Fla. man dies after being infected by...

Fla. man dies after being infected by bacteria from river

There are 2 comments on the CBS News story from Sep 30, 2013, titled Fla. man dies after being infected by bacteria from river. In it, CBS News reports that:

Henry "Butch" Konietzky, 59, died last Monday after being infected with Vibrio vulnificus , a bacteria that belongs in the same family as cholera that lives in warm, saltwater bodies, CBS affiliate WKMG in Orlando, Fla.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Joe

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 Oct 1, 2013
In comparison to the other articles that were written, this is a step up in information
Bill

Clearwater, FL

#2 Oct 2, 2013
Was down by the river the other day, been what a week or so since the 'Coastwatch Cleanup'? Well the soap foam washing up on shore and all the used plastic water bottles, beer cans, empty crack bags, Styrofoam bits, old fishing line & hooks, blunt wrappers, etc. should of given anyone a clue as to not go into the Halifax River without hip boots.

I haven't been in since the mid 70's.
The brown tinge to the water say's it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chick-fil-A too popular, Rockwall neighbors say... 1 hr biteme 4
taste of the eastside 22 hr Mona Day 1
News Is Chick-fil-A the best fast chicken sandwich? Sat FDA Inspector 38
News Stanley Council to decide fate of proposed biof... Sat Caped Crusader 1
News Sweet Poison Cupcake expands at Village Gate Fri The Art of the Co... 1
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) Apr 17 WATCHING LIVONIA 27
News White House mulls letting states require drug t... Apr 17 Penguin 16