Insomnia Research: Sleep Drug Safety Risks Vs. Natural Remedies

Apr 9, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: PR-inside.com

A new study from the University of Colorado at Boulder has found that people who take one of the world's most commonly prescribed sleep medicines are significantly more at risk for nighttime falls, potential injury, and memory impairment.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
EmBert

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2011

What a wonderful article! Ambien is a drug from hell and is much more dangerous than the article implies.

Sleep medications are not a fix at all, but only serves to make the problem worse. Taking sleep medications is like robbing Peter to pay Paul. You take it once, you think you sleep good, so you take it again...and again...and again. The next thing you know, you can't stop taking it because you don't sleep. Then you stop getting as much sleep, and you take more...and more...and more.

Then the day comes that you finally decide you can't take any more sleep medication because it not only doesn't help you sleep, but now you have developed numerous side effects, including anxiety, drugged feelings, pains here and there, and worse. So you quit.

Then, too late, you realize the horrible price you will have to pay for having taken sleep medicines. You will experience weeks of unpleasant withdrawals, and months of severe insomnia, anxiety, and other nasty symptoms. Your sleep will not return to normal for many months. Month after month of hellish insomnia and sleep deprivation.

Recover from extended usage of sleep medications can take over a year.

PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T TAKE ANY SLEEP MEDICATIONS! Find a doctor that can help you resolve your sleep problems. Avoid like the plague ANY doctor that wants to give you sleeping pills!

Look at the Ambien Withdrawal and Headaches message thread to see the hell ambien makes of peoples lives, and how utterly miserable they are when they quit taking it. You can find that thread right here on topix:

http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/ambien/T8MMMF ...

Look here for an excellent article on how damaging these drugs really are:

http://www.pointofreturn.org/health_connectio ...

People, ambien is a drug from *HELL*!. PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT!!!!
Jake

Landshut, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from XTOP24 .COM about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
Ross

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Canada Pharmacy ONLINEMEDOX .COM will always be the best pharmacy for me, whether I order prescription or non-prescription. Never failed me in delivery and quality of products.
Ella

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

I just today received my 4th from Xtop24 .COM , I think, order from them, and as always, am very happy with them! I'm a real person too, lol, I don't work for them, but I found this forum when looking for other people who take this drug. EMS shipping method, I get it in less than a week, and I swear the couple times I actually called to place an order versus online ordering, i got it quicker,like 2-3 days later. The tracking number and estimated delivery date has been 100% accurate so far, and customer service has been great. I even got a coupon for 20 bucks off of my last order through email, which I thought was an excellent thing to do for their customers! I'll continue using them as long as I have to!

Since: May 14

Jalandhar, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

Sleep disorder is basically in three types first don't sleep for whole night early wake up and not sleep after that and sleep at late night after take any pills etc.

thanks
Sandra

Singapore, Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2014

I absolutely agree! I've struggled with insomnia for a long time and I've tried plenty of sleeping pills and over-the-counter consumables. But there simply wasn't any point in them because I grew dependent on them, and the after-effects simply made me feel like death throughout the day.

The best way to cure insomnia or any similar sleeping disorder is to simply identify the root cause of it, reset your circadian rhythm, and live a healthier lifestyle.

http://www.insomnian.com offers plenty of articles that explain alternative, drug-free methods to curing your sleeping disorder.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Boys & Girls Club teens use their first harvest... 3 min Birds Landing Bob 1
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 1 hr Facefaceface 7,829
FREE hot dogs on National Hot Dog Day 3 hr Ha Ha 2
MSU Gets Anonymous $1 Million Gift For Gay Center 7 hr Holy Silicon Wafer 12
Rochester officially a 'Let's Move' city 8 hr Darlene 11
China seals McDonald's, KFC supplies after scandal 8 hr RayH 1
McDonald's, KFC operations in China affected by... 15 hr MatrixDecoder 3
•••
•••