In Ohio's poorest county, people do w...

In Ohio's poorest county, people do what it takes

There are 95 comments on the Port Clinton News Herald story from Dec 3, 2011, titled In Ohio's poorest county, people do what it takes. In it, Port Clinton News Herald reports that:

Dustin Faulkner, above, buys diesel fuel at the Williams' Corner Market. As the economy has declined, business at the market has picked up.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Port Clinton News Herald.

Carrigan

Clearwater, FL

#61 Jan 17, 2012
CRASH GORDON wrote:
Man, were to start with this dumbas!,(CARRIGAN).Lets see,I am guessing you came from a family who waited on you hand and foot,never missed a meal,mommy holding your hand all through life,(and probably still does).So what would you know about what it is like to be on the poor side of the tracks,im guessing not a dam@ thing.There are poor people all over the United States,uneducated people,and then there are as!holes like you who look down on poor people.Have you tried to get a job in our economy today,or do you have some guy footing the bills for you.And as for you BOO,get a fuc!in clue about what you are saying,they ship jobs over seas so the union can get ther products built by some foreigner dirt cheap.It has nothing to do with our demands,it is all about the greed of the almighty dollar.That is why so many people our out of work.And its [email protected] like you who think thats going to help.You would make a good politician you are full of bullshi@,and have nothing to say worth hearing.
Sorry but my mother was killed by a drunk driver when I was a baby so she didn't hold my hand through life. I have a great father though who worked hard and put himself through college and medical school BEFORE getting married and having children so no, I never missed a meal. You see, until he could afford to support children he didn't have any! That is what responsible people do. As far as trying to find a job in this economy...I'm sure I wouldn't have a problem. I bet I could have a job in less than a week if I needed one. I have an excellent education, no criminal record, good hygiene, all of my teeth, no problem taking a drug test and I speak and write very well. Heck I even have perfect credit! My husband and I are responsible people too. We got our educations, got married, and then had children when we could support them OURSELVES! No welfare, no Medicaid, we never even got the famous and much loved Earned Income Credit! Now I understand some people have hard times and need a little help temporarily...but when someone who is already on welfare has another child it is flat out irresponsible! When generations of families are living off of tax payers it is disgusting! When people won't move to find work and would rather live off of welfare it is disturbing. And most of all....with all of the poverty in this town the fact that cigarette, lottery ticket and beer sales are as strong as ever pisses me off!! Get some shame, some pride and some self respect!
LEGEND LATHAM

Chillicothe, OH

#62 Jan 17, 2012
President,that would be sweet,i would have the little Randolfs of the world cleaning the mud off my shoes,you know how us white trash like to play in the mud.I dont care if someone doesnt agree with me,i just dont like stupid people, thats all.You must have the wrong guy, i like were i live.Ive worked 40 hours a week since highschool,wife ,kids.What does some little crybaby,[email protected] like you do to get by.
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#63 Jan 17, 2012
I just want to start,i meant no desrespect to your mother,and im glad you have such a great life.I myself cant complain,work every day,kids our fed,bills our paid.And i totally agree there is alot of people who abuse the system,what i can not understand is why you think there is more people on walfare in latham,then there are in waverly,chillocothe,or any other place on our planet.At least the walfare money goes back into the system.Were does the money go in the pampered area of life,i will tell you,in there pocket.Can you imagine what a world it would be if we had to depend on the rich to spend enough to keep us going.Taxes,i pay my taxes,and i would rather see it go to the poorest white trash family there is then to see one dime go to some pampered family judgeing the poor.

