Why is Miguels Jr. The Most Popular Mexican Restaurant in South Corona, California?

There are 31 comments on the Associated Content story from Feb 3, 2010, titled Why is Miguels Jr. The Most Popular Mexican Restaurant in South Corona, California?. In it, Associated Content reports that:

When it comes to fast food, there are dozens of options in my town. When I'm in the mood for burgers I'll head to In N Out, and when I want chicken I might head to KFC.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
a-kid

Northridge, CA

#1 Feb 3, 2010
I love miguel's, but hate how they don't give you enough hot sauces. oh and the drive thru is always packed, worse than In & out.
Buttmeat Jenkins

Irvine, CA

#2 Feb 4, 2010
Miguel's is good...a little overrated in my opinion. Their hot sauce blows.
a-kid

Northridge, CA

#4 Feb 5, 2010
Buttmeat Jenkins wrote:
Miguel's is good...a little overrated in my opinion. Their hot sauce blows.
Well then whats the better place to go?
Buttmeat Jenkins

North Hollywood, CA

#5 Feb 5, 2010
a-kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then whats the better place to go?
Don't get me wrong, I like Miguel's and I eat their a few times a month. I just find it to be a tad overrated based on how most others feel about their food.

El Torerro is pretty good but it doesn't have a drive thru.
a-kid

Northridge, CA

#6 Feb 5, 2010
Buttmeat Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong, I like Miguel's and I eat their a few times a month. I just find it to be a tad overrated based on how most others feel about their food.
El Torerro is pretty good but it doesn't have a drive thru.
Actually Wahoo's Fish Tacos is pretty dam good.
The Bank

AOL

#7 Feb 5, 2010
a-kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Wahoo's Fish Tacos is pretty dam good.
Im so tired of hearing about Mexican food. What about Lampost Pizza?
a-kid

Northridge, CA

#8 Feb 6, 2010
The Bank wrote:
<quoted text>Im so tired of hearing about Mexican food. What about Lampost Pizza?
What about lampost? Thought they were closing down. I thought you used to fart on the pizza?
sms

Stockton, CA

#9 Feb 7, 2010
love it very much. I cannot believe that someone has stated that they do not give enough hot sauce....Maybe, I am very special there and get more then enough everytime I go there....
The best is the chile relleno burrito---remember no RICE....por favor.I have been going there ever since the first one opened on 6th and Lincoln St.PEACE OUT!!! Walking down from the Corona High School for lunch was the best...LOVE you "Miguels"
sms

Stockton, CA

#10 Feb 7, 2010
I love You Jose as much as I love Meguels Jr.
JACKSON

Pico Rivera, CA

#11 Feb 8, 2010
Rancho Taco Shop on River Road and 2nd Street is the place!!
CORONA CONCERNED CITIZEN

Corona, CA

#12 Feb 9, 2010
WELL I CAN SAY HAT MIGUEL'S IS ALRIGHT IT RATES UP THERE WITH DEL TACO MIGUELS LACKS GOOD HOT SAUCE AND TOMATOES ON THEIR TACOS AND TOSTADAS. IF YOU WANT GOOD MEXICAN TAKE OUT TRY SUPER TACOS. BUT IF YOU WANT THE BEST MEXICAN TAKE OUT GIVE " EL TORERO " ON THIRD AND RAMONA IN CORONA A TRY. IT HAS THE SAME RECIPE'S SINCE THE 60'S IT HAS CHANGED HANDS A COUPLE OF TIME IN THE 80'S AND MOST OF THE 90'S TO THE MACIAS FAMILY. AND IN THE FIRST HALF OF THE 2000'S TO ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL WHERE IT LOST CUSTOMERS BECAUSE OF CHEAP INGREDIENTS. BUT HERE IN THE LAST YEAR AND A HALF TO TWO YEARS A NEW OWNER HAS TAKEN OVER. AND I MUST SAY THE FOOD HAS REALLY IMPROVED BACK TO THE OLD RECIPE'S THAT MR. JOE BRAULIO CERVANTES FIRST INCORPORATED WHEN HE FIRST OPENED THE EL TORERO.THE EL TORERO USE'S REAL MEAT NOT GROUND ROUND (hamburger meat). AND THE HOT SALSA IS TO DIE FOR, AND THEY CARRY A BURRITO CALLED THE ORIGINAL BURRORELLENO. THE BURRORELLENO IS A COMPLETE MEAL IN A TORTILLA INVENTED BY THE ORIGINAL OWNER MR CERVANTES . IT IS A BEAN AND SHEREDED MEAT EITHER PORK OR BEEF COOKED IN A SPECIAL SAUCE AND A CHILE RELLENO ALL IN A FLOUR TORTILLA. YES IT MAY BE 2010 BUT THE FOOD IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS IT WAS IN THE 1960'S. I SAY IT IS THE BEST TAKE OUT MEXICAN FOOD IN CORONA BUT YES THE ONE THING THEY NEVER IMPLEMENTED WAS A DRIVE THRU. I BELIEVE THAT GOES BACK TO WHEN MR. CERVANTES LIKED GIVING THAT PERSONAL SERVICE AND TALKING TO OLD FRIENDS AND CUSTOMERS. YOU CAN ALSO EAT IN I GIVE EL TORERO A NUMERO UNO #1 MEXICAN TAKE OUT IN CORONA!!!
oc resident

