fries 'poison' to their child. In it, Palm Beach Post reports that:

Nearly every day for the past two years, Annie Chimiak's parents took her to a McDonald's restaurant near their Jupiter Farms home for the child's favorite food, a large order of french fries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Palm Beach Post.

Offended American 2

Johnston, IA

#21 May 19, 2006
Offended American wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me! Not all americans are overweight. Don't Generalize on a few (well a lot) of people's mistakes. otherwise it's just plain mean
I totally agree with you! That's really mean, Greg from Canada. I am not fat and neither is my friend, Offended American.
Dismay

Neenah, WI

#22 Jun 6, 2006
I used to work at a McDonald..terrible..disgusting ..needless to say I dont ever eat there...just be careful to those of you who do eat there....
McShit

UK

#23 Jun 7, 2006
visit www.mcshit.co.uk and join the forums
Kristen

AOL

#24 Jun 8, 2006
You people are stupid!! Mc Donalds shouldn't have to post a change in their ingredients when u go in there u should ask for a list of ingredients before you feed ur child!! When you go to any retaurant are there ingredients on the menus, no there are not so why would you assume that mc donalds does it too. If u have a problem with mcdonalds french fries buy a frier get some vegetable oil and frozen french fries and fry them yourself you big babies!! Anything you can buy at mcdonalds you can make in your own home. And don't complain that if you make tem at home they won't taste as good, because the ingredients that they put in their food are what makes it taste so good that people will buy it!! So stop arguing about it you babies. That person was stupid for giving there child an adult size order of french fries every day anyway, that means that their just to lazy to cook themselves.

Kristen
anti bigot

West Covina, CA

#25 Jun 17, 2006
Hey FAT HEAD, are you always this stupid or are you making a special effort today?
Brains aren't everything. In fact in your case they're nothing"
greg from canada wrote:
Ohh disregard my slander....I forgot I was talking to Americans...you'all just don't get it. over eaters anyway. piggy piggy pigs.
<quoted text>
Big Mac Attack

Chicago, IL

#26 Jun 27, 2006
greg from canada wrote:
Ohh disregard my slander....I forgot I was talking to Americans...you'all just don't get it. over eaters anyway. piggy piggy pigs.
<quoted text>
wow, so it shouldn't be a surprise the canadian made one ignorant comment followed by another.

Jackass remember you wouldn't be on the planet if you didn't "piggy" back of the Americans. Try that for food for thought.-hater
Nates Dad

United States

#27 Jul 5, 2006
Dont judge people too harshly. My son's diet is minimal at best. He eats canned fruit, bread and potato products. On the days that he will not eat any of those things what are you supposed to do as a parent, NOT feed him? Im sure the parents of that little girl would do anyting to not have to feed her FF every day. She probably feels like a horrible parent already. Personally i feel for her.
Sab

Scarborough, Canada

#28 Jul 9, 2006
Offended American wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me! Not all americans are overweight. Don't Generalize on a few (well a lot) of people's mistakes. otherwise it's just plain mean
Forgive my Canadian "friend" he's been recently taken off his meds....the frontal lobotomy is what did him in....sad really...
um k

AOL

#29 Aug 1, 2006
actually i would say the best place to get a burger and fries is.......... Back Yard Burger.. they ha ve 100% black angus beef and its good for you.:) if you want to eat real healthy at Back yard burger get the low carb. its like realllly low in carbs and its really good. Why not come here? its good for you and it taste better then mcds. What i think is that mostly kids want to go to mcdonalds for the toys and the fries.. last time i was in mcdonalds i saw how they seasoned they're fries and if you ask me its the sickest thing ive ever seen they poor like 3 pounds of salt on them per batch.
um k

AOL

#30 Aug 1, 2006
IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING SMART, DONT GO TO MCDONALDS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!
keith pearson UK

UK

#31 Oct 7, 2006
THIS COUPLE ARE LIKE PEOPLE WHO DRINK A BOTTLE OF SCOTCH AND SUE THE COMPANY FOR GETTING THEM DRUNK!
canada

Salem, MI

#32 Oct 8, 2006
why do people from a second rate place like Canada think they are so much better than everyone else ha ha
Danielle

Australia

#33 Oct 8, 2006
You people are stupid!! Mc Donalds shouldn't have to post a change in their ingredients when u go in there u should ask for a list of ingredients before you feed ur child!! When you go to any retaurant are there ingredients on the menus, no there are not so why would you assume that mc donalds does it too. If u have a problem with mcdonalds french fries buy a frier get some vegetable oil and frozen french fries and fry them yourself you big babies!! Anything you can buy at mcdonalds you can make in your own home. And don't complain that if you make tem at home they won't taste as good, because the ingredients that they put in their food are what makes it taste so good that people will buy it!! So stop arguing about it you babies. That person was stupid for giving there child an adult size order of french fries every day anyway, that means that their just to lazy to cook themselves.