“The few and the proud ”

Since: Mar 10

Southern ohio

#64 Jan 18, 2012
You dnt even wanna know what I do or you really be cryin. But to get where I am today I did what it took and drove to columbus everyday for years. Not sit around and bitch bout no jobs an Iv never taken a cent from the government. If you apparently have a job why you cryin in the first place??
LEGEND LATHAM

Chillicothe, OH

#65 Jan 18, 2012
Who said i was crying,im having fun doging little pukes like you.I am still waiting on a name, but i understand if you have a case of the no BALLS syndrom.And that makes two of us,i have a nice paying job, right around 22.50 an hour,not even an hour from the house.Believe me it would take more then the little randolf,s of the world to make me cry.Its a good thing you are the few and the proud because i dont think i have enough hot air to dog two of you.
Wanta No

Van Wert, OH

#66 Jan 18, 2012
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#67 Jan 18, 2012
what dude
Wanta No

Van Wert, OH

#68 Jan 18, 2012
Click on the link. He is up for 3 counts of rape.
Wanta No

Van Wert, OH

#69 Jan 18, 2012
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#70 Jan 18, 2012
No never herd of him,sounds like a real loser.

“The few and the proud ”

Since: Mar 10

Southern ohio

#71 Jan 19, 2012
L.L. Omg u r to funny. Just like I expected your not even in my league. your just a pissy redneck lookin for a fight. this conversation just goin in circles.
boo hoo hoo

Napoleon, OH

#72 Jan 19, 2012
Randolf wrote:
You dnt even wanna know what I do or you really be cryin. But to get where I am today I did what it took and drove to columbus everyday for years. Not sit around and bitch bout no jobs an Iv never taken a cent from the government. If you apparently have a job why you cryin in the first place??
You say everyone else works no job and is sitting around crying but if you worked a job you would not have time to be on here 24/7 whinning all day along. And you talk about others bitching and crying, what do you think it is that you are doing?????--bitching and whinning and sitting on your a** all day long on here. BOO HOO HOO!
to legend latham

Napoleon, OH

#73 Jan 19, 2012
LEGEND LATHAM wrote:
Who said i was crying,im having fun doging little pukes like you.I am still waiting on a name, but i understand if you have a case of the no BALLS syndrom.And that makes two of us,i have a nice paying job, right around 22.50 an hour,not even an hour from the house.Believe me it would take more then the little randolf,s of the world to make me cry.Its a good thing you are the few and the proud because i dont think i have enough hot air to dog two of you.
I am so glad to see that you have this Randolf pegged so well. He does make himself sound like a little puke (but thats a nice name to call him, I consider him to be far less) and as you said, he still will not let you know who he really is which just means his words are just worthless when he speaks them but don't have the balls to back them up. I wonder if he is really so p'd off about people receiving welfare and disability because maybe he was denied getting it for himself. Because it is the only thing that makes any sense for him to be so fixated on such a thing and constantly criticizing such people. I wonder if he was denied welfare and has to really live off of someone else because he could not really be working a job with all the time he spends on all these forums. There are many who do not deserve welfare, but just the same there are some who do. God is our only judge, not Randolph nor anyone else on here who criticizes others for any reason. There is only one reason to maybe criticize a person and that is if they intentionally do harm to others, and then only if it is a fact that they harm others. And since noone can truly know for a fact that someone is harming others unless they see it with their own eyes only (not someones word or opinion) then they still have no right to judge anyone.

“Loser is as Loser does! ”

Since: Aug 11

Ashland, KY

#74 Jan 19, 2012
to legend latham wrote:
<quoted text>I am so glad to see that you have this Randolf pegged so well. He does make himself sound like a little puke (but thats a nice name to call him, I consider him to be far less) and as you said, he still will not let you know who he really is which just means his words are just worthless when he speaks them but don't have the balls to back them up. I wonder if he is really so p'd off about people receiving welfare and disability because maybe he was denied getting it for himself. Because it is the only thing that makes any sense for him to be so fixated on such a thing and constantly criticizing such people. I wonder if he was denied welfare and has to really live off of someone else because he could not really be working a job with all the time he spends on all these forums. There are many who do not deserve welfare, but just the same there are some who do. God is our only judge, not Randolph nor anyone else on here who criticizes others for any reason. There is only one reason to maybe criticize a person and that is if they intentionally do harm to others, and then only if it is a fact that they harm others. And since noone can truly know for a fact that someone is harming others unless they see it with their own eyes only (not someones word or opinion) then they still have no right to judge anyone.
Why does someone "deserve" welfare?
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#75 Jan 21, 2012
Its mainly because, its not what you know,but who you blow, when it comes to getting a job in pike county.And if it wasnt,there would be alot less jobs for you pampered,spoiled,[email protected] and alot more walefare familys at work.I mean if a person wasnt judged for what he or she was wearing,or what family they were from then there would be alot more of them working instead of drawing a check.Alot of people DESERVE walfare, because they dont have MOMMY AND DADDY footing the bills for them,or they dont make enough to get by.Do you deserve the right to judge the poor,

