Horse and Carriage Parade to hel...

May 10, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Inter-Mountain

The United Horseman's Association Equestrian Team from Virginia will highlight Saturday's second annual Horse and Carriage Parade down Strawberry Lane in Buckhannon.

Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated May 15, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
warrenvcrshop

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Come. & in joy.

Cross. Generations. Live.

To. Day. At. 2pm.

Spring. St. Buckhannon.

Country. & rock. & roll
Classic

Bridgeport, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

It was relley not long this year and wasn't nothing like last years
Holly

Stuarts Draft, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Wow I was so shocked to see the it sure want anything like last year they turned 3 teams away in which left 3 wagons not going thur and there wasn't the groups as there were last years and between prom and graduation for local collages and weather as well as the dates being moves up a week earlier this year relley but a toll on them maybe they can just try harder nexit year and improve there self and one can only hope nexit Saturday will be better and more people to watch the streets were empty in lots of places as well
Its becuz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Smokers stayed home.

Boycotted the dang thing as they should.
Poggle

Shinnston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

The reason it was so short this year was because a lot of people backed out because of the weather. The forecast showed rain, so people didn't show.
My rights

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Poggle wrote:
The reason it was so short this year was because a lot of people backed out because of the weather. The forecast showed rain, so people didn't show.
Yeah I didn't want my cigarette to get wet
jussayin

Lowell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

My rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I didn't want my cigarette to get wet
loool....good one
Horse

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Horses love cigs and this town pissed them off. You took away their tobacco.
sad

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Well I think animal control should have been making rounds and checking on the treatment of these horses. my friend took her son and she did some videos and while her son was riding, the horse kept falling asleep and the guy would poke it with a sharp stick to keep waking it up. And if you have had a horse out there until he is that worn out that he falls asleep walking then that my friend is abuse. But leave it to Buckhannon to allow horse abusers in for the festival, they would allow anything as long as its cheap. That is the exact reason so many people have stopped attending the strawberry festival, because when it was in june you had nice weather you didn't get rained out it wasn't cold and things were better. But now they have a few idiots in charge and they want to charge a lot a money for crappy service and people are tired of paying for it. who wants to pay $20 bucks for your kid to ride and then when it rains there are no refunds, and seriously how many of you have seen a week go by in may when its not cold and rainy. And Buckhannon treats gambil so bad that they then turn around and treat the people bad, not letting kids when prizes, and just in general not wanting to come to our town. I went to elkins and gambil treated you much better it was a friendlier group and my kids enjoyed it so much more than in Buckhannon, so now we just take out money and we wait until they go to a different town and we go there that way my kids can enjoy themselves and we don't have to see the carnival at its worst
Again

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

The WV Strawberry Festival is a state event. The City and County do not get to pick the dates. The State does not want too many festivals on the same weekend, so if they supply funding, they get to set the dates, not the City or County.
Next time you see animal abuse in progress, try calling 911.
The Department of Agriculture does send an inspector to check the horses in the parade.
U R GROSS

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Horse wrote:
Horses love cigs and this town pissed them off. You took away their tobacco.
I wish all you cig smokers would just shove those gross cancer sticks up your butts! You complain about them taking your rights away but every time you light one up you are taking away mine and my familyís rights to breathe fresh air. You throw nasty cig butts on the ground where children can pick them up. I know Iím not the only one that doesnít want to be exposed to it. And, Iím sure you are VERY wrong, the horses donít want to be exposed to that garbage either.

If you want to kill yourself with them then do it in your own home.
Poggle

Shinnston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

One of the problems with doing it in June is that you wouldn't be able to get any high school bands to participate since they would be out for the summer. And the festival has no say on how much the carnival charges or how they act. And why are you guys still complaining about the whole cigarette thing? The ban isn't being enforced this week.
Former Drum Major

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

I have heard this story about bands disbanding for the summer. It has been a few years, but my parochial school band of which I was a member for several years made big bucks marching in the summer. Fire Departments everywhere would hire us for local parades. Of course not everyone was around for every parade, but it was a popular school activity, and members loved traveling to other cities, so there were always just enough members to march. We did not have a football team, making the warm weather our busy season. Maybe that is why we were occasionally in TV commercials. So I guess there is life without football
SoWhat

