Original Pizza Pucks rolls back into Vacaville

Jan 26, 2013 Full story: The Reporter 76

Looks like the warm, gooey goodness of the "pizza puck," born and bred in Vacaville, will be staging a comeback.

Full Story
Pizza Time

Vacaville, CA

#21 Feb 5, 2013
They are definitely still opening soon..you can go to this link for more info.

http://www.facebook.com/PizzaPucks
Amber

Kent, WA

#22 Feb 5, 2013
So good to hear Pizza Pucks will be coming back! They've got amazing food and they are family owned! Great place to take the kids.
Triaha

United States

#23 Feb 5, 2013
I can't wait for Pizza Pucks to open Best Pucks around. And so happy that they are opening in our hometown where they started Vacaville!!!!!!!
Adam Lambert

Benicia, CA

#24 Feb 5, 2013
Shills!
Sally

Brentwood, CA

#25 Feb 5, 2013
Being the pizza lover that I am...I am excited to see The Original Pizza Puck is re-opening in Vacaville. This unique delicious treat is a must have for lunch or dinner...meatball sandwich was another one of my favorites! Welcome back OPP!
Adam Lambert

Benicia, CA

#26 Feb 5, 2013
Shill! Free advertising, masquerading as consumer compliments!
Pizza Time

Vacaville, CA

#27 Feb 5, 2013
Adam Lambert wrote:
The name is a turn-off.
So that just tells me you have never tried one? Not to mention it won best pizza in Vacaville, Vallejo, concord and Sacramento 3 years in a row.. 2004-2006... You should try it some time..:)

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#28 Feb 5, 2013
Adam Lambert wrote:
Shill! Free advertising, masquerading as consumer compliments!
I was thinking the same thing haha
Adam Lambert

Benicia, CA

#29 Feb 5, 2013
Pizza Time wrote:
<quoted text>
So that just tells me you have never tried one? Not to mention it won best pizza in Vacaville, Vallejo, concord and Sacramento 3 years in a row.. 2004-2006... You should try it some time..:)
No, I havenít. Thanks for the recommendation.
Lunch mom

Vacaville, CA

#30 Feb 5, 2013
Who remembers when Wendy's was in that building?
John

Concord, CA

#31 Feb 6, 2013
Glad to see the return of a Vacaville original treat, not excited about the location nothing survives there and with Pizza Pucks past history and inability to maintain a profitable business I feel they'll be popular upon return but fade fast because of the location and lack of positive exposure in the area. Nothing to draw you to this location like many other food establishments in town. Don't get me wrong I will definitely get me some Pizza Pucks but not often because there out of the way and plenty of restaurants closer to my location near vacaville shopping. Should have taken the KFC location that has been vacated great location and drive thru.
Terre

Vacaville, CA

#32 Feb 6, 2013
It's about time. The food is so good. Can't wait til it opens. Hurry it up please!!!&#128512;&#12 8512;&#128512;

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#33 Feb 6, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
They may know it, they just can't afford it. How bad can the demographic be when even the Elephant Bar pulled out?
Interesting assumption. Elephant Bar stopped all expansion everywhere for financial reasons, not because of our demographic. Same thing happened with Fuzio Universal Pasta/Bistro wanting to lease the space across from Fenton's in Nut Tree. The sign was up saying they were coming, but they were forced to pull out and even had to close some locations including their spot in Davis and at least two in SF.

That being said, many other restaurants most assuredly have decided not to come to Vacaville because of the demographic. I know lots of folks who have the money to spend, but choose to drive 25 minutes to Napa to eat at a real restaurant. If we had more high-end dining in town, I'm sure they would frequent more local establishments.

Here's hoping that increased employment in recent years by Kaiser and State Fund will make them reconsider, and that our economic development committee chooses to actually pursue some restaurants worth dining in. With construction loans currently as low as 3.5%, it just makes sense for restaurants to start expanding again. We just need to give them a reason to come here.

