Go Meat' campaign's a - hoot'

Go Meat' campaign's a - hoot'

There are 9 comments on the Meatnews.com story from Apr 27, 2007, titled Go Meat' campaign's a - hoot'. In it, Meatnews.com reports that:

In the event any MeatNews readers have missed the following news, it bears repeating again....Hillshire Farm has launched an unconventional and truly new advertising campaign entitled "GO MEAT!" , that uses ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Meatnews.com.

Jimmy Largent

United States

#1 May 3, 2007
The office spot for Hillshire Farms salad mix is only fit for idiots. The rant should go " you're stupid , you're stupid , your mama says you're stupid " This commercial rates in the top 5 all time most pointless ever. The ad agency that came up with this drivel should fold their tents and quit.
Elaine Swanger

Saint Louis, MO

#2 May 17, 2007
The "Go Meat" campaign is tight, and hilarious. Unlikely, and successful at driving right to the brainstem. I love it.
Tom Rich

Wright City, MO

#3 May 18, 2007
The hillshire farms commercials are totally stupid & insulting to a normal thinking person! The one in the office is close to being scary with the freaky looking people in it! I hate to think how many millions were wasted on those go meat freak shows, hillshire would have made more money by lowering the price!! All companies need to stop thinking we are stupid sheep and stop paying sick-minded ad agencies millions!
Skyhawk

United States

#4 Jul 2, 2007
the lyric to one of the comercail is : GO meat meat go meat meat that salad rocksthe best make it easy at your desk it's second to none just add lettce and your done that's crazy girl i sware there is so much stuff in there ssssssalad ya! a meaty salad why? because you hungry you hungry your momma says you hungry when i say hillshire you say farm! Hillshire! FARM! GO MEAT! OR JUST GO TO HILLSHIREFARM.COM/ CLICK ON VEIW TV SPOTS AND CLICK NUMBER THREE
Skyhawk

United States

#5 Jul 2, 2007
and anouther one is : GO MEAT! go meat! I said a beef hot links! I said a beef hot links! I said a beef hot links! I said a beef hot links! i said a bright beef cobasa! hot smoke sausge tell the words!i said a bright beef cobasa! hot smoke sausge tell the words!when i say hillshire you say farm! Hillshire! FARM! GO MEAT! OR JUST GO TO HILLSHIREFARM.COM/ CLICK ON VEIW TV SPOTS AND CLICK NUMBER 1!
Val

Glendale Heights, IL

#6 Jul 6, 2007
Skyhawk wrote:
and anouther one is : GO MEAT! go meat! I said a beef hot links! I said a beef hot links! I said a beef hot links! I said a beef hot links! i said a bright beef cobasa! hot smoke sausge tell the words!i said a bright beef cobasa! hot smoke sausge tell the words!when i say hillshire you say farm! Hillshire! FARM! GO MEAT! OR JUST GO TO HILLSHIREFARM.COM/ CLICK ON VEIW TV SPOTS AND CLICK NUMBER 1!
ACTUALLY, the words are:
Go meat! Go meat! I said a beef hot links!(4x)
I said a brat, beef kielbasa, hot smoked sausage, cheddarwurst!(2x)
When I say Hillshire, you say farm!
Hillshire!
Farm!
Go Meat!
Zcat

United States

#7 Jul 20, 2007
These people in the ads look like many of us who do the grocery buying for a family. Overweight and loving our meat. They don't look like madison ave or hollywood faces so I like them. What's more they are lively and do not have high expectations. The detractors her could well be vegetarians who relaize this really takes the punch out of their recruiting opportuntities. It works. GO MEAT!
I am ususally insulted by commercials trying to inform me of half truths about their washer, tv, car, insurance or whatever. Some are too flip (animateds) and too much fun although I see the younger crowd are entertained. These HF ads are just backyard settings and I can see my neighbors and I goofing it up and spinning new chants for our baseball team and track team from these Hillsire Farm chants. Dumb? Yes. Fun? Even more after it plays out. This ad campaign will grow legs and last a long time. I am a big Johnsonville brat fan, but I am going to go buy some Hillshire Farm stock today. These guys got the fun first. If only some organic nitrite free sausagemaker could be so happy and foot-loose.
zcat
kermit

Cleveland, OH

#8 Aug 12, 2007
I love this commercial but no advertisement will ever get me to go out and buy a product. Even when Miller was running that lame President of beers bit, I still drank MGD.
jen

Fredonia, NY

#9 Jan 29, 2009
I just re discovered these ads and the message board here. I think these are brilliant. The jingles are so damn catchy. I agree with Kermit that no ad is going to make me buy a product I'm totally not interested in. BUT, when I'm at the grocery store looking a prepackaged lunch meat, scanning the case....hmmmm HILLSHIRE FARMS! GO MEAT! and into my cart goes the Hillshire Farms product over the Sara Lee or who ever else sells the same stuff. The ad does it's job. Hillshire Farms sells meat, yep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jacobs & Brichford Introduces Two New Cheeses a... 38 min Eddie 3
News Tyler police investigating aggravated robbery e... 1 hr Elise Gingerich 1
News Recipe: Pumpkin soup with coconut, lemongrass a... 2 hr Elise Gingerich 1
News Lack of capital tough on young farmers 6 hr FarmerTed 2
News Can you legitimately be addicted to a certain f... 11 hr hello 1
News Blue Jacket cheese wins at 2016 Ohio State Fair Fri unkle felix 1
News Pontotoc County cook stresses importance of fam... Fri Bad health habits 1
More from around the web