Your 2 Cents' Worth: Sunday, Aug. 25,...

Your 2 Cents' Worth: Sunday, Aug. 25, 2013

There are 1 comment on the The Des Moines Register story from Aug 25, 2013, titled Your 2 Cents' Worth: Sunday, Aug. 25, 2013. In it, The Des Moines Register reports that:

<![CDATA[After reading all of the comments here about welfare recipients, it's pretty clear there are a lot of judgmental Neanderthals in Iowa. -- Telling it like it is Does anyone except me cringe when the word "veggies" is used for "vegetables?" Aspiring writers take note: Don't try to be cute or coy; the word is "vegetable," not "veggie." -- Now eat your broccoli What's the deal with all the empty farm fields? Are us broke taxpayers footing that bill? -- Broke at 50102 The Clive police chief says that the statistics on the unsafe red-light cameras are a small sample size. Isn't it the same sample size statistics that they sold us these scams on in the first place? -- The truth is out now I would like to thank the very nice gentleman who helped me Aug. 19 when I had a flat tire on Interstate Highway 35 south of the road construction. He changed my flat tire and calmed me down. I wish I would have gotten his name, but I was so panicked I forgot. Thank you for being such a good person! -- West Des Moines, IA Where are the jobs? In 2009, Exxon paid no taxes on $19 billion in profits, even getting $156 million back from the IRS. Chevron? No taxes on $10 billion in profits and it got $19 million back. ConocoPhillips and Valero did likewise. With essentially a negative corporate tax rate, where are the jobs? -- Trickle down doesn't work

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Des Moines Register.

“Allentown the all AmericanCity”

Since: Sep 07

Allentown, PA

#1 Sep 18, 2013
n 2011 the three oil giants paid more income tax than any other American corporation. ExxonMobil paid $27.3 billion in income tax, Chevron paid $17 billion, and ConocoPhillips paid $10.6 billion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slick Cups Announces A Sale To Celebrate Nation... 8 hr Kevn 1
Poll No smoking in Restaurants... (Oct '07) 9 hr Sneaky Pete 1,804
News The most technologically advanced country in th... (Jul '08) 16 hr Elizabethr 55
News Rep. McGovern, on a tour in Northbridge, touts ... 18 hr Empty Suits 1
taste of venice Thu Mona Day 1
Paleohacks cookbook review does the book useful? Thu Sarahxsc478 1
News Flipside Burger & Bar serves up burgers and fam... (Sep '09) Thu Norbert of Norview 4
More from around the web