Since: Aug 10

Kent, WA

#34 Feb 6, 2013
VacaBulldog04 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting assumption. Elephant Bar stopped all expansion everywhere for financial reasons, not because of our demographic. Same thing happened with Fuzio Universal Pasta/Bistro wanting to lease the space across from Fenton's in Nut Tree. The sign was up saying they were coming, but they were forced to pull out and even had to close some locations including their spot in Davis and at least two in SF.
That being said, many other restaurants most assuredly have decided not to come to Vacaville because of the demographic. I know lots of folks who have the money to spend, but choose to drive 25 minutes to Napa to eat at a real restaurant. If we had more high-end dining in town, I'm sure they would frequent more local establishments.
Here's hoping that increased employment in recent years by Kaiser and State Fund will make them reconsider, and that our economic development committee chooses to actually pursue some restaurants worth dining in. With construction loans currently as low as 3.5%, it just makes sense for restaurants to start expanding again. We just need to give them a reason to come here.
I also drive to Napa or Sacramento to go to a decent restaurant on a regular basis. A friend of mine owns a couple of restaurants in Sacramento and he still feels the demographic is still not worthy of even a mid scale establishment.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#35 Feb 6, 2013
There isn't a decent steakhouse around.

No... Outback or Tahoe Joe's are chain slop.
Cattleman's went down the tubes since they went to Harris Ranch Beef. Buckhorn went down the tubes years ago....

My Kingdom for a Good Steakhouse!

Kent, WA

#36 Feb 6, 2013
A Thought wrote:
There isn't a decent steakhouse around.
No... Outback or Tahoe Joe's are chain slop.
Cattleman's went down the tubes since they went to Harris Ranch Beef. Buckhorn went down the tubes years ago....
My Kingdom for a Good Steakhouse!
Cattleman's was never too good anyway, but. What happened to the Buckhorn? I haven't been ther in years since they're not open for lunch and haven't had too many. Out of towners visit for a whie.

Texas Roadhouse is not real bad but take the trip to the Rutherford Grille for a good ribeye.(Tip, ask for bones for the dogs too, they're not on the menu any more but they are the prime rib bones and free to take home for the hounds).
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#37 Feb 6, 2013
Rutherford is outstanding, but a little farther to be "around" here; for me anyway. Rutherford is A#1.

Buckhorn went to pot when they started expanding storefronts and updating the menu... It seems as if they sold and the family is not involved, or... They tried to get trendy... Regardless, I'll pass on Buckhorn anymore.

Not a big fn of TX Roadhouse, but if you're buying I'll go.
:-)

ps: I see some don't care for our comments in this matter.... I'm gonna cry over a nice cold one!
Wade of the Redwoods

San Francisco, CA

#38 Feb 6, 2013
I am most certainly not a "shill" as the extremely negative Adam Lambert writes about people who liked and want to see back in business Pizza Pucks restaurants. Hopefully this is just the first of many more to come. Here's to the successful re-launch of a great idea!
Jamie Pitner

Oakland, CA

#39 Feb 7, 2013
Pizza Picks are the best bite of pizza in town. I cant wait for them to come back

Kent, WA

#40 Feb 7, 2013
Wade of the Redwoods wrote:
I am most certainly not a "shill" as the extremely negative Adam Lambert writes about people who liked and want to see back in business Pizza Pucks restaurants. Hopefully this is just the first of many more to come. Here's to the successful re-launch of a great idea!
If it was a "great idea" then it would still be around and wouldn't have gone under in the first place.

If you are "of the Redwoods" why is your ISP location in union city?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 34 min Facefaceface 8,275
What Foods Russians May Miss Thanks to Putin's Ban 2 hr Here Is One 206
Five Oakland Restaurants with Outdoor Patios to... 4 hr QMBG 1
'Popcorn Capital of the World' losing its histo... 6 hr Big Willy 2
A local's guide to the best eating and drinking... 15 hr Just Saying 2
Johnson's White Bear undergoes transformation 15 hr zelder 1
Why is Miguels Jr. The Most Popular Mexican Res... (Feb '10) 19 hr colorado 30
•••

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE