Peppers Cafe chases green chile chees...

Peppers Cafe chases green chile cheeseburger history

There are 26 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jul 1, 2009, titled Peppers Cafe chases green chile cheeseburger history. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

One Mesilla restaurant is hoping its newest menu addition will be one for the record books - the world record books.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Zelda

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jul 2, 2009
My favoriter restaurant, and I'm ashamed of it. More wretched excess. More waste. More of what makes this country look shallow and frivolous to the rest of the undderfed world, many of which live in Dona Ana Couty! He should donate a portion of sales to Jardin de Ninos, which is in danger of shutting down. They feed and care for homeless children while their families look for work.
GO SHARKS

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Jul 2, 2009
Zelda wrote:
My favoriter restaurant, and I'm ashamed of it. More wretched excess. More waste. More of what makes this country look shallow and frivolous to the rest of the undderfed world, many of which live in Dona Ana Couty! He should donate a portion of sales to Jardin de Ninos, which is in danger of shutting down. They feed and care for homeless children while their families look for work.
Now that sounds like an award winning New Mexican burger to me! I can't wait to go and try it, although it's gonna take my husband and I both to finish it. Hope it makes it to the worlds record.
Fred

United States

#3 Jul 2, 2009
Actually, the burgers at Mallie's Sports Grill & Bar weigh almost 186 lbs and sell for $499, not $399.

Again with the incorrect info. Come on, Sun News! Ever heard of Google?
Simple.
http://www.malliesbar.com/

“"Booyakasha!"”

Since: Apr 09

Las Cruces

#4 Jul 2, 2009
18 bucks seems a bit high for a 1lb burger....
OMG

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Jul 2, 2009
That burger is bigger than his hat!
las cruces

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Jul 2, 2009
This is news?
Gus

Gallup, NM

#7 Jul 2, 2009
Zin a little wrote:
18 bucks seems a bit high for a 1lb burger....
Agreed! There is new restaurant in town, I think it is called the "Hod Rod Cafe", that serves a 3 lbs. burger with about 2 lbs of fries for 19.95 - free if you can eat it all by yourself in a half hour.
JNNM

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Jul 2, 2009
I can't believe it took all this time before someone tried for this record. Carrillo's Cafe should have done it. I know their burger is far better than any other in this valley for an independant that is!
Among You Soon

United States

#10 Jul 2, 2009
Can't wait to get my hands on one of these babies! Buddy does a mean meal and I like what I see here!! Viva the Double Eagle and stay thirsty my friends!

Since: Jan 09

Houston, TX

#11 Jul 2, 2009
Zelda wrote:
Oh please. That's his wont, as a restaurant owner. If he thinks that's where it's at, and his burger taste good and sells, then more power to him.
get real

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Jul 2, 2009
why would they think their burger is the largest available? when it clearly states in the article that theres one for sale already?
"According to Guinness World Records, the largest hamburger commercially available is served at Mallie's Sports Grill & Bar in Southgate, Mich. It weighs nearly 165 pounds and sells for $399."
get real

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Jul 2, 2009
Zelda wrote:
i agree 110%! why not help those who cant, not wont but cant, help themselves? in times like these people need to help each other.
Eaton Beaver

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jul 2, 2009
Dudes, just chill out. The earth is not going to stop because of this burger. What does a book store sell (books), what does a shoe store sell (shoes), what does a restaurant sell(food). So, last time I checked Peppers was and still is a food business.

If Peppers wants to make the worlds biggest Green Chile Cheeseburger then go for it! The clientele that purchase food from The Double Eagle and Peppers can afford to pay $18 and change for a burger. It's not their fault they can afford it. It's a novelty item on a menu. I think it's neat and I bet it tastes great. I wouldn't buy one for myself but I could definitely share one with a few buddies over some cold brew!

desertdawg

AOL

#16 Jul 2, 2009
I'd be pleased if they actually spent the time and energy to serve better quality food at Peppers and Double Eagle. Great wines, weak food. Thus, I go in the bar for a drink, but almost never to either restaurant. The dry aged steaks thing is pretty much BS...a steak costs a fortune and is no better than what one can get at any average steakhouse.

Since: Jan 09

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Jul 2, 2009
desertdawg wrote:
I'd be pleased if they actually spent the time and energy to serve better quality food at Peppers and Double Eagle. Great wines, weak food. Thus, I go in the bar for a drink, but almost never to either restaurant. The dry aged steaks thing is pretty much BS...a steak costs a fortune and is no better than what one can get at any average steakhouse.
It seems to me that there is a deficiency when it comes to high quality dining in the Las Cruces area. Your posts seem to back up my observation. I too have eaten mediocre food at DE. I've never had the Peppers version, but it looks like you have. I defer to your judgment, since you have proven to know a thing or two about restaurants.

Don't get me wrong: I'd love for this burger to be exemplary. I plan on going there in the next 2 weeks. But from what you've posted, I've set my expectations low.
enemas U

Las Cruces, NM

#19 Jul 3, 2009
the only thing good at DE is the liquid diet.
enemas u is right

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Jul 3, 2009
i tried this burger, really, and it made my digestive system produce something that smelled like kittycat doo only rotting. urk!
Among You Soon

United States

#21 Jul 7, 2009
desertdawg wrote:
Yea, what's-up with the steak thing? These have to be some of the most expensive steaks I have had the pleasure of eating! I also agree that the Cattleman has just as good for far less!! Maybe its that good-looking ceiling??
JNNM

Las Cruces, NM

#22 Jul 7, 2009
I hope your not talking about Cattleman's in Las Cruces.
Among You Soon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, what's-up with the steak thing? These have to be some of the most expensive steaks I have had the pleasure of eating! I also agree that the Cattleman has just as good for far less!! Maybe its that good-looking ceiling??

“"Booyakasha!"”

Since: Apr 09

Las Cruces

#23 Jul 7, 2009
Yeah, DE's steaks are entirely overrated, for my money I would rather walk a few doors down to La Posta and have their steak La Posta...its smothered in green chile - yum. Its probably one of the best steaks in town, and it wont break the bank.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lots of Wheat But Not Enough Protein Sends Buye... 2 hr Agent Orange - Co... 3
News 110-year-old lobster saved from dinner menu 8 hr Harry 10
News Judge Calls State Incompetent & in Contempt 15 hr justice is just a... 1
News Gwyneth Paltrow reveals her secret obsession wi... 16 hr murder inc 1
News Recipe Exchange: Recipes recall Shoney's specialty (Oct '07) Fri TmstrMick66 22
News What parents need to know about gummy vitamins Fri mar 1
News Mint Indian Bistro packs plenty of flavor into ... Jul 21 Heavy Fed 1
More from around the web