Paula Deen Under Fire: How Many Millions Is the N-Word Scandal Going to Cost Her?

Jun 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Republic

With the Food Network's announcement that it would not be renewing its contract with the Paula's Home Cooking star, along with QVC distancing itself from the celebrity chef and Smithfield Foods cutting ties with her altogether after she admitted to past use of the N-word and other hurtful remarks, it would seem that Deen's culinary empire is ... (more)

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Lotus Keener

Mount Airy, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

I'm a 55 yr old mother and homemaker, I have bought your products for as long as I can remember. As of today I will no longer purchase any of your products. As a matter of fact I have a spiral ham I will return to the store today. You do have the right to drop Mrs. Deen and I also have the right not to buy your products ever again!
Amos

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Lotus, did you say you will NEVER BUY QVC, SMITHFIELD FOODS OR FOOD NETWORK products again? So you are going to BOYCOT QVC, SMITHFIELD FOODS AND FOOD NETWORK products wherever they are sold? Wow! That would be a serious reaction if everybody participated with you in a BOYCOT OF QVC, SMITHFIELD FOODS AND FOOD NETWORK products. Do you think those companies made those calculations?
Cat74

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Of course they didn't make those calculations. Liberals react never act. Lotus is just one of millions who will boycott QVC, Smithfield, and Food Network. Their magazine will go down the tube. Smithfield is owned by China, and QVC will probably make it with lazy people willing to buy anything at any price if they can sit on the couch, and do it.
wondering

Pontotoc, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

We have all said things in the past that we should not have said.If we all had to answer for them now we would be in trouble.Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.I have bought very little Smithville Products ,but I sure will not buy them now ,until Smithville changes their minds about dropping Paula Deen.
Cat74

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Ah, but have you said things that offend people, like lazy people who will never have anything while you worked 16 days making an empire? Personally, I don't use the N word, but I have freedom of speech, and I have every right to say it if I choose. All the narrow minded liberals have done is make Paula more popular then ever. Last week I went to the book store, and found 2 of Paula's books I didn't have, and bought them yesterday I subscribed to her magazine. I already have one of the Deen boys cookbooks, but I am sure there will be more.
wondering

Pontotoc, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

What about a right to have something ,like healthcare ,dental care, preschool,cheap housing,free food, obamaphone,prenatal care ,and the list goes on,on,on,and on.Who is going to keep working to pay for all this.I've worked from the age of 12 to this day and I am nearly 70.Never got anything from the government ,but a ss check of less than 500 dollars a month.Too many people wanting too much for doing nothing.
Sick of it

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

I'm so sick of paying for slavery over 100 years ago I did not own a slave nor should I be labeled as someone who did. Unless you know someone who owns or did own a slave and is still alive get over it! Is bet racist what if there was a wet would it be racism
What about the national negro college foundation. There is not a national white College foundation
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

If we have to pay for slavery we should at least get a house cleaner out of it free. We have a house cleaner. She is from south America, and she works her butt off. Of course she is well paid, and has Social security. She buys her own Health insurance. I wouldn't want a slave, a stranger in my house. But I do think we are doing people a disservice when we pay them to lay around doing nothing for their freebies.
Cb can see both sides

Holden, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Ah, but have you said things that offend people, like lazy people who will never have anything while you worked 16 days making an empire? Personally, I don't use the N word, but I have freedom of speech, and I have every right to say it if I choose. All the narrow minded liberals have done is make Paula more popular then ever. Last week I went to the book store, and found 2 of Paula's books I didn't have, and bought them yesterday I subscribed to her magazine. I already have one of the Deen boys cookbooks, but I am sure there will be more.
Just as you have freedom of speech, those who disagree with her actions have the right of association - or in her case - the lack of association.
"Sometimes when you dance you have to pay the fiddler."
Serina

Yorba Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Funny that Walmart will excommunicate Ms. Deen but still continues to sell trash like "Fifty Shades of Gray." We're boycotting those hypocrites.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••