Original Pizza Pucks rolls back into Vacaville

Jan 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Reporter

Looks like the warm, gooey goodness of the "pizza puck," born and bred in Vacaville, will be staging a comeback.

Comments
61 - 76 of 76 Comments Last updated Aug 21, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Granny Loves Beof

Oakland, CA

#62 Feb 21, 2013
So, is Pizza Pucks going to save money by adding horse meat to it's sauce?
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#63 Feb 21, 2013
Maybe they should consider opening in texas instead?

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#64 Feb 21, 2013
Pizza Time wrote:
<quoted text>Let me help you all out, I can see you have never built anything in Vacaville! I have been involved in numerous building projects in this town and it always takes longer than any other place I have ever dealt with. And I heard that the city is trying to also add an SI Fee of around 30K when that has been paid by previous developers. IV seen restaurants take up to a year to get built in this town, its ridicules. And as far as the location? Pizza Pucks draws and it's almost impassable to get a location with a drive thru in Vacaville. Soooo, don't be so quick to judge someone or something you know nothing about. Unless of course you own successful restaurants yourself?
You don't have to own a successful restaurant to see that every business at that location has failed miserably.
Tammy G

Kent, WA

#65 Feb 21, 2013
Where others have failed, Pizza Pucks will Succeed!! You can buy coffee anywhere... But you can only get pizza pucks in one place.. There food is amazing. They will do just fine. Can't wait tell its open.:)

Since: Aug 10

Vacaville, CA

#66 Feb 23, 2013
Pizza Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you all out, I can see you have never built anything in Vacaville! I have been involved in numerous building projects in this town and it always takes longer than any other place I have ever dealt with. And I heard that the city is trying to also add an SI Fee of around 30K when that has been paid by previous developers. IV seen restaurants take up to a year to get built in this town, its ridicules. And as far as the location? Pizza Pucks draws and it's almost impassable to get a location with a drive thru in Vacaville. Soooo, don't be so quick to judge someone or something you know nothing about. Unless of course you own successful restaurants yourself?
I know of about three locations in Vacaville with drive thru facilities that are vacant right now. I've seen quite a few retaurants built in this town from the ground up and none have taken anywhere near a year.

I do not personally own any restaurants but I do know people that do who are quite successful.

I stand be my assertions that if Pizza Pucks was such a great and fabulous enterprise then why did they go belly up once already and if that location is so wonderful then why has every eatery that tried it failed miserably?

Vacaville, CA

#67 Feb 23, 2013
Tammy G wrote:
Where others have failed, Pizza Pucks will Succeed!! You can buy coffee anywhere... But you can only get pizza pucks in one place.. There food is amazing. They will do just fine. Can't wait tell its open.:)
Then tell us why they failed before.

Concord, CA

#68 Apr 17, 2013
Tammy G wrote:
I went by there today and there is some construction activity going on. It may happen.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#69 Apr 18, 2013
Craving Pizza now. Think I'll go to Mountain Mike's on Alamo for the lunch buffet special......
Pizza Time

Vacaville, CA

#71 Jul 30, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
I don't recall even hearing of Pizza Pucks. I do remember Pepperoni's Pizza, right in front of Nunn's Bro's though. They made a good pizza.
That's funny. Same owners, Pepperoni's Pizza & Pizza Pucks.:)
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#72 Jul 30, 2013
Rumor has it, the initial rush is over and they are already struggling; cutting back on staff and ingredients and such....

Can anyone confirm this either way????

Perhaps some discount coupons in the local mailers may help....

When the high school starts back up, maybe the lunch crowd will carry them through.....
Max

Walnut Creek, CA

#73 Jul 30, 2013
A Thought wrote:
Rumor has it, the initial rush is over and they are already struggling; cutting back on staff and ingredients and such....
Can anyone confirm this either way????
Perhaps some discount coupons in the local mailers may help....
When the high school starts back up, maybe the lunch crowd will carry them through.....
The stringent rules of Obama Care will spell out the end of small businesses such as Pizza Pucks.

Perhaps if the Federal Government takes over...

Kent, WA

#74 Jul 31, 2013
Pizza Time wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. Same owners, Pepperoni's Pizza & Pizza Pucks.:)
So they have already gone out of business twice and are still going to try again.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#76 Aug 19, 2013
They may do ok after all. I was downtown this weekend and overheard some high school kids say they call in their lunch order before their lunch period and it's ready when they get there.

Kent, WA

#78 Aug 20, 2013
A Thought wrote:
They may do ok after all. I was downtown this weekend and overheard some high school kids say they call in their lunch order before their lunch period and it's ready when they get there.
Anytime I have been by there around lunch time the parking lot is nearly empty.
Arch

Laguna Niguel, CA

#80 Aug 20, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime I have been by there around lunch time the parking lot is nearly empty.
I feel sorry for you Bob. You are one evil pr*ck .

Kent, WA

#81 Aug 21, 2013
Arch wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you Bob. You are one evil pr*ck .
My evilness doesn't make this dumps parking lot empty, their substandard food and service does.

No need to feel sorry for me, I am quite. Happy and comfortable and I don't reside in a old geezer compound in Laguna Niguel. That is the location of the worlds first and largest seizure world community isn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KKK uses candies, fliers in national recruitmen... 48 min Cricket 23 4
Fear of French fries 49 min charlesakinney 1
East Bay Teacher Tweets About Wanting to Stab H... 55 min News junkie 1
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 1 hr bady 8,114
What's your favorite dessert? 4 hr gimmy 21
Conservatives in a huff over immigration 10 hr wild child 2
More school districts consider free meals for all 11 hr reendoga 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••