“Loser is as Loser does! ”

Since: Aug 11

Ashland, KY

#76 Jan 21, 2012
CRASH GORDON wrote:
Its mainly because, its not what you know,but who you blow, when it comes to getting a job in pike county.And if it wasnt,there would be alot less jobs for you pampered,spoiled,[email protected] and alot more walefare familys at work.I mean if a person wasnt judged for what he or she was wearing,or what family they were from then there would be alot more of them working instead of drawing a check.Alot of people DESERVE walfare, because they dont have MOMMY AND DADDY footing the bills for them,or they dont make enough to get by.Do you deserve the right to judge the poor,
The only thing you "deserve" as a US Citizen is your Constitutional Rights. No one deserves anything that they don't actively accomplish themselves.
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#77 Jan 21, 2012
That is the most retarded thing i have herd you say yet.Constitutional Rights,they gave our rights to the forieners in our country.So i guess your idea is to keep all the walfare and give it to our government that is doing such a fabulous job of running things.I am glad you are not in charge of things, going around squashing all the poor people,because they dont have the same life as you.You are no different then hitler getting rid of the jews because they were different.You rich little one a bees our a sad example of what living in the land of the free was supposed to be about.
usps

Van Wert, OH

#78 Jan 22, 2012
Hey boo last time I looked there were plenty of problems in Portsmouth. Why are you on a Latham site. As far as welfare goes your elected govt has lost more money in one year playing with Goldman Sacks on wall street than they have payed for welfare in 30 years look it up ,put the blame were it goes,and not on the people that live all around you and put money in your community even if they are on welfare they spend money at local business I am a small business owner . I am for Latham I now live in Waverly. My whole family is from Latham and they all worked very hard, half of the U.S is below poverty level how in the hell can you single out one area, it is very offensive. Clean up the drugs and whores walking the street in portsmouth before you try to save the world from welfare.
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#79 Jan 22, 2012
(USPS)I agree totally,its like out of the entire world, our government gives all there walfare money to just the people of latham.All the drugs in the country are from latham,if that was the case the roads would be paved in gold.I grew up in latham,my dad worked every day,we were not rich,but we were still happy with what we had.As for walfare,if they did not give that money to the poor it would go in there pockets,can these people, dogging the poor,actually be stupid enough to think they would get that money.Better yet, i bet if they were getting free money you would not here a peep out of them.

“Loser is as Loser does! ”

Since: Aug 11

Ashland, KY

#80 Jan 22, 2012
CRASH GORDON wrote:
(USPS)I agree totally,its like out of the entire world, our government gives all there walfare money to just the people of latham.All the drugs in the country are from latham,if that was the case the roads would be paved in gold.I grew up in latham,my dad worked every day,we were not rich,but we were still happy with what we had.As for walfare,if they did not give that money to the poor it would go in there pockets,can these people, dogging the poor,actually be stupid enough to think they would get that money.Better yet, i bet if they were getting free money you would not here a peep out of them.
You call people stupid, but continuously use "walfare." WTF is walfare?! Choke on a cookie!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More pizza please: Pasquale's ready to expand 5 hr uchrisbrownq 1
News Farm-to-plate restaurant to set up shop in Quak... 5 hr Sam 26
News Alice's Place in Elburn: 6 photos 5 hr really? 1
News Free meals available to all Livingston Parish p... 5 hr uchrisbrownq 1
News Refrigerated/Frozen Dough Products Worldwide Ma... 5 hr uchrisbrownq 2
News Beer, wine, eats a " your taste buds are in for... 9 hr Ronald 2
News Veganism - doing the right thing (Jul '11) 23 hr USA R0CKS 983
More from around the web