Oklahoma Legislature Considering Home...

Oklahoma Legislature Considering Home Baker's Bill

There are 44 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Apr 17, 2010, titled Oklahoma Legislature Considering Home Baker's Bill. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

Oklahoma's home bakers are keeping a close eye on a bill making its way through the state capitol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Packing Heat

United States

#42 Aug 18, 2010
truth wrote:
truth be told, it all comes down to money. you have to pay for a food handers card and then the the taxes that will be collected.
New Obama Tax Policy

Tax his land, Tax his bed and Tax the table, at which he's fed.

Tax his tractor, tax his mule, teach him taxes are the rule.

Tax his work, tax his pay, he works for peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow, tax his goat, tax his pants, tax his coat.

Tax his ties, tax his shirt, tax his work, tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco, tax his drink, tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his cigars, tax his beers, if he cries, tax his tears.

Tax his car, tax his gas, find other ways to tax his as/s.

Tax all he has then let him know that you won't be done till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers; then tax him some more, tax him till he's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin, tax his grave, tax the sod in which he's laid

Put these words upon his tomb, taxes drove me to my doom

When he's gone, do not relax, its time to apply the inheritance tax
CookingwithDenay

Dallas, GA

#43 Oct 11, 2010
I have been following cottage food laws for some time now and I can tell you that never in a million years did state governments think it would come to this and neither did commercial food manufactures.

What is really interesting is that if both sides of the coin think about it, cottage food laws are a win-win! If you start a small home-based bakery or food processing business, there is only so much you can produce from the home kitchen; but the money you earn if you sell your product will and often is returned to your local community. If you are fortunate enough to be able to move your business to the next level, and start a small brick and mortar, employing local folks from the community, how great is that.

I suppose I'm trying to say, how else are we going to improve the economy if we don't do something to generate income and there are really only two ways to build revenue and that's by offering up products and services, right? So create a cottage law, provide the necessary food safety laws, rules and regs to keep the community safe and keep it movin...really now...it's not rocket science people!!!

Oh yeah, there really is enough business for everyone, since there are folks who do not want to purchase a decorated cake from Walmart... or chocolate truffles from Godiva.
best cake baker around

Durant, OK

#44 Jul 31, 2011
i dont see what the problem is with people selling homemade stuff from their homes. i guess its just a way for the government to stick their noses in the frosting to see if they like it or not. maybe some of the bakeries are afraid that homemade is so much better and they wont be getting their business. come on oklaoma lets let all these people who want to make their own money and not be a welfare getter go in and bake if they want to. i for one would rather see someone make a little money at home instead of being in a welfare line trying to get on a check. lets be the first state to stand up and say "im proud that im from okla and can bake if i want to'
byteme

Oklahoma City, OK

#45 Apr 11, 2013
This bill is a slap in the face to every bakery out there that had to go buy commercial ovens and refrigerators and have to get inspected by the health dept. Just remember people when your buying those yum yum home goods that you don't know if they got 10 cats at home walking around on the counters after they just went and took a dump in the litter box. Thanks for killing real business mattress Mary your fantastic!!! I hope someone passes a law that kindergarteners can be governor cause I think they would do a better job!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Diabetic Chef Paula Deen Caught Smoking 5 hr Sneaky Pete 1
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 18 hr Ackee 9,158
News Two Boots taking steps toward Stamford - cool' 21 hr Citizen44 5
News Variety stores the spice of my life (Aug '08) Sat acheshirecat 18
News What the heart wants: Take steps to reduce your... Sat Haha 3
News 'Burgers, Brew & Que' finds 'Spiced, Salty and ... Sat Mets Fan Forever 1
News Tokyo Fish Story Gets Northern California Premi... Fri JANE 1
More from around the web