Restaurant News: Saigon finds a new h...

Restaurant News: Saigon finds a new home, Windy City comes to M...

There are 7 comments on the story from Aug 27, 2008, titled Restaurant News: Saigon finds a new home, Windy City comes to M.... In it, reports that:

Saigon in St. Paul has found new digs - two blocks west from where it is now. It is going into the former Thai Bazil, also on University Avenue near Dale.

Join the discussion below, or

Will never eat at Saigon

United States

#1 Aug 28, 2008
They overcharged my families meal by an extra .50 for all orders and charged 15% grat for 2 people, and charge me 12 bucks for nothing. I did get 12 bucks back after the cashier couldn't explain how or why they charged 12 bucks.
Mustang Chef

Stockbridge, MI

#2 Aug 28, 2008
You could of had a Vietnam Stir fry instead.
&fe ature=user

Wayzata, MN

#3 Aug 28, 2008
Does anyone know what happend to the Saigon Star in Roseville? Do they have another location anywhere? I need my spring rolls and hot and sour soup.

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Sep 3, 2008
Good news for Saigon and Hell's Kitchen - two of my favorite places! I was hoping Saigon would find a place off of University Ave., however, so it wouldn't be hurt by havng the light rail shoved through there.

Too bad about the person being overcharged 50 cents; even at that the bill was probably two bucks cheaper than it would have been anywhere else. Oh well, more room for me and my family!

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Sep 22, 2008
Didn't that guy who's opening the new pizza place in Mendota Heights try opening a Windy City Pizza location in South St Paul a couple years back?
I know where it was, and ordered it a couple of times.
WOuld've ordered it more, but it was too spendy for what it was...very good, but not great enough to charge what they did.
Pretty sure their ads said they were a spin off of the WIndy City location in Seattle...
I'll try the new place, but hope it's not as expensive.

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Nov 14, 2008
Eileen, I've been missing Saigon Star, too. You're so right about their soup and spring rolls. Their pad thai was good, too.

Olive Branch, MS

#7 Dec 1, 2008
There was a note on the menu at Saigon that they were charging 50 cents more for every item due to increased food and transportation costs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why do egg rolls in Chicago taste like peanut b... Sat Boeboe The Patch 2
News Elkhart Wildflower Walks Each Saturday in April (Mar '17) Sat jimmy johnson 9
News Matthew McConaughey - Yes That Matthew McConaug... Sat tada 2
Mediterranean Pizza: Food Network Potion Fri Abishai100 1
News The oldest town in Texas beckons for an off-the... Fri pedro lopez garcia 8
News 'Fancy hot dog' and Frito pie maker Doggy Style... Mar 14 tomfatabq 1
News Eating out around the world but in Bing (Mar '09) Mar 14 Black Panther 4