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Feb 9, 2010
haha i drive all the way from huntington beach just too eat miguels
sheet

Riverside, CA

#14 Mar 26, 2010
i want the recipe for the "famous hot sauce" it is so basic vinegar tomatoes red pepper, but damn it tastes great.
Mexican Food Lover

Corona, CA

#15 Mar 27, 2010
O wow I took that advice and tried the El Torero restaurant. And let me say thank you it was great. The hot sauce was hot and tasty and the food some of the best I ever tasted. I'm hooked now and its been close by all this time.
miguels since the 80s

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Mar 29, 2010
miguels is some good ass eating..i tell people u dont know corona till youve eaten at miguels..og bean n cheese burritos, or BRC burritos..every now and then they fk up but its still good....what about Tudys
Beaner and rice

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Mar 30, 2010
its all abut Tudys aka the toods aka always a drunk guy there.

nothing beats tudys in price, taste and quantity
Unbreakable

Hemet, CA

#18 Mar 31, 2010
Albertos is the best, miguels is in between taco bell and Albertos in terms of grub.
Making Me Hungry

Corona, CA

#19 Apr 1, 2010
Ok seems like all my friends have a opinion. So here's mine Trudy's is very good but I think El Torrero is the best. Sorry but it was pretty close and yes that burrorelleno and the combination burrito with that great hot sauce.Trudy's had me for quite a while but now I think I'll vote for El Torrero. Trudy's gets a 9, El Turrero gets a 10
Big Daddy

Corona, CA

#21 Jun 21, 2011
Miguel's Jr is Yummy. I LOVE Miguels. Jr. I loved when I Eat Bean Rice and Cheese Burrito on Monday's and Friday's and Bean and Cheese Burrito on Wednesday Back in 7th Grade. When I entered 8th Grade, I Was Suprised that My School Don't SERVE Miguels Jr. Anymore. IT SUCKED!. I ate my school's Bean and Cheese Burrito and Tasted NASTY and FAKE. On the First Day of 9th Grade(High School) I tried their Bean Rice and Cheese Burrito and Tasted Awful. I WISH THE DISTRICT BRING BACK MIGUELS. Miguel's Jr Burritos and Beans and Rice are VERY GOOD!!!
Mexicano

Corona, CA

#22 Aug 17, 2011
People got to be kidding me Miguels is not real Mexican food
IM 100% Mexican my parents do not speak English so believe me when I tell you that Miguels is not real authentic Mexican food
On a scale from 1to 10 I would rate Miguels A 7 1/2
If you want real Mexican food try Tudy's next door to Miguels, Super TACO on Main St , Taco Lucas on Lincoin St or Tamazzulas in Norco 2nd st

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News VFW urges peace officers to not let criticism d... 16 hr cops are psychopaths 1
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) Sat paige 8,975
News Dickey's Barbecue Pit Fri Dominiqe 1
News Hampden's Alchemy opening restaurant in Bel Air Fri Whiny1 1
News U.S. Gives $7 Bil in Food Benefits to "Ineligib... May 22 ronnie 15
News Pi, Pie or both? The choice is yours this Pi Day May 21 Dan B 17
News Relieve Your Stress (Dec '09) May 20 antoniaweldin 9
More from around the web