Kristen

You have said it exactly like I thought it. People need to get of their asses and start cooking for their children instead of complaining about all the damage junk food has caused. They shouldn't be having all that junk in the first place.
Danielle

Australia

#34 Oct 8, 2006
Sorry, I don't know how to use the quote function!
Tasha

Bucharest, Romania

#35 Oct 10, 2006
Why everyone is blaming McDonald's or the other fast food restaurants?It is not their fault that the some people fill their children with french fries...It is being called iresponsability...
And to be perfectly honest, fast food restaurants do not offer only hamburgers and french fries...but also a lot of good and healthy stuffs, like different types of salads or natural juices. check it out http://www.infofastfood.com/ and see for yourself...
friend

AOL

#36 Oct 10, 2006
I think that french fry intake held no long term health affects to this child in question. I would think they would have to prove longer term damages more than the 72 hours it might take to leave the body. Many things "aggravated his symptoms" of autism and half I never know the answer's of why. Are people going to sue for them all? Sue grandma who feeds the child fries because she doesn't believe in all this diet interventions? I also think the article is very misleading about the GF/CF diet resulting in being able to mainstream a child. For one, I'd like to know what other interventions accompanied the diet and two: Inclusion is the law (LRE) in the USA. To say "In most cases elimination of gluten and casein from an autistic child's ..." and speaking about educational settings in the same paragraph can give many false hope. Altering my son's diet changed nothing of his behaviors, he still has autism and he is in Inclusion. The elimination of GF/CF for children with autism in most cases does not have any affect. The fact is it works for some and not others. And another fact is this is a class action, and when parent's use this diet, it is not doctor documenting to say there is a medical need for this diet. A class action, where's the proof? Anyone can then walk up and say "my son had the autism aggravated but french fries, I'm suing" and never have to prove a medical need or that they really were using such a diet for their child.
All places that serve food to the public should display their food contents, for the people it would more severely affect other than behavior issues and a more long term affect.
Ever wonder why, of all the families I speak to and work with, that very few children with autism are hooked on Burger King food or fries???
Oh My God

Kelowna, Canada

#37 Nov 28, 2006
Big Mac Attack wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, so it shouldn't be a surprise the canadian made one ignorant comment followed by another.
Jackass remember you wouldn't be on the planet if you didn't "piggy" back of the Americans. Try that for food for thought.-hater
Come on now Greg's comment doesn't make him an american hater, now you're the one that sounds nasty, let it go already. I'm sure Greg regrets his comment along time ago.
Moderation Man

Montgomery, AL

#38 Dec 8, 2006
Just to add my 2 cents to a meaningless argument. I grew up eating McDonalds (along with BILLIONS and BILLIONs of other patrons) and various other fast food eating establishments, I have rarely had any complaints. Sure, its not the best fuel for your body(everybody knows that,) but it tastes good and it is convienient. I also had plenty of home cooked meals, many including food that was grown in our own garden, or harvested from the local habitat(ironically, I've never been sick from fast food but had stomach aches plenty of times from eating to many wild blackberries :).)Very few complaints there either. I suspect that if a child was fed ANY food in the quantities and at the frequency which this child ate McDonalds french fries that they would likely have some kind of health issues develop. In the end, I think McDonalds SHOULD distribute accurate information so consumers who choose to use it can make informed descisions. On the other hand, People DO have a CHOICE about what they feed their children and how often they let them have "treats". 2 years (that's 730 days! or 17520 hours! or etc... etc...) is too long (in my opinion) to blame anyone but themselves for their childs health issues.
American in Australia

Australia

#39 Dec 30, 2006
I quite enjoy the flavor of McDonalads. That being said why do yummy things end up being so bad for you.
Overall I think it is important to remember that every action has a consequence. You can not blame others for your actions and it is wrong to look for a free ride by taking McD's to court because you can't be held responsible for your dietary habits. The government needs to be responsible for it's citizens health as well. The government should seriously look at the generally poor eating habits of its nation and take on a proactive roll to change said habits.
Ghandi once said - You must be the change you wish to see in others.
Good stuff if you ask me. Don't get caught in a spiral of complaining and then doing nothing rinse repeat...
MAKE A CHANGE,
JOHN
ur mom

Milton, FL

#41 Jan 30, 2007
wow thats so cah razy!

omg!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Allentown Fair's new contests and demonstrations 8 hr weapon X 3
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 8 hr P1025aris 9,262
News Gorgeous weather, cheesecake draw large crowd t... 10 hr Harry Bawls 2
News Three generations keep Milton dairy farm succes... 19 hr farms eh 1
News Shorty's Place changing ownership and management (Jul '14) Sat Big time 10
News What's Happening Fri guest 14
News America's First Meat-Free Fast-Food Restaurant ... Sep 21 CO MW Support Col... 2
More from around the web