Undercover at a retirement community

Nov 2, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

I have experience with retirees. I adore them because as a teenager they showed me where to find the Fountain of Youth.

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Nov 11, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2011

This ad for some San Diego gated (restricted) development is silly. I have lived in Sun City for some years and I can say that it is not my idea of a high crime area. I do see some of the classic signs of a crime district, such as bars on some windows, but that sort of thing is so out of the norm that it probably just tells you something about where those folks retired from.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2011

laojim wrote:
This ad for some San Diego gated (restricted) development is silly. I have lived in Sun City for some years and I can say that it is not my idea of a high crime area. I do see some of the classic signs of a crime district, such as bars on some windows, but that sort of thing is so out of the norm that it probably just tells you something about where those folks retired from.
YEP, my 15 winter here just one problem all those years.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2011

Taxpayer for years wrote:
<quoted text>YEP, my 15 winter here just one problem all those years.
Yup, just as long as they keep piling up I have no real complaint.
J W Simms

Fountain Hills, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2011

laojim wrote:
Well now "laojim"] you can just bend over and kiss Sheriff Joe Arpiaos' sweet ass for keeping you and your's safe,also you can kick Obamas black ass for doing nothing in that regard. J.W. Simms.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2011

J W Simms wrote:
<quoted text>Well now "laojim"] you can just bend over and kiss Sheriff Joe Arpiaos' sweet ass for keeping you and your's safe,also you can kick Obamas black ass for doing nothing in that regard. J.W. Simms.
I sometimes wonder what makes you such an unpleasant fool. Remember, I'm the one who got the front page apology from Sheriff Joe, so he can kiss my little bumpa.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
I sometimes wonder what makes you such an unpleasant fool. Remember, I'm the one who got the front page apology from Sheriff Joe, so he can kiss my little bumpa.
Wasn't that whole mess with the grandma's due to some Posse member that thought he might be a real cop?
BobEnglandYorksh ire

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

That whole posse business is nothing but a joke. It's a PR move by Joe and nothing more. Just a bunch of geezers with pee stained pants driving around trying not to get lost.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

<quoted text>Wasn't that whole mess with the grandma's due to some Posse member that thought he might be a real cop?
I think that was the essence of the matter. The man who approached us was, in fact, a deputy sheriff, but he was acting as a posse member. What he said to us was one lie after another, claiming it was a residential area, that there had been accidents on that corner when we were there, and so on. We would have been less annoyed if he had not claimed powers that outside of the constitution (prior restraint and so forth) outside of the mandate of the posse, and a remarkable claim that he was responding to a complaint which he had to keep secret. All nonsense. In other situation this sort of bum's rush could be quite dangerous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that was the essence of the matter. The man who approached us was, in fact, a deputy sheriff, but he was acting as a posse member. What he said to us was one lie after another, claiming it was a residential area, that there had been accidents on that corner when we were there, and so on. We would have been less annoyed if he had not claimed powers that outside of the constitution (prior restraint and so forth) outside of the mandate of the posse, and a remarkable claim that he was responding to a complaint which he had to keep secret. All nonsense. In other situation this sort of bum's rush could be quite dangerous.
Hope they got rid of him

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

BobEnglandYorkshire wrote:
That whole posse business is nothing but a joke. It's a PR move by Joe and nothing more. Just a bunch of geezers with pee stained pants driving around trying not to get lost.
Well you are not very well informed on what services those pea stained pants people do. Possibly you should look into their services to Sun City or Sun City West before you make your remarks.
Sun City Resident

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't your "front page apology" enough?
J W Simms

Fountain Hills, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anything about a front page apology but I do know that an ungrateful fool goes down hard. May your illegal Mexican friends stab you in the back with your own garden shears. J.W. Simms.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

J W Simms wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know anything about a front page apology but I do know that an ungrateful fool goes down hard. May your illegal Mexican friends stab you in the back with your own garden shears. J.W. Simms.
Dear Mr. Simms:

You are stupid and boring. You have yet to write anything worth reading. Best of luck.

Sincerely, L.J.
J W Simms

Fountain Hills, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Mr. Simms:
You are stupid and boring. You have yet to write anything worth reading. Best of luck.
Sincerely, L.J.
Go back up to 99th and Bell and play with the Granny's you doddering old Bastard, maybe the next deputy will throw your worthless, illegal Mexican loving ass in the slammer where it belongs. J.W. Simms.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

J W Simms wrote:
<quoted text>Go back up to 99th and Bell and play with the Granny's you doddering old Bastard, maybe the next deputy will throw your worthless, illegal Mexican loving ass in the slammer where it belongs. J.W. Simms.
Simms, do I gather you don't like this person?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

<quoted text>Simms, do I gather you don't like this person?
He seethes with feckless venom. I have no idea why. It's like having a drunk on your corner. My little cross to bear, I suppose. He is a complete mystery to me.
J W Simms

Fountain Hills, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2011

<quoted text>Simms, do I gather you don't like this person?
You gather quite well old boy. Fact is I don't like any son of a bitch!! that will stand on the street corner with a bunch of old women and wave the American flag and then admit that he knowingly hires illegal Mexicans to do his landscaping and other jobs over American workers. I especially!! have no use for a worthless bastard who consistently bad mouths the Maricopa county sheriff for doing his job, which is to eradicate the criminal element from the county and state, which include illegals, county supervisors and corrupt Judges. So "LJ" can bend over and kiss my "ASS" as soon as sheriff Joe is finished with him. J.W. Simms.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2011

J W Simms wrote:
<quoted text>You gather quite well old boy. Fact is I don't like any son of a bitch!! that will stand on the street corner with a bunch of old women and wave the American flag and then admit that he knowingly hires illegal Mexicans to do his landscaping and other jobs over American workers. I especially!! have no use for a worthless bastard who consistently bad mouths the Maricopa county sheriff for doing his job, which is to eradicate the criminal element from the county and state, which include illegals, county supervisors and corrupt Judges. So "LJ" can bend over and kiss my "ASS" as soon as sheriff Joe is finished with him. J.W. Simms.
See what I mean. Completely barmy. Just another aged misanthrope out for a squawk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2011

J W Simms wrote:
<quoted text>You gather quite well old boy. Fact is I don't like any son of a bitch!! that will stand on the street corner with a bunch of old women and wave the American flag and then admit that he knowingly hires illegal Mexicans to do his landscaping and other jobs over American workers. I especially!! have no use for a worthless bastard who consistently bad mouths the Maricopa county sheriff for doing his job, which is to eradicate the criminal element from the county and state, which include illegals, county supervisors and corrupt Judges. So "LJ" can bend over and kiss my "ASS" as soon as sheriff Joe is finished with him. J.W. Simms.
WOW Simms
Sun City Resident

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

J W Simms wrote:
Truth be told!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••