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

sad wrote:
That is the exact reason so many people have stopped attending the strawberry festival, because when it was in june you had nice weather you didn't get rained out it wasn't cold and things were better.
Really? Because I can remember everyone b i t c h i n g about how hot it was in June, and if were coolert how much many more people would show up...
SoWhat

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

U R GROSS wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish all you cig smokers would just shove those gross cancer sticks up your butts!
Hey thanks. I tried this. Very soothing...
U R GROSS

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

SoWhat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey thanks. I tried this. Very soothing...
There sure are some SICK people in this world. I will pray for you!!
My rights

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

U R GROSS wrote:
<quoted text>
There sure are some SICK people in this world. I will pray for you!!
Last time I checked tobacco was legal and sold at over 98% of the stores nationwide Do crybabies like you complain about pre 80's cars and trucks with no converters ,if one of those was to pass you it would be like inhaling 20 packs of cigarettes,so do us all a favor and go suck on your ford fiesta tailpipe until your prayers are answered ,you frickin crybaby .
David

Stuarts Draft, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

sad wrote:
Well I think animal control should have been making rounds and checking on the treatment of these horses. my friend took her son and she did some videos and while her son was riding, the horse kept falling asleep and the guy would poke it with a sharp stick to keep waking it up. And if you have had a horse out there until he is that worn out that he falls asleep walking then that my friend is abuse. But leave it to Buckhannon to allow horse abusers in for the festival, they would allow anything as long as its cheap. That is the exact reason so many people have stopped attending the strawberry festival, because when it was in june you had nice weather you didn't get rained out it wasn't cold and things were better. But now they have a few idiots in charge and they want to charge a lot a money for crappy service and people are tired of paying for it. who wants to pay $20 bucks for your kid to ride and then when it rains there are no refunds, and seriously how many of you have seen a week go by in may when its not cold and rainy. And Buckhannon treats gambil so bad that they then turn around and treat the people bad, not letting kids when prizes, and just in general not wanting to come to our town. I went to elkins and gambil treated you much better it was a friendlier group and my kids enjoyed it so much more than in Buckhannon, so now we just take out money and we wait until they go to a different town and we go there that way my kids can enjoy themselves and we don't have to see the carnival at its worst
and you are so dumb and your post is as well go back to head start either stay on the same line or stop posting on other people stuff that you clearly don't have any idea of what you are talking about clearly
Jim

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Classic wrote:
It was relley not long this year and wasn't nothing like last years
I did'nt get to go to the parade but I heard that I did not miss anything. I was told it was only about 30 minutes long. Where were the thousands of people who were going to watch it? I do'nt think they didnt show up because it was calling for rain. The weather forcast for the day of the Strawberry Parade is calling for rain.So I guess no one will show up for it either.
sad

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

David wrote:
<quoted text> and you are so dumb and your post is as well go back to head start either stay on the same line or stop posting on other people stuff that you clearly don't have any idea of what you are talking about clearly
Why am I dumb are you the horse owner who was clearly over working his horse? And my post was far from dumb, I was not there or I would have call 911, I said my friend video'd her son riding and I seen a video. And CLEARLY you can kiss my A$$ because what you think doesn't even matter, so go ahead and keep abusing your horses. No one reported you, I wasn't there or I would have. Try giving them a break once in awhile and people wont notice how tired they are. Oh and I don't need head start to know animal abuse is wrong. But anyway i'm done with this thread the horse parade is over, And you have a whole year to let your horse rest so you can abuse him again. So don't bother replying I won't be back on this site.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 29 min Curious 7,884
MSU Gets Anonymous $1 Million Gift For Gay Center 2 hr Jumper The wise 34
Latest fried-chicken spot touts private recipe,... 3 hr Big Johnson 1
Derby couple with pizza-making past open new jo... 4 hr Nancy 2
Phen375 Weight Loss Diet Pills now Offers Extra... (Apr '13) 4 hr Wyler Smith 2
Hundreds of fatigued Syrian rebels give up the ... 8 hr Hey George 3
Manhunt is on for owners of Hermosa Beach's Clu... (Oct '09) 9 hr Arcadiao 162
